• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No one can really "call it what you want". If you call it anything but an insurrection or attempted coup or assault on the Constitution or any other loaded extreme description, you are accused of giving the rioters a pass or making excuses for them. No in between. You suggested excuse making above. Other than that, agree with the rest of your post.

I was trying to point out that whatever folks called it serious crimes were committed that day, no matter how folks try and excuse the criminal actions of hundreds charged so far. I think several posts here prove that pretty well.

As for your claim about folks "giving the rioters a pass or making excuses for them", I think several posters here prove that point.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No Flash, there were there were minor trespassing crimes committed that day, no insurrection, no Trump conspiracy, the FBI is being forced to admit publicly, this was not what the MSM tried to hype it up to be. Were there knuckleheads who did stupid things? Sure, but there were also a whole bunch of American Patriots that were trying to send a message to their elected representatives that have become increasing disenfranchised with their government. Don’t believe me? Look at the charges being levied against those taken into custody. Your emotional hyperbole does not match the facts.

Trespassing crimes were committed that day but you forgot to mention all of the other charges folks are facing for their actions that day, and there are a few more charges than just trespassing. I have looked at charges, here is the official listing for them. It isn't just a few that are facing the more serious charges, as of June roughly 1/5th of all those charged are accused of committing acts of violence and the number has only climbed since then (615 people charged from what I last saw).

Some of the charges include:

- Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers
  • Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon
  • Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
  • Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
  • Unlawful Possession of a Firearm on Capitol Grounds or Buildings
  • Theft of Government Property
  • Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
  • Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds or Buildings
  • Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting
  • Conspiracy

If you want actual proof you can take the time to watch some of the videos here, they show a little bit more than 'minor trespassing'.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Trespassing crimes were committed that day but you forgot to mention all of the other charges folks are facing for their actions that day, and there are a few more charges than just trespassing. I have looked at charges, here is the official listing for them. It isn't just a few that are facing the more serious charges, as of June roughly 1/5th of all those charged are accused of committing acts of violence and the number has only climbed since then (615 people charged from what I last saw).

Some of the charges include:

- Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers
  • Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon
  • Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
  • Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
  • Unlawful Possession of a Firearm on Capitol Grounds or Buildings
  • Theft of Government Property
  • Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
  • Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds or Buildings
  • Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting
  • Conspiracy
If you want actual proof you can take the time to watch some of the videos here, they show a little bit more than 'minor trespassing'.
Yeah, that’s some real “Insurrectionist” stuff right there, no weapons, minor “charges” (so far), and really, if you want to compare actions, nothing compared to the nonsense committed by Antifa and BLM. Again, what the DOJ and FBI has said, and is doing, doesn’t match your rhetoric. I will be watching closely, to see what actual high crimes, misdemeanors and insurrectionist crimes make their way to an actial courtroom and yield a conviction.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No Flash, there were minor trespassing crimes committed that day,
A police officer was beaten to death, dozens of others were injured. One of them had an eye gouged out. We all watched the coverage of the violence. How does it feel to slip slowly into complete insanity, Rob?

robav8r

None
Contributor
A police officer was beaten to death, dozens of others were injured. One of them had an eye gouged out. We all watched the coverage of the violence. How does it feel to slip slowly into complete insanity, Rob?
What officer Brett? Name, cause of death and who is being charged with his death. Specifics, right now . . . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right now? Like, if I’m not prompt, there will be serious consequences? Drama? Violence? Do tell!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am not sure legally what "minor trespassing" is. I have never heard of it. But if there was, I imagine high school students loitering at the Circle K and not leaving when asked. Nothing minor about what happened at the Capitol. I know you would not call what has occurred in Portland and Seattle minor.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Right now? Like, if I’m not prompt, there will be serious consequences? Drama? Violence? Do tell!
? OK, that was funny. But !!!, where are the legal actions from DOJ and FBI that back up your assertions? Why hasn’t the AG paraded the murder suspect in front of the MSM? I agree there were some stupid people that did some stupid things.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I am not sure legally what "minor trespassing" is. I have never heard of it. But if there was, I imagine high school students loitering at the Circle K and not leaving when asked. Nothing minor about what happened at the Capitol. I know you would not call what has occurred in Portland and Seattle minor.
The DOJ and FBI are not acting, or charging individuals, in a manner that supports this insurrectionist narrative. An AG, DOJ, and FBI that is very liberal and supportive of the current administration I might add.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
? OK, that was funny. But !!!, where are the legal actions from DOJ and FBI that back up your assertions? Why hasn’t the AG paraded the murder suspect in front of the MSM? I agree there were some stupid people that did some stupid things.
We watched him being beaten on TV. I’m a little confused by your various posts. In some of them, you say that there were just trespassers, and in others, you say stupid people did stupid things (assault of multiple LEOs, and murdering an LEO (Blue Lives Matter)). Whether USAO DC has charged anyone in that crime yet isn’t particularly relevant, and I’m genuinely interested in how you write this crime off, given what we all witnessed, and the fact that a federal LEO was murdered. Think about how far you’ve come in your thinking, when you can casually dismiss the murder of a federal LEO. Please tell me that you have a rational explanation for this. Dozens of LEOs injured, some permanently disabled... eyes gouged out... can you imagine how it would feel to have someone’s thumb pushEd into your eye so hard that it just implodes, emptying the fluid on the ground? Please tell me that you empathize with these police officers, helpless to defend themselves from the angry mob? Please tell me, Rob, that you’ve retained a shred of your humanity. For the love of God.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The DOJ and FBI are not acting, or charging individuals, in a manner that supports this insurrectionist narrative. An AG, DOJ, and FBI that is very liberal and supportive of the current administration I might add.
Why is the FBI “very liberal?” Please provide examples, and show your work.