• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

jackjack

Just an update to the couple of people that are concern for the welfare of Victoria, Australia. After a few weeks of messing around the government has finally decided to put in place a proper containment and lockdown.

There is a curfew from 8 p.m. and Citizens are allowed to travel within 5 kilometres of their home for 3 approved reasons and allowed to travel to essential jobs.

You will be able to follow in real-time the effectiveness of this over the next few weeks.

SlickAg

pilot
Just an update to the couple of people that are concern for the welfare of Victoria, Australia. After a few weeks of messing around the government has finally decided to put in place a proper containment and lockdown.

There is a curfew from 8 p.m. and Citizens are allowed to travel within 5 kilometres of their home for 3 approved reasons and allowed to travel to essential jobs.

You will be able to follow in real-time the effectiveness of this over the next few weeks.
Sounds like it’s going well.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I disagree. Union leadership takes many actions without consulting their membership. Very few things actually take member ratification. Memberships recourse is to organize a recall vote and replace the leadership (or wait until the next election). That takes a lot of time, effort and enthusiasm from the membership. Most of the membership is too lazy and just assumes that leadership has more information than they do.

I've been in 2 unions not including ALPA in my lifetime including the Teamsters working at the shipping terminal in Norfolk during college (won't say Longshoreman as I was more of a gopher laborer - go here, carry that, unload this - without any equipment operating but still a full voting union member with my union card.) The third union was the Culinary Workers Union which was the most corrupt organization I've ever seen and gave absolutely zero shits about what the members actually wanted. The CWU is everything that anti-union people hate about unions and is disgrace to any professional union.
Spot on based on my 16 years with ALPA

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Fair enough, but in this case I know for a fact that unions in several districts in the NE have taken surveys. The verdict is most teachers want to do remote learning.
I see a lot of the teachers in my town (Pop about 12k) in the gym each and every day. I’m gonna raise the bullshit card. They ain’t scared of the virus. This is about getting paid to not go into work!

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
You should ask those teachers next time you see them. Curious about the answer.
I know them personally and have for 5-15 years (Depending on which teacher) [I moved here when pop was closer to 4k]. A couple give me the Ensign salute. The principle says it’s bullshit. And the couple others are like “you would if you could; wouldn’t you?”. My wife is a spin instructor at the YMCA and another local gym and she has several fellow trainers that are delaying as long as they can to come back because “I make more on unemployment”. One is even teaching for free so she can stay off the books. This ain’t about Covid... And for the school board, I think everything coming out of them is the fear of a law suit.

SlickAg

pilot
I know them personally and have for 5-15 years (Depending on which teacher) [I moved here when pop was closer to 4k]. A couple give me the Ensign salute. The principle says it’s bullshit. And the couple others are like “you would if you could; wouldn’t you?”. My wife is a spin instructor at the YMCA and another local gym and she has several fellow trainers that are delaying as long as they can to come back because “I make more on unemployment”. One is even teaching for free so she can stay off the books. This ain’t about Covid... And for the school board, I think everything coming out of them is the fear of a law suit.
One of our spin teachers works for the school district; she and everyone else we know from our gym who are teachers are 100% in favor of in-person education.

Texas is a right to work state; the only thing stopping in-person education from happening is our Democrat county judge unilaterally shutting down ALL school districts in the county. (Most populous county in Texas/Third most populous county in the US). Our district had a plan that was ready to go, and teachers were ready to get back to it.

So yeah, you can’t tell me this isn’t political when elected officials are the ones shutting it against the advice of the district superintendent (not to mention the multitude of experts who agree our children need to get back to school).

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I love how the science has changed in three weeks.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

I mean, it could be worse right? Could be a prisoner in your own home in Melbourne.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

Where is the rest of that clip?

Spot on based on my 16 years with ALPA
If it makes anyone feel better, I don't think the OO Student Council really gives many fucks about us, either.