• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DNI Urged to Update Security Clearance Guidelines (Homeland Preparedness News, 2/11/21)

U.S. Reps. Jennifer Wexton (D-VA) and Jackie Speier (D-CA) are urging Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines to adopt new security clearance guidelines to prevent individuals involved in extremist groups from accessing classified information. Specifically, Wexton and Speier are asking the DNI to update current guidelines to directly screen for threats from white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and other far-right extremists.

Currently, individuals are not explicitly required to self-report involvement with extremist groups unless the organization professes to be a terrorist organization, seeks to overthrow the United States government, or uses violence. “The ability of an individual to safeguard United States national security comes with a promise that they will protect all Americans and uphold our nation’s values,” Wexton and Speier wrote in a letter to Haines. “That ability is in doubt if there is reason to believe the individual supports or participates in activities that embrace hate, violent political ideologies, and far-right extremism.”
This is dumb. Nobody is going to self report something that is already grounds for ADSEP. I did a PR background interview for one of my staff just a couple weeks ago and they already ask you about being a member of a group that wants to overthrow the USG. This falls into the "we're already doing what you think we ought to do" category, which tells me that these two Congresswomen's staffs haven't done their homework.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is dumb. Nobody is going to self report something that is already grounds for ADSEP. I did a PR background interview for one of my staff just a couple weeks ago and they already ask you about being a member of a group that wants to overthrow the USG. This falls into the "we're already doing what you think we ought to do" category, which tells me that these two Congresswomen's staffs haven't done their homework.
Can confirm . . . re-upped my clearance and was interviewed for a fellow SELRES re-upping his in the past couple of years. They already screen for this, so this idea is a nothingburger.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
which tells me that these two Congresswomen's staffs haven't done their homework.
100% this is dumb and I agree with you, except on the point of homework. It could definitely be lack of homework, but it could also be political points to say "look we did something." The vast majority of voters and talking heads have no idea that DNI is already doing the thing they need to do, so this looks good in a headline. You know, like fitrep bullets, but for politicians! ?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
100% this is dumb and I agree with you, except on the point of homework. It could definitely be lack of homework, but it could also be political points to say "look we did something." The vast majority of voters and talking heads have no idea that DNI is already doing the thing they need to do, so this looks good in a headline. You know, like fitrep bullets, but for politicians! ?
Beltway Logic 101: We have to do something. This is something. Therefore, we have to do it!

To quote an old @nittany03 family saying: "Politicians have two ends: a sitting end and a thinking end. Since their livelihood depends on their seat, why bother with the other, friend?"

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Beltway Logic 101: We have to do something. This is something. Therefore, we have to do it!

To quote an old @nittany03 family saying: "Politicians have two ends: a sitting end and a thinking end. Since their livelihood depends on their seat, why bother with the other, friend?"

Mexico is not sending their best...

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Who wants to tell Congress that Antifa/BLM also fall in the category of extremist groups that have committed violence, arson, and destruction of federal property? And therefore, if you donated to Antifa or BLM, you’ve funded extremist activities.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Who wants to tell Congress that Antifa/BLM also fall in the category of extremist groups that have committed violence, arson, and destruction of federal property? And therefore, if you donated to Antifa or BLM, you’ve funded extremist activities.
Get with the program! They’re far left extremists so they’re okay....

“Specifically, Wexton and Speier are asking the DNI to update current guidelines to directly screen for threats from white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and other far-right extremists.”

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

taxi1

pilot
didn't have an organized plan for the stupidity
Neither do these guys, but still dangerous

p030zwtv.jpg