• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
We watched him being beaten on TV. I’m a little confused by your various posts. In some of them, you say that there were just trespassers, and in others, you say stupid people did stupid things (assault of multiple LEOs, and murdering an LEO (Blue Lives Matter)). Whether USAO DC has charged anyone in that crime yet isn’t particularly relevant, and I’m genuinely interested in how you write this crime off, given what we all witnessed, and the fact that a federal LEO was murdered. Think about how far you’ve come in your thinking, when you can casually dismiss the murder of a federal LEO. Please tell me that you have a rational explanation for this. Dozens of LEOs injured, some permanently disabled... eyes gouged out... can you imagine how it would feel to have someone’s thumb pushed into your eye so hard that it just implodes, emptying the fluid on the ground? Please tell me that you empathize with these police officers, helpless to defend themselves from the angry mob? Please tell me, Rob, that you’ve retained a shred of your humanity. For the love of God.
Not saying some bad people didn't do bad things on Jan 6, but your argument smacks of partisan regurgitation of the MSM. Which officer was murdered on Jan 6th?

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, who engaged rioters, suffered two strokes and died of natural causes, officials say - The Washington Post

Capitol riot deaths: Cause of death released for 4 of 5 (not Sicknick) (usatoday.com)

You're a well educated person, how about leaving out the BS and lose the strawmen. You say he was murdered, as if it were a fact. I am not trying to be an ass, but googling "Who was murdered on Jan 6?" gave me the links above. What else is BS in your post?

FYI: It is possible to empathize with the police while also attempting to understand the rioters.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Over 13,000 of them have been arrested.

I’m not saying they weren’t arrested or not prosecuted.

I’m asking where is these acknowledgment that these riots were on a far greater scale than the January 6th riot, were planned and organized, were more violent, caused a lot more injuries to police, damaged a lot more property, were directed against all levels of government, and met the definition of a resurrection. Yet there is no where near the indignation, accusation and outcry.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I’m asking where is these acknowledgment that these riots were on a far greater scale than the January 6th riot, were planned and organized, were more violent, caused a lot more injuries to police, damaged a lot more property, were directed against all levels of government, and met the definition of a resurrection. Yet there is no where near the indignation, accusation and outcry.
They're both wrong, but I think that the DC riots get more attention because it happened in our nation's capital and involved the evacuation of Congress.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
They're both wrong, but I think that the DC riots get more attention because it happened in our nation's capital and involved the evacuation of Congress.

So did many of the BLM riots. But they were just another protest and Trump overreaction according to the lefties.

Seattle riots caused an evacuation of a large portion of downtown and the evacuation lasted weeks not hours. But just another prostest according to the lefties.

1 day versus months. Where’s the congressional hearings on the months of “protests” / riots. Where’s the funding for increased security? The lefties just defund the police instead.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
So did many of the BLM riots. But they were just another protest and Trump overreaction according to the lefties.

Seattle riots caused an evacuation of a large portion of downtown and the evacuation lasted weeks not hours. But just another prostest according to the lefties.

1 day versus months. Where’s the congressional hearings on the months of “protests” / riots. Where’s the funding for increased security? The lefties just defund the police instead.
Being critical of the DC riots doesn't imply favoring BLM riots. It's possible to be critical of both; the latter just wasn't the topic of conversation until you just brought it up.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Did spellcheck capitalize God or did you?
Feel free to resurrect the atheism thread which happens to have “UFO” in the title but is really just an atheism thread for people who don’t like talking about UFOs… er, UAPs… er, waterfowl.
duck_0311148819.jpg

@mad dog looking forward to seeing your hallmark word bubble photoshop work on this waterfowler.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not saying some bad people didn't do bad things on Jan 6, but your argument smacks of partisan regurgitation of the MSM. Which officer was murdered on Jan 6th?

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, who engaged rioters, suffered two strokes and died of natural causes, officials say - The Washington Post

Capitol riot deaths: Cause of death released for 4 of 5 (not Sicknick) (usatoday.com)

You're a well educated person, how about leaving out the BS and lose the strawmen. You say he was murdered, as if it were a fact. I am not trying to be an ass, but googling "Who was murdered on Jan 6?" gave me the links above. What else is BS in your post?

FYI: It is possible to empathize with the police while also attempting to understand the rioters.
Are you suggesting that he had a spontaneous stroke, unconnected to the fact that he was being beaten by a mob? Can we settle on homicide? While we quibble over the precise legal terminology, a LEO is dead because of the actions of a violent mob, who we all watch beat him on live TV.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Are you suggesting that he had a spontaneous stroke, unconnected to the fact that he was being beaten by a mob? Can we settle on homicide? While we quibble over the precise legal terminology, a LEO is dead because of the actions of a violent mob, who we all watch beat him on live TV.
What did the medical examiner say? Weird you like to jump to conclusions when you like the conclusions. Is @nodropinufaka your troll account? You’re sounding like him.

nodropinufaka

What did the medical examiner say? Weird you like to jump to conclusions when you like the conclusions. Is @nodropinufaka your troll account? You’re sounding like him.

Whoa. I’m a legit person and I am not a troll.

Why this thread so political. BLM rioters and the insurrection rioters can all be bad. No need to pick sides

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whoa. I’m a legit person and I am not a troll.

Why this thread so political. BLM rioters and the insurrection rioters can all be bad. No need to pick sides
You seem to be responding to the wrong post… alternately, congratulations on winning this week’s award for excellence in non-sequitur posting.