• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I still be selected for OCS regardless of background

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS3bitz

I am in need of some help here:confused: . I really want to go into the supply corps program. I have been asking a few people on base whether I should still apply for the OCS program regardless of my background. I have a DUI:(, that happened last aug. 5th the case was dropped:eek: . I did not got to capt. mast. After several months later, I then acquired a 2nd degree assult charge and a 4th degree burglary charge last Jan. 17th:eek: . These charges were dropped and did not go to capt. mast as well (Someone must be looking out for me):) . Anyways, I am told that I do have a chance but I must put these charges on my application. Can anyone help me out there and give me advices:confused: ?

Amanda

You have got to be kidding right?! Doesn't sound like officer material to me. But you can certainly apply. Only the Supply Board can turn you down, that is if you can get your Commanding Officer to endorse you. That will be key.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Chances are, the board is going to see those indiscretions and see an obvious pattern of poor decision making. But hey...go ahead and apply.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
You can always apply. I don't think you have the slightest chance. If you do apply, I would suggest you have someone proof read your essay.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
My only guess would be as mentioned getting your CO to write something to endorse you. In addition depending on your age perhaps you can apply at a later point (give it 5 years if you have the time)? I imagine charges that were dropped look better after 5 years of being completely spot free. Obviously to become spot free you will need to make some lifestyle changes, so perhaps start there. Good luck..

OneOddGuy

Mrs. Crossdressing USA 2003 and 2005
OK, DUI's are bad enough; but I know lots of good people that made a stupid choice. But assault AND burglary? Honestly, I think I'd rather not serve with someone that's made those choices, regardless of their chances of becoming an officer.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I think that was a given before you started this thread. It is kinda disappointing that is all you got from the people who posted here.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
If the charges were dropped or you were not found guilty of the infractions I believe you can petition the court to have the record expunged. Contact the court that handled your case.

pdx

HSM Pilot
They will see it, whether its expunged or not.

Definitely true. As far as the background investigators are concerned, all that "expunged" means is that there is a little tag next to the arrest stating that it has been expunged. In no way does this hide things from the investigators.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Definitely true. As far as the background investigators are concerned, all that "expunged" means is that there is a little tag next to the arrest stating that it has been expunged. In no way does this hide things from the investigators.

Why do people expunge their record then? I thought that sealed it?

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
I think that was a given before you started this thread. It is kinda disappointing that is all you got from the people who posted here.

Yeah, very disappointing. Almost as disappointing as the thought that a military member was able to "acquire" a DUI, an assault charge, and a burglary within a few month period. WTF, over?

Here's some advice, stop drinking and beating people up and stealing sh!t that ain't yours. Your decision making is questionable to say the least. I'd give your app about two seconds before they toss it in the sh!tcan. We shouldn't be giving a person like this advice on how to become an officer. He/she is already a service member and has proven that he/she cannot serve honorably. Besides, I highly doubt that the SUPPLY CORPS is going to let someone with a burglary (expunged or not) handle government supplies.

Given that there are hundreds of kids on this site with good GPA's, excellent character and no history of, say, a DUI, we should focus on helping them get their apps in and spend less time helping criminals get into a position where their questionable ethics can harm our military.

My $0.02.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Expunged will seal your record from private employers. The government sees all.

Yeah. To expound, most criminal proceedings are a matter of public record, so lots of times minors' records will be sealed in the hopes that their youthful indiscretions won't totally derail any chance to become a productive member of society. The rest is like Spekkio said.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.