• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Consequences for Veterans and/or retirees in the 2021 DC Riots

robav8r

None
Contributor
We watched him being beaten on TV. I’m a little confused by your various posts. In some of them, you say that there were just trespassers, and in others, you say stupid people did stupid things (assault of multiple LEOs, and murdering an LEO (Blue Lives Matter)). Whether USAO DC has charged anyone in that crime yet isn’t particularly relevant, and I’m genuinely interested in how you write this crime off, given what we all witnessed, and the fact that a federal LEO was murdered. Think about how far you’ve come in your thinking, when you can casually dismiss the murder of a federal LEO. Please tell me that you have a rational explanation for this. Dozens of LEOs injured, some permanently disabled... eyes gouged out... can you imagine how it would feel to have someone’s thumb pushEd into your eye so hard that it just implodes, emptying the fluid on the ground? Please tell me that you empathize with these police officers, helpless to defend themselves from the angry mob? Please tell me, Rob, that you’ve retained a shred of your humanity. For the love of God.
Despite your emotional diatribe above, Jan 6th was over 7 months ago. Where are the charges and crimes, other than the very minor ones that have transpired so far? Please provide a link or YouTube video or something that shows the Capital Police, FBI, DOJ, DC Police Dept have substantive evidence and suspects that “disabled, gouged out eyes, murdered” the LEO’s you referenced. The current AG and his DOJ would have a field day, publically, if what you say is true. You are being a mouth piece for the left wing narrative. Certainly your right, but we both know, based on current DOJ/FBI actions, this is a big nothing burger.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Despite your emotional diatribe above, Jan 6th was over 7 months ago. Where are the charges and crimes, other than the very minor ones that have transpired so far? Please provide a link or YouTube video or something that shows the Capital Police, FBI, DOJ, DC Police Dept have substantive evidence and suspects that “disabled, gouged out eyes, murdered” the LEO’s you referenced. The current AG and his DOJ would have a field day, publically, if what you say is true. You are being a mouth piece for the left wing narrative. Certainly your right, but we both know, based on current DOJ/FBI actions, this is a big nothing burger.
Aww, you didn’t answer any of my questions. ☹️

robav8r

None
Contributor
Aww, you didn’t answer any of my questions. ☹
@Brett327 I know we disagree on this, but honestly, where are the LE actions that support what you believe happened? They are starting to release suspects that were taken into custody and held after the Jan 6th event. Why? Where is the perp walk by DOJ for the murder suspect, eye gouging suspect, everything else suspect. The reality on the ground in DC does not match the Jan 6th Insurrection narrative, that’s all I’m saying . . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Where are the legal and law enforcement actions that have responded to your assertions?
I watched the officer’s eye get gouged on TV, and the perp’s face being ID’d. I mean, the eye gouging is a matter of fact. You can go ask the officer, who is now blind in one eye. Whether or not you are personally aware of what prosecutors have in support of a case against the perp is not particularly compelling. You’re excusing an assault on an LEO? Really?

robav8r

None
Contributor
I watched the officer’s eye get gouged on TV, and the perp’s face being ID’d. I mean, the eye gouging is a matter of fact. You can go ask the officer, who is now blind in one eye. Whether or not you are personally aware of what prosecutors have in support of a case against the perp is not particularly compelling. You’re excusing an assault on an LEO? Really?
Don’t be obtuse, I am not, by any means, excusing crimes against anyone, especially a law enforcement officer. But for such a graphic and horrific crime according to your account, where is the corresponding LE activity?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don’t be obtuse, I am not, by any means, excusing crimes against anyone, especially a law enforcement officer. But for such a graphic and horrific crime according to your account, where is the corresponding LE activity?
Why would you presume that it would be public? They always go after the little guys first. Come on, Rob. You’re smarter than that. Why are you so determined to discount this kind of criminal activity? You’re going out of your way to create excuses, or find loopholes. It seems contrary to your espoused law and order ethos. How can you ever claim to be a proponent of law enforcement if you can’t support the LEOs who were brutalized during this event?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Why would you presume that it would be public? They always go after the little guys first. Come on, Rob. You’re smarter than that. Why are you so determined to discount this kind of criminal activity? You’re going out of your way to create excuses, or find loopholes. It seems contrary to your espoused law and order ethos. How can you ever claim to be a proponent of law enforcement if you can’t support the LEOs who were brutalized during this event?
We’re going to find out, together. I’m looking forward to it . . .

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Here is a hypothetical question......say the election had turned the other way, and a Biden mob did the same thing. Would you all still be minimizing the seriousness of trying to overturn an election? Do you think that is not a distinct possibility in 2024, given the precedent that Jan 6th set? That is what people have a fucking problem with.....not politics, not specific criminal charges, not whether or not it was an "organized" conspiracy.....I don't want to wake up one day and find out that there will be no more elections in this great nation. I don't disagree that politicians are increasingly out of touch, but that isn't partisan, and this isn't the way to address that. Much like firebombing federal courthouses and private businesses is not the way to address racism. Take a step back from mainlining politics and recognize what this means for the future of our democracy. Just because one side did it first doesn't mean the other side (which is currently in control of all 3 branches of govt.) hasn't taken notes. In this politically fueled tit-for-tat world we have, this is all bad news, no matter who you are.

I respect all you guys, and your differing opinions too. But this is a hard, red line for me. One that goes way beyond political or ideological interests.

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
@Brett327 and @Flash

Police officers were attacked and injured in Seattle, Portland, Washington DC and else where by BLM, ANTIFA and the leftie rioters last. BLM rioters broke into and damaged federal, state and local government buildings. They burned down a police building and destroyed police and government vehicles. They attacked and injured innocent bystanders while destroying their property. They even declared themselves to be an independent nation with their own laws in Seattle. And they were organized with preplanning of events and riots. They said multiple times they wanted to change (overthrow) government, ignore laws and take control.

They were insurrectionist by every definition of the term. They were at it for months not a single day. Where is your condemnation of them?

taxi1

pilot
@Brett327 and @Flash

Seattle, Portland, Washington DC and else where by BLM, ANTIFA and the leftie rioters last.
Over 13,000 of them have been arrested.