• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
Interesting that this was released about an hour after the inauguration. Now they’ll lower the cycle threshold for a positive test and cases will start to fall. I’m sure it won’t be sold as “the masks are (finally) working! It’s because American rejoined the WHO and believes in science again!”

Yes, it says 13 January but that’s the date it was written; it was put on the WHO website yesterday.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Interesting that this was released about an hour after the inauguration. Now they’ll lower the cycle threshold for a positive test and cases will start to fall. I’m sure it won’t be sold as “the masks are (finally) working! It’s because American rejoined the WHO and believes in science again!”

Yes, it says 13 January but that’s the date it was written; it was put on the WHO website yesterday.
All part of the carefully crafted narrative . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

All part of the carefully crafted narrative . . .

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Hmmm...

I'm no expert, but I don't see anything in the WHO notice above that indicates the "COVID-19 positive" PCR threshold is changing. It honestly just looks like a reminder to follow existing guidance to me.

I'm also not sure why a world organization the US distanced itself from would care to move those goalposts- worldwide- in response to the US presidential inauguration (assuming that's the argument), but I could be missing something.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Got dose #2 this morning after work. The hangover feeling came on a lot faster this time, although I've been flying until 0100 or 0200 in the morning the last few nights, so I know I'm more tired this time. But maybe if I feel it today, it will be gone tomorrow? We can only hope.

SlickAg

pilot
Hmmm...

I'm no expert, but I don't see anything in the WHO notice above that indicates the "COVID-19 positive" PCR threshold is changing. It honestly just looks like a reminder to follow existing guidance to me.

I'm also not sure why a world organization the US distanced itself from would care to move those goalposts- worldwide- in response to the US presidential inauguration (assuming that's the argument), but I could be missing something.
I’d encourage you to read again the part where it talks about disease prevalence and what factors should be taken into account for a diagnosis of covid (e.g. NOT just a positive PCR test).

The reason why the WHO is reiterating this is that there is no universal guideline for what is considered a “positive” test result. Since the WHO doesn’t have the authority to dictate that, they are trying to remind medical personnel that there’s more to it than just the test itself.

“WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-21). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity.

Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information.”

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Considering that many of everyone’s beefs against prominent Republicans lately has been “optics”...I don’t find interesting that you wouldn’t agree that the optics of this seem a bit off.

I find it interesting that you think the folks at WHO who released that gave two shits when the Inauguration was, the world doesn't revolve around us here in the US.

SlickAg

pilot
I find it interesting that you think the folks at WHO who released that gave two shits when the Inauguration was, the world doesn't revolve around us here in the US.
You’re absolutely correct. The inauguration went largely unnoticed around the world.

SlickAg

pilot
Cue the “nothing this article says is true because it’s from Zero Hedge so I’m not even going to read it!” comments from Team Coronabro.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Can’t celebrate Thanksgiving, can’t celebrate Christmas, can’t even celebrate someone’s life in the form of a funeral. But we can celebrate an inauguration? She said the President signed the mask mandate to send a message to the American people...but then he doesn’t set the example himself?

I see Biden’s press secretary is also not wearing a mask on federal property.

I love the do as I say not as I do. Starting on day one. If this had been the Trump administration, the leftie mainstream media would be shouting from the roof tops.

At least Biden is starting to rebuild the COVID ravaged economy....

Last edited:

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I think we may slip through the cracks on this one. Although we do lease from Jacksonville Port Authority and the city.

(i) “Federal employees” and “Federal contractors” mean employees (including members of the Armed Forces and members of the National Guard in Federal service title 10?) and contractors (including such contractors’ employees) working for the executive branch;

(ii) “Federal buildings” means buildings, or office space within buildings, owned, rented, or leased by the executive branch of which a substantial portion of occupants are Federal employees or Federal contractors; and

I wonder if masks will be required in your car driving on military bases? Outside of buildings on a military base?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You’re absolutely correct. The inauguration went largely unnoticed around the world.

And the world stood still, waiting with bated breath...except the WHO, and the other folks in on the 'rona conspiracy.

Cue the “nothing this article says is true because it’s from Zero Hedge so I’m not even going to read it!” comments from Team Coronabro.

Since it is a Russian (sorry, Bulgarian) propaganda front, pretty much.