• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
Weak slam. Lets be fair. Both sides are debating issues based on social media posts. The news reported regarding Iceland in that twitter post is interesting. But it require a hell of a lot more study. It is hardly a coup de grace to the vax program in the US. Same with the Japanese reports.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose. I found his comment to be spot on. “Debating” would imply that there’s a targeted response to a specific question rather than what’s happening.

And it must be a generational thing, but there’s a difference between someone’s mom posting their opinion on Facebook or an Instagram post and someone using Twitter as a platform to push information and links to published articles and verifiable information.

Iceland has already made their decision, so I don’t think they’re doing that much more study. And I don’t know to what you’re referring about the “Japanese reports”. Case counts are skyrocketing despite nearly 100% compliance with the mask mandates. That’s a fact, not an unverified report.

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not a weak slam at all. He flat out says he’s refusing to discuss facts. I guess it’s tough to process that his masking and vaccination were completely pointless for the rest of society. I can’t wait for the next idiotic post featuring a repentant anti vaxxer
@taxi1 has basically been reduced to a Twitter bot
I was on point. You accused him of being a twitter bot when most of you guys are doing the same, copying social media posts and parroting the conclusions. That is what this thread has become. Fine. I still come around occasionally. But your accusation is the pot calling the kettle black. If I had the time I'd count up the linked social posts for the top 4 or five posters here. But I don't. I am pretty damn sure though that @taxi1 does not have the most social media links in this thread.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I was on point. You accused him of being a twitter bot when most of you guys are doing the same, copying social media posts and parroting the conclusions. That is what this thread has become. Fine. I still come around occasionally. But your accusation is the pot calling the kettle black. If I had the time I'd count up the linked social posts for the top 4 or five posters here. But I don't. I am pretty damn sure though that @taxi1 does not have the most social media links in this thread.
Read SlickAg’s post. Good Lord.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And it must be a generational thing, but there’s a difference between someone’s mom posting their opinion on Facebook or an Instagram post and someone using Twitter as a platform to push information and links to published articles and verifiable information.
I get this. I have kids you know. They learned me. My point is, it is only information. But the analysis is usually lacking or very thin. I'd like to see more academic papers that analyze more information in more depth. Iceland? Holy cow. They are nearly racially pure, genetics? Weather, what make of vaccinations and what doses and when were they given. Variant of COVID, nature of transmission, how they count cases, former cases that may have resulted in natural immunity. Hell I am full of questions. I see reports like that and Japan's and I have questions that I don't have the data to answer myself or an not qualified to answer.

Sure studies and research take time. Most of us have admitted there is way too much unknown about the virus now. The truth of the effectiveness of any of the procedures, vaccines, hospital policies, or treatments will not be known for a long time. My bet is that we have overreacted, that shut downs made no difference, the numbers are inflated and the vaccines are valuable. But I am not looking to twitter posts today to validate my positions. I'll just wait and see how right I was.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
You get a chance to do this yet? Genuinely curious about how it works. Do you ignore the order and blackball them for giving the order? Or do you quietly comply then blackball? Do you blackball them for giving the order or do you have to make up a different reason?

Haven't worn a mask yet on base since this tomfoolery came about. Haven't had anyone say otherwise to me. The base skipper seems to put as much stock into it as I do post-jab, so that's nice to see.

It doesn't take much to earn a strikethrough on the interview list at my airline. Me popping my head into his office with "Hey boss, I don't trust this guy and wouldn't put my family on a flight he is operating" would be enough. It only takes one chief pilot in the tank to say "he's got a no vote from me. Bad rep in my base. Next candidate." You could crush every part of the interview but if the CPs are not unanimous yes votes, you don't get hired.

Your reputation very much precedes you in Naval Aviation. Some people seem to forget that the higher up they go, which is ironic, because they're that much closer to needing a network on the outside.

taxi1

pilot
@taxi1 ...dead ass wrong YET AGAIN
About what?

The vaccine being safe? @SlickAg linked to an excellent research paper proving they are extraordinarily safe. Probably didn’t mean to, but he did. Probably regrets it, but too late.

The vaccine being effective? The hospitalizations for Covid being 99% unvaccinated is hard data consistent across the USA. The only way that can hold true is if the vaccine is effective.

The anecdotes? Those are of people that believed what @SlickAg has been peddling, and now they regret it because put them in the ICU or killed them.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
About what?

The vaccine being safe? @SlickAg linked to an excellent research paper proving they are extraordinarily safe. Probably didn’t mean to, but he did. Probably regrets it, but too late.

The vaccine being effective? The hospitalizations for Covid being 99% unvaccinated is hard data consistent across the USA. The only way that can hold true is if the vaccine is effective.

The anecdotes? Those are of people that believed what @SlickAg has been peddling, and now they regret it because put them in the ICU or killed them.
Go read the recent posts again before firing off a bunch of strawmen

SlickAg

pilot
About what?

The only one who's been consistently wrong around here is you.

What, exactly, have I been peddling? I disagree with vaccine mandates, especially for the military, and vaccine passports. And now there’s increasingly strong data that they’re not the panacea they’ve been touted as. But find a post where I said they don’t work and/or people shouldn’t get them.

I’ll be waiting.

Last edited:

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It doesn't take much to earn a strikethrough on the interview list at my airline. Me popping my head into his office with "Hey boss, I don't trust this guy and wouldn't put my family on a flight he is operating" would be enough. It only takes one chief pilot in the tank to say "he's got a no vote from me. Bad rep in my base. Next candidate." You could crush every part of the interview but if the CPs are not unanimous yes votes, you don't get hired.

Your reputation very much precedes you in Naval Aviation. Some people seem to forget that the higher up they go, which is ironic, because they're that much closer to needing a network on the outside.
Interesting. I guess I don't see the logical line between telling you to obey a lawful order and you "popping your head in and saying I don't trust this guy and wouldn't put my family on a flight he is operating."

Haven't met many senior folks that forget their reputation precedes them, but your community may vary.

Good luck with the blackballings should it come to that.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You and Brett must've had the same mythical, magical, unicorn ride of a career.
It's been fun.

A large number of the people I see on active duty seem like they're actually trying hard to get blackballed at every major airline in the US.
That directly contrasts to the large number of active duty folks I see that have had no trouble getting hired at major airlines upon retirement, but, again, your community and peers may differ.

SlickAg

pilot
It's been fun.

That directly contrasts to the large number of active duty folks I see that have had no trouble getting hired at major airlines upon retirement, but, again, your community and peers may differ.
Yeah I bet this past year and a half has been a real doozy.

Pretty much everyone gets on somewhere eventually.

But, I know of a few instances where people weren't successful at certain airlines because of someone who was already working there. And there's a difference between passive and active. For example, it'd be one thing to forget to write someone a LOR. It'd be another to actively reach out to the hiring team or management and put in your two cents. In the end, I think most dudes are pretty chill about not going the latter route, but it definitely happens.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah I bet this past year and a half has been a real doozy.
'Unreal' would be apt.

Pretty much everyone gets on somewhere eventually.

But, I know of a few instances where people weren't successful at certain airlines because of someone who was already working there. And there's a difference between passive and active. For example, it'd be one thing to forget to write someone a LOR. It'd be another to actively reach out to the hiring team or management and put in your two cents. In the end, I think most dudes are pretty chill about not going the latter route, but it definitely happens.
As it sometimes probably should. Good description of the active versus passive recommendation (or not) process-applicable whether AD or (any) industry, and I've not seen it put quite so concisely. Probably worthy of a completely different discussion at some point.