• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

exNavyOffRec

Nah, there are crazies who subscribe to both extremes of youtube science. I don't think it's narrowed down to one group or the other.

There's probably more to those videos that we see that happened before the cameras started rolling too.

It's a big patchwork where there are or are not required around Pensacola or how you might define "required" as an ordinance in an incorporated city or just sign by the door to the store.

Then again, it's not unheard of around here to see a shirtless guy in a grocery store. Sometimes it's out of spite and sometimes that includes politics; sometimes it's out of stupidity.

I am in blue state, living in a red town (sounds like the start of a country song), in most cases everyone is wearing a mask, even when driving.......... there are the ones who are not that I would describe as the very rural people, the other ones who are not that stand out to me are young African American boys/men

SlickAg

pilot
Nah, there are crazies who subscribe to both extremes of youtube science. I don't think it's narrowed down to one group or the other.

There's probably more to those videos that we see that happened before the cameras started rolling too.

It's a big patchwork where there are or are not required around Pensacola- or how you even define "required" as an ordinance (in an incorporated city) or just sign by the door to the store.

Then again, it's not unheard of around here to see a shirtless guy in a grocery store. Sometimes it's out of spite and sometimes that includes politics; sometimes it's out of stupidity.
My grocery store doesn’t let you in if you don’t have a mask on. If you don’t have one they say “here you go” and your choice is to put it on or leave. Everyone pretty much has their own so hasn’t been an issue. And no one takes it down once they’re inside either.

Again, the mask ordinances are for public areas; if a private store or business says you have to wear one, that’s their choice and your ability to enter isn’t a right.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Here he gives examples. But you'd have to be stupid not to know in advance what they are.

At least that article didn’t parrot the outright lie that the hospitals were “overwhelmed” like the last one. Nice little racial jab at the end though, without any context to why or why it matters.

SlickAg

pilot
Here he gives examples. But you'd have to be stupid not to know in advance what they are.

Interesting that the pictures in that article are from April and June.

Same sky is falling picture that’s been presented by the media all along. Interesting that they didn’t mention the rapidly falling ICU/hospitalization rates at all too. But of course, that wasn’t the point of the article.

taxi1

pilot
At least that article didn’t parrot the outright lie that the hospitals were “overwhelmed”

Is your unit ever on the verge of being overwhelmed?

Every day. I mean, it's been crazy. The last few weeks have been way overwhelmed. What I mean by that is that I may have the beds, but I don't have the staff.

SlickAg

pilot

Is your unit ever on the verge of being overwhelmed?

Every day. I mean, it's been crazy. The last few weeks have been way overwhelmed. What I mean by that is that I may have the beds, but I don't have the staff.
That hospital has 97 beds. It’s one of the smaller hospitals in Houston, and also not rated very well for that matter. I could understand how covid on top of their normal caseload could present issues. If this were truly an objective article, it would’ve discussed ALL of the hospitals in the area, and not just the one where they got the CMO on the record saying he and his staff were overwhelmed.

If they were truly overwhelmed, they should’ve gone on bypass and sent the patients to TMC instead, which had plenty of bed space.

But you seem to not grasp that just because ONE hospital is having issues, that doesn’t mean ALL of them in the Houston Metropolitan and Southeast Texas area are overwhelmed.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
My grocery store doesn’t let you in if you don’t have a mask on. If you don’t have one they say “here you go” and your choice is to put it on or leave. Everyone pretty much has their own so hasn’t been an issue. And no one takes it down once they’re inside either.

Again, the mask ordinances are for public areas; if a private store or business says you have to wear one, that’s their choice and your ability to enter isn’t a right.

Try getting into our local Home Depot, they have a security guard posted up at the entrance...no mask, no entry

SlickAg

pilot
Here’s a daily look at the Texas Med Center’s covid situation. Cases are dropping significantly, ICU utilization is back in phase 1 (never got closer than 13 days away from going to phase 3), and hospitalizations continue to drop.

So despite whatever articles @taxi1 has found saying the opposite, at least one of the following things is true, or perhaps a combination:

1. people in the Houston area are in fact wearing their masks and social distancing, as evidenced by the decline in hospitalizations and ICU usage.

2. The hospitalization and ICU usage drops in Houston have nothing to do with Non-pharmaceutical Interventions and this was going to happen sooner or later based on time.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Went to Sam's Club this morning. For the first time they have real uniformed security at the entrance. He isn't checking membership cards so one can only assume.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Here’s a daily look at the Texas Med Center’s covid situation. Cases are dropping significantly, ICU utilization is back in phase 1 (never got closer than 13 days away from going to phase 3), and hospitalizations continue to drop.

So despite whatever articles @taxi1 has found saying the opposite, at least one of the following things is true, or perhaps a combination:

1. people in the Houston area are in fact wearing their masks and social distancing, as evidenced by the decline in hospitalizations and ICU usage.

2. The hospitalization and ICU usage drops in Houston have nothing to do with Non-pharmaceutical Interventions and this was going to happen sooner or later based on time.

Now do Japan

taxi1

pilot
1. people in the Houston area are in fact wearing their masks and social distancing
That must be why they announced this, because everyone is so compliant there.

UPDATE | August 3, 2020, 6:15 p.m.: Mask up or pay up in Houston.

Mayor Sylvester Turner has directed police to issue citations carrying $250 fines for anyone not wearing a face mask or facial covering as required by the state’s mandatory mask order.