• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
I don’t advocate closing of schools.

A key to opening schools (or anything) without exploding the number of cases, by the way, is universal masking.

Here, you can breath again.

So people should continue to wear masks. You an I agree on that.
Masks work SO well. Look at California! They've stopped the spread and kids are back in school!

Florida is crazy. People living their lives, kids in schools, no mandatory masking, and cases are EXPLODING!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The jury’s still out on vaccines and spread. The big unknown is obviously human behavior - if people are more likely to go buck wild and start interacting with all sorts of people after a vaccine that they weren’t interacting with before a vaccine, that can change the calculus, especially if they’re asymptomatic carriers. Don’t leave your vaccine dose visit to finally go visit grandma in the nursing home.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The jury’s still out on vaccines and spread. The big unknown is obviously human behavior - if people are more likely to go buck wild and start interacting with all sorts of people after a vaccine that they weren’t interacting with before a vaccine, that can change the calculus, especially if they’re asymptomatic carriers. Don’t leave your vaccine dose visit to finally go visit grandma in the nursing home.
No, don’t leave your vaccine appointment to see grandma, it takes a week or so to develop immunity.

What hasn’t been studied is whether vaccinated people can spread the virus. What has been studied is asymptomatic spread, and it generally isn’t a threat. It’s very unlikely these vaccines differ from other vaccines and vaccinated people will transmit the virus. The messaging here while factually correct is intentionally misleading because it would be impossible to know who can ditch their face diaper and who can’t. Just like Fauci lied about masks being useful or useless, and about herd immunity threshold.

Making policy decisions based on a theoretical possibility is dumb as hell, but soon we will have real data about transmission by vaccinated individuals. Spoiler alert: it’s not a legitimate threat.

SlickAg

pilot
No, don’t leave your vaccine appointment to see grandma, it takes a week or so to develop immunity.

What hasn’t been studied is whether vaccinated people can spread the virus. What has been studied is asymptomatic spread, and it generally isn’t a threat. It’s very unlikely these vaccines differ from other vaccines and vaccinated people will transmit the virus. The messaging here while factually correct is intentionally misleading because it would be impossible to know who can ditch their face diaper and who can’t. Just like Fauci lied about masks being useful or useless, and about herd immunity threshold.

Making policy decisions based on a theoretical possibility is dumb as hell, but soon we will have real data about transmission by vaccinated individuals. Spoiler alert: it’s not a legitimate threat.
The other part of the conversation that doesn't get talked about is the PCR test and viral loading. Not all positives are the same. The asymptomatic positive at 45 cycles is much different than the positive patient at a much lower cycle threshold with several associated symptoms.

The article below is another example of how terrible messaging surrounding the virus and its risk has been. Someone who tested positive in December (and survived) is getting the vaccine in January? This makes almost zero rational sense, unless his employer was requiring it or strongly suggesting he get it.

What we need immediately is common sense messaging that emphasizes risk stratification and common sense vaccination priority. The door was WIDE open for the President and his team to immediately step up to the plate and show some leadership, but all we got was a pronouncement that we are unable to change the trajectory of the virus. I don't know if the plan was to undersell and overdeliver, but geez. I hope this, along with all the other immediate policy changes, changes the perspective of those who've previously had the wool pulled over their eyes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/patient-dies-placer-county-receiving-021323937.html

SlickAg

pilot
This dropped about 3 weeks ago without much fanfare from the mainstream media. Turns out that it is very like that the cure will be worse than the disease. Surprised that the coronabros haven’t been playing lately. I’d love to get their take on this.

SlickAg

pilot
And in the latest turn of events, two masks are officially better than one. If masks are so effective, why haven’t we been doing this all along? People have needlessly died because the tried and true statement that “two is better than one” wasn’t used? Follow the science!

SlickAg

pilot
Why stop at two?
I’m trying to remember, we went from a little white lie about not needing to wear masks if we weren’t sick because we were concerned about the national mask supply, to needing to wear a mask, ANY mask, and now we need to wear TWO masks.

Not to mention the literal moving of the goalposts about his opinion of where the Herd Immunity Threshold lies.

If he were my doctor, I’d stop seeing him due to his seeming inability to tell me the truth.

Again, I’m wondering when the Coronabro faithful will begin to wonder about all of this.

Sidenote, seems strange that Governor Newsom is relaxing restrictions even though the cases in his state haven’t gone down significantly. Odd that his new stance would come along at the very time that his political future is starting to look tenuous. It’s almost as though lockdowns are purely political at this point...