• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What exactly don’t I have figured out?
That I’m not looking for your endorsement, just asking about how you’d go about doing the blackball thing. Seemed strange and somewhat aggressive, but if that’s your thing then, fine.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
0 spooling here. I answered your question about the mechanics of giving a don't pick em at my company and why anyone going high and right over my refusal to wear a mask deserves one, in my opinion.

SlickAg

pilot
Super confused on why the three of you are so spooled up over me asking a question about blackballing wrt getting asked to obey an order. Not shitting on the reserves at all, they’re an incredibly valuable part of what makes everything work.
Oh, gotcha. Yeah I wasn’t referring to you.

I was referring to the large number of idiots I’ve seen over the years come down to Kingsville high on the Navy, super jazzed about being in command, being super confident of their chances of making O-6 and possibly major command ashore, and then proceed to burn almost every possible bridge with their cadre of reservists. Then when they realize that as it turns out, their career prospects in the Navy aren’t actually that bright and being the Ops O of a CVN isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, and it’s going to be super hard to get current again in the Navy if they intend to retire as an O-6...turns out that the reservists won’t tend to help a guy out when he’s spent the last 36 months shitting on them every chance he’s gotten.

It’s just something that happens over and over again and I was making light of it.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

I was referring to the large number of idiots I’ve seen over the years come down to Kingsville high on the Navy, super jazzed about being in command, being super confident of their chances of making O-6 and possibly major command ashore, and then proceed to burn almost every possible bridge with their cadre of reservists. Then when they realize that as it turns out, their career prospects in the Navy aren’t actually that bright and being the Ops O of a CVN isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, and it’s going to be super hard to get current again in the Navy if they intend to retire as an O-6...turns out that the reservists won’t tend to help a guy out when he’s spent the last 36 months shitting on them every chance he’s gotten.

It’s just something that happens over and over again and I was making light of it.

Bingo. Happening right now at my wing. The people doing it are convinced that the airlines are really going to like their management experience and great ideas.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seniority is a nice equalizer. Enjoy your power trip now cause rank don’t mean shit in the Show!
Huh? Let's get real. Seniority is no equalizer. Just the opposite really. And the only version of rank we have in the airlines is four strip vs three, and seniority doesn't mean shit in that pissing contest. I was the number one or two FO in LA for a couple years. Top ten for over five years. Half the guys I flew with were junior to me, but it made no difference. I had the years and the hours in type. But he had the stripes. Fine with me. Just pointing out the lack of logic in what you posted.

SlickAg

pilot
Huh? Let's get real. Seniority is no equalizer. Just the opposite really. And the only version of rank we have in the airlines is four strip vs three, and seniority doesn't mean shit in that pissing contest. I was the number one or two FO in LA for a couple years. Top ten for over five years. Half the guys I flew with were junior to me, but it made no difference. I had the years and the hours in type. But he had the stripes. Fine with me. Just pointing out the lack of logic in what you posted.
Clearly, he was talking about one’s military rank...

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Got it. Sucks that you all are seeing that and totally not my ball of wax. I'm sure the AD/SELRES/SAU relationship is complex to manage at the least.

I was apparently misinterpreting that you were implying that airline pilots in the reserves were a "protected class" that should be treated differently when it comes to obeying orders due to the ability to potentially influencing the future employment of their current superiors. That would also be a complex relationship to navigate and am glad that I was misinterpreting that and hope that you all have a better scene as soon as possible. If you're comfortable sharing- what did the "burning every possible bridge" consist of?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Since when are you Frank's big brother? Can you not let any chance to comment from the peanut gallery pass? I respect @FrankTheTank . I'll let him clarify as he sees fit.
Basically what Slick said. Military rank means jack nor shit in the Airlines. It doesn’t matter if you’re the CNO, you‘re forever junior to lessor ranked (reserve/retired) officers or civilians for that matter!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Basically what Slick said. Military rank means jack nor shit in the Airlines. It doesn’t matter if you’re the CNO, you‘re forever junior to lessor ranked (reserve/retired) officers or civilians for that matter!
OK. I get that. But still feel like "seniority is an equalizer" is not exactly true even in your context. The biggest O-6 asshole, and some are reservist, not active duty retired, that is an airline Captain can still lord over an FO who has a better number on the company seniority list. I mean I now get what you were getting at. Just say'in.
I could ask you the same question.
No I am not his big brother. But I am senior in years on the line and commissioned. So, based on the previous posts, that would make you our junior. Think I could encourage you to sit quietly while the adults talk. ;)