• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I still be selected for OCS regardless of background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
I am immensely impressed (in a negative way) at the opinions people can have about people for situations they can only fantasize about. I try to not speculate about subjects I have no experience with. I recommend other people try to do this so you do not appear to be a little pussy ***** (you should try to hide it if you are one.) Keep in mind there are officers on the board who will make notice.

Seriously, this is the most cryptic post I've seen in a while. Can you elaborate?

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
I am immensely impressed (in a negative way) at the opinions people can have about people for situations they can only fantasize about. I try to not speculate about subjects I have no experience with. I recommend other people try to do this so you do not appear to be a little pussy ***** (you should try to hide it if you are one.) Keep in mind there are officers on the board who will make notice.

Translated into Haiku form:....(spoken word)

Ahem,

Impressed, as in negative 5
I don't try to speculate 7
you are a pussy 5

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
You ever see that final episode of quantum leap? Where it turns out all this time he was actually battling the devil... and at the end he leaps into heaven?!? Thats what this thread reminds me of...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You ever see that final episode of quantum leap? Where it turns out all this time he was actually battling the devil... and at the end he leaps into heaven?!? Thats what this thread reminds me of...

Interesting... never saw the final episode. So who was Al? A guardian angel?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Nope still human. God was the one who was having him go to different places in time to fix the things the devil did and the devil got pissed. At the end he got the option to leap home or as it implied to heaven, but never shows where he goes.

pass-thru

Expunged will seal your record from private employers. The government sees all.

That's not true in the state where I live. An expungement permantantly seals the record and removes the charge from state record checks.

However......

IF you were booked at the jail and fingerprinted, then your charge will most likely show up in records checks through the federal NCIC system.

It will not show the disposition (dismissed, expunged, convicted, whatever) but it will show the date, location and charge lodged. And since the record is expunged follow up info will be unavailable from the court system.

Bottomline, if you're booked and the charge is later dismissed/expunged and you fail disclose it more than likely you will be exposed when they run an FBI background check through NCIC.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
(hand on heart)...I would just like to say that I am honored to have been a part of this thread.

pdx

HSM Pilot
That's not true in the state where I live. An expungement permantantly seals the record and removes the charge from state record checks.

However......

IF you were booked at the jail and fingerprinted, then your charge will most likely show up in records checks through the federal NCIC system.

It will not show the disposition (dismissed, expunged, convicted, whatever) but it will show the date, location and charge lodged. And since the record is expunged follow up info will be unavailable from the court system.

Bottomline, if you're booked and the charge is later dismissed/expunged and you fail disclose it more than likely you will be exposed when they run an FBI background check through NCIC.

Boo trying to put a bad thread back on topic

Hooray Quantam Leap!

Status
Not open for further replies.