• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I still be selected for OCS regardless of background

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Since you are very devoted Christian, please show me a scripture in the Bible where Jesus Christ instructs us not to share our faith in secular conversations. And BTW, I do not mind the critism, Jesus got plenty of it himself.

Problem is, this isn't the thread for it. You started off on a tangent when the post was clearly not intended to be religious in nature. Go have a beer, get laid, whatever, then at least try to give some sort of non-babble, informative, helpful post. Good luck with that.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Since you are very devoted Christian, please show me a scripture in the Bible where Jesus Christ instructs us not to share our faith in secular conversations. And BTW, I do not mind the critism, Jesus got plenty of it himself.
If you try to say stuff like this in your everyday conversations in the Navy, especially to the people that work for you, you will quickly find yourself in hot water. Separation of church and state, etc. If you have a problem being secular in your work, then you best consider finding a different career goal.

I would say most of us on this board believe in God. But this is not the time and place to preach. If you continue to preach, I will "smite" you permanently and you will not be able to access this site. Your choice.

NAVOFF

Problem is, this isn't the thread for it. You started off on a tangent when the post was clearly not intended to be religious in nature. Go have a beer, get laid, whatever, then at least try to give some sort of non-babble, informative, helpful post. Good luck with that.

Hey that okay. All I was trying to say is that it does not matter if this person got a DUI and some other charges. I mean surely he does have to pay for them. But if God willed this person to be in the Navy as an officer, then he will be. Look, sin is sin, it does not matter if you stole a candy or killed a person. When we die, we will be judged the same. But we have different conseqeunces on earth. I was just trying to bring some encourgment to this person that with God, all this are possible. And this is for the nuge- Jesus commanded us to go to all the nations to spread the Gospels, not to wait for the nations to come to us. And for the thing where Jesus did not say anything until asked, well read Matthew 4 beginning with verse 17.

NAVOFF

If you try to say stuff like this in your everyday conversations in the Navy, especially to the people that work for you, you will quickly find yourself in hot water. Separation of church and state, etc. If you have a problem being secular in your work, then you best consider finding a different career goal.

I would say most of us on this board believe in God. But this is not the time and place to preach. If you continue to preach, I will "smite" you permanently and you will not be able to access this site. Your choice.

UMMM. So we could go ahead and express our anger on here and put little satans and little abbreviations that means curse words, but to spread encouragement and love is restricted right?

NAVOFF

And no, I do not have a problem being secular at work. But when God is leading to say something about him to bring encourgment or conviction, then I will always listen to God. I am getting sick and tired of the persucution against Christians. I know that we will get persucted but it is beyond separation between Church and State. Christians Chaplains in the Military today are under attack because they pray in the name of Jesus. While muslims are allowed to pray 5 times a day no matter where we are. When God is leading me to do something, I do it. I do not care what anybody else has to say about it. If God is for me, who can be against me.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, you have been warned. Noone here is anti-religion but religion has its place. Those here on earth (some who post on this forum) will decided whether this guys transgressions are cause enough to deny him service in our nations military.
NAVOFF you are going to take a secular holiday at the end of which you are welcome to return and discuss issues relating to Naval Aviation, if not then please find a religous site for further posting.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
UMMM. So we could go ahead and express our anger on here and put little satans and little abbreviations that means curse words, but to spread encouragement and love is restricted right?

Coming soon to a ready room near you-encouragement and love

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
You were banned for a week by another moderator. I upped it to 2 weeks. I'll make it permanent if you keep pushing it.

Consider yourself warned. Resurrection will only happen once.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
And no, I do not have a problem being secular at work. But when God is leading to say something about him to bring encourgment or conviction, then I will always listen to God. I am getting sick and tired of the persucution against Christians. I know that we will get persucted but it is beyond separation between Church and State. Christians Chaplains in the Military today are under attack because they pray in the name of Jesus. While muslims are allowed to pray 5 times a day no matter where we are. When God is leading me to do something, I do it. I do not care what anybody else has to say about it. If God is for me, who can be against me.
click the attache...

Attachments

• church_l2.jpg
    church_l2.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 59

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...but to spread encouragement and love is restricted right?
Absolutely not! I encourage you to not post this stuff unless it's a thread about religion. I would love for you to understand where we are all coming from and follow our collective request.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I am immensely impressed (in a negative way) at the opinions people can have about people for situations they can only fantasize about. I try to not speculate about subjects I have no experience with. I recommend other people try to do this so you do not appear to be a little pussy ***** (you should try to hide it if you are one.) Keep in mind there are officers on the board who will make notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.