• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Anyone else think it’s interesting nobody mainstream was talking about mutations until the first vaccine came out?

I’m not espousing any conspiracy theories, just saying it’s interesting. Food for thought.
It's interesting but not the least bit surprising.

The smart people were talking about mutations back in the spring.

The mainstream media people are usually the ones who were eating paste in high school science class and copying off the smart people. Later they went to college for basketweaving degrees.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot

taxi1

pilot
Why are we wasting vaccines on servicemembers? Wouldn't these be better spent on vaccinating the elderly, especially since the vaccinations don't provide any relief from the idiocy of ROMs?
We vaccinate for two reasons, to protect individuals and to protect populations. For the individuals, you vaccinate the ones most at risk. For the population, you vaccinate the ones most likely to spread it.

The population protection is also why even vaccines with 50% protection rates are useful. If the population takes it, they help drop R0 down, hopefully below 1 so the disease goes away.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
We vaccinate for two reasons, to protect individuals and to protect populations. For the individuals, you vaccinate the ones most at risk. For the population, you vaccinate the ones most likely to spread it.

The population protection is also why even vaccines with 50% protection rates are useful. If the population takes it, they help drop R0 down, hopefully below 1 so the disease goes away.
False. The vaccine has not been scientifically established to reduce or prevent the spread of the virus. That’s why Fauci, CDC, etc. are saying people need to keep wearing masks and social distancing even after being vaccinated.

taxi1

pilot
False. The vaccine has not been scientifically established to reduce or prevent the spread of the virus. That’s why Fauci, CDC, etc. are saying people need to keep wearing masks and social distancing even after being vaccinated.
False. The vaccine OBVIOUSLY reduces the probability of spread of the virus, duh, but it doesn’t turn a recipient into a virus no-go zone, so masks and distancing continue to further help to lower R0.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
False. The vaccine OBVIOUSLY reduces the probability of spread of the virus, duh, but it doesn’t turn a recipient into a virus no-go zone, so masks and distancing continue to further help to lower R0.
Care to provide some peer reviewed scientific studies to support your point?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The vaccine prevents spread like every other vaccine. The “need” for masks and other bullshit after vaccination is... bullshit.

And it’s shameful to be vaccinating service members who aren’t at risk while elderly people still can’t get the vaccine. I declined vaccination while my parents wait.

SlickAg

pilot
Care to provide some peer reviewed scientific journal articles to support your point?
Let's not hold our breath on this one.

Besides, people like him who advocate for universal masking and closing of schools do it because of the (minuscule) threat of asymptomatic spread. Asymptomatic spread is still possible for a vaccinated person; it doesn't prevent someone from getting the virus, it just hopefully minimizes the severity of the resultant illness.

SlickAg

pilot
Why are we wasting vaccines on servicemembers? Wouldn't these be better spent on vaccinating the elderly, especially since the vaccinations don't provide any relief from the idiocy of ROMs?
I'll be shocked if Navy Med steps up to the plate and relieves vaccinated personnel from the HPCON C/C- restrictions.

I'm also fascinated to see service-wide retention statistics. Anecdotally, this hasn't stopped JOs who were already planning on getting out from getting out. All it's done is further their desire to get out and return to normalcy. The reserves and second-tier cargo carriers are much more desirable than say, a 3 year prison sentence I mean DH tour in Japan, for example.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So what's the deets with life in the Whale's Vagina? Hair cuts closed but Ralph's are open? What about other places like Ikea and Lowes? Curious what the current situation is there.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I stand by my comment - it has not been scientifically established yet whether or not the vaccine reduces or prevents spread. It may be the case, but that aspect was not part of vaccine trials and hasn’t been scientifically established yet.

taxi1

pilot
Let's not hold our breath on this one.

Besides, people like him who advocate for universal masking and closing of schools
I don’t advocate closing of schools.

A key to opening schools (or anything) without exploding the number of cases, by the way, is universal masking.

Here, you can breath again.

I stand by my comment - it has not been scientifically established yet whether or not the vaccine reduces or prevents spread. It may be the case, but that aspect was not part of vaccine trials and hasn’t been scientifically established yet.
So people should continue to wear masks. You an I agree on that.