• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look everyone, covid apologists simping for each other!

So you disagree that it’s weird and just think it’s a coincidence that Instagram, Twitter, and Reddit all magically suffered major hiccups in Australia (only) during the same week which saw widespread covid restriction protests?
Oh man, you’re right ….except for the name calling….you’re trying too hard.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow dude, amazing retort. You ought to move down there and check it for yourself. Seems like you’d fit right in with the rest of the sheep.
Any other names you want to call me? How about admitting to @jackjack that you were wrong and maybe apologize? That would be a good start.

SlickAg

pilot
Any other names you want to call me? How about admitting to @jackjack that you were wrong and maybe apologize? That would be a good start.
I changed all of my posts and called you a brave person resisting tyranny.

Instead, how about you offer an explanation to me of why Australian users had issues with social media websites during protests in Australia? And then, if you can’t come up with any, apologize to me for de facto calling me a liar?

Last edited:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I changed all of my posts and called you a brave person resisting tyranny.

Instead, how about you offer an explanation to me of why Australian users had issues with social media websites during protests in Australia? And then, if you can’t come up with any, apologize to me for de facto calling me a liar?
@jackjack clearly explained that there were no issues other than a 1-hour delay. Heck you even posted an article from USA Today dispelling your conspiracy theory. Maybe you need to re-read his post???‍♂️

Were you a Sea Lawyer during your Active Duty time in the Navy?

SlickAg

pilot
@jackjack clearly explained that there were no issues other than a 1-hour delay. Heck you even posted an article from USA Today dispelling your conspiracy theory. Maybe you need to re-read his post???‍♂️

Were you a Sea Lawyer during your Active Duty time in the Navy?
Yes, there were NO issues with the internet. It worked the WHOLE time, and there was just a 1-hour delay on the video feed to help the police enforce their very lawful and necessary lockdown laws. And jackjack would know definitively if there was any other monkey business going on.

But, again, if the internet was working the whole time and didn't have any issues, why did Instagram, Reddit, Facebook Live, and Twitter suffer widespread issues during that week as the article I posted, and the quote I posted, clearly stated? If there were no issues with the internet, why was there a de facto social media blackout? I'd love to hear your explanation.

I had a funny answer to your sea lawyer question but you're apparently pretty thin-skinned so I decided not to answer it.

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
Didn’t ask about vaccinated versus unvaccinated. In no way, shape, or form was that the question. I asked why their case rates, hospitalizations, and deaths are down so greatly despite their lack of vaccine and mask mandates.

Is that rhetorical enough for you @ea6bflyr?

Just to be clear, you’re arguing that Florida is the model of success during the Delta wave?

SlickAg

pilot
Just to be clear, you’re arguing that Florida is the model of success during the Delta wave?
To be clear, I’m asking why their case rates and hospitalization rates are down so much in spite of their lack of vaccine and mask mandates. Compare them to New York, for example, at this moment in time, and explain why their numbers are down so much.

Remember, the President’s Chief Medical Advisor said football games were “super spreader” events, and that just hasn’t panned out like he predicted. I’m asking for someone to explain the disconnect.

jackjack

Yes, there were NO issues with the internet. It worked the WHOLE time, and there was just a 1-hour delay on the video feed to help the police enforce their very lawful and necessary lockdown laws. And jackjack would know definitively if there was any other monkey business going on.
I did actually miss that this had happened.
I wonder what was happening around the world, because facebook just didn't crash in Australia for 6 hours. It was worldwide. must be the World Bank and those Jewish people in California that crashed it. That fits the conspiracy stuff, doesn't it. :)
Downdetector.com, a major monitoring service for online outages, called it the largest global outage it had ever recorded — with 10.6 million reports from around the world.

It took Facebook nearly six hours to get services back online, albeit slowly at first. Ironically, the outage was so pervasive Facebook had to resort to using Twitter, its rival platform, to get updates out into the world.

According to a report from The Verge referencing Facebook’s Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Infrastructure, it seems the problem was probably Facebook’s internal infrastructure.

Facebook engineers were sent to one of the company’s data centres in California to work on the problem, which implies they were unable to log in remotely to the data centre.

Experts have said the outage could have only have come from inside the company. It’s likely Facebook engineers inadvertently made changes to how the network is set up, creating a cascading set of problems.