• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot

number9

Contributor
@jackjack

Who is this lady? Even with 80% vaccination. Even with zero cases (which is a ridiculous metric). Covid never ends.

View attachment 32224
That is Gladys Berejiklian, who recently resigned (in some amount of disgrace) as Premier of New South Wales. She is going to be investigated for a raft of corruption allegations, none of which (as far as I know) have anything to do with COVID.

The Premier of an Australian state is roughly equivalent to a U.S. Governor; I say that because Australian states also have Governors. The current Governor of NSW is Margaret Beazley; being a Governor is an almost totally ceremonial position.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
AND a quick update on New Zealand, even though they “got rid” of covid.

To be fair, that chart maxes out at 75 cases, out of a population of just over 5 million people. They've had ~4,800 cases since the beginning of the pandemic, and 28 deaths. Compare that with Puerto Rico, for example, an island of 3.2 million people, which has had 216,000 cases and 3,200 deaths. Or Hawaii, population 1.4 million, 79,000 cases and 800 deaths. Even Australia, draconian as their measures seem from this thread, has had about 5 times as many cases per million people, and about ten times as many deaths. If New Zealand has a problem, I don't think "the lockdowns aren't working" is it.

jackjack

To be fair, that chart maxes out at 75 cases, out of a population of just over 5 million people. They've had ~4,800 cases since the beginning of the pandemic, and 28 deaths. Compare that with Puerto Rico, for example, an island of 3.2 million people, which has had 216,000 cases and 3,200 deaths. Or Hawaii, population 1.4 million, 79,000 cases and 800 deaths. Even Australia, draconian as their measures seem from this thread, has had about 5 times as many cases per million people, and about ten times as many deaths. If New Zealand has a problem, I don't think "the lockdowns aren't working" is it.
Thanks for the link. That Canadian comedy team are new to me.
As some would know, there has been a vaccine shortage down here. Good stocks have recently arrived and our first dose vaccination has now exceeded 70% of pop. which is surprisingly higher than the US. Restrictions are easing and we open up at 80% of adult pop being vaccinated or 65% of pop fully vaccinated.

In context we aren't doing too bad. Though everyone looks bad compared to NZ

Last edited: