• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Its what I was told. Initially she said SWO or Intel then sent me an email with AMDO stuff. I don't have a reason to distrust her but I cant think of another reason why the packet would come back and me not have to fix anything. Its been there for a week as far as I know.
AMDO = Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer, i.e. a commissioned "aircraft fixer"

Can't tell from your Profile... are you a USN active/prior, with extensive Navy A/C maintenance experience ? If not, AMDO is pretty much out of the question. It's an extremely small, elite technical group, usually selected from active/prior aviation rated E-6s and above, witb the extensive maint/maint admin experience, and is very competitive among those experienced applicants.:)
Think im SOL on Pilot/NFO then?
Oy Vey... you're never SOL until you get ProRec N, get in legal 'hot water', or quit. Maintain a dialogue with your OR, stay optimistic, and above all... PATIENCE!;)
BzB

Mozart

AMDO = Aviation Maintenance Duty Officer, i.e. a commissioned "aircraft fixer"

Can't tell from your Profile... are you a USN active/prior, with extensive Navy A/C maintenance experience ? If not, AMDO is pretty much out of the question. It's an extremely small, elite technical group, usually selected from active/prior aviation rated E-6s and above, witb the extensive maint/maint admin experience, and is very competitive among those experienced applicants.:)

Oy Vey... your never SOL until you get ProRec N, get in legal 'hot water', or quit. Maintain a dialogue with your OR, stay optimistic, and above all... PATIENCE!;)
BzB

No USN prior. I did take a look at AMDO and that doesnt sound like something I would want anyway. Not sure why she threw that at me.

"Oy Vey... your never SOL until you get ProRec N, get in legal 'hot water', or quit. Maintain a dialogue with your OR, stay optimistic, and above all... PATIENCE!"

Haha sorry fear and nerves kicking in. Im pretty sure I have a good shot. nothing going against me legally or physically.

I sure cant talk to my wife or family about all this so this forum is my only release.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
Anyone have solid dates for the board? Last I heard, March 19 deadline for kits, and an April 14 board...

Where did you hear of such solid dates? Per my OR today, no solid board dates have been scheduled.

Bronco

Lurking Member
New kid on the block here, glad I found this thread... this has been super helpful.

I'm pretty much done with my packet, waiting on PQ letter and hope to make April board... so I suppose I won't put my info on google docs until I know for sure if I can get in on that board.

How do you guys get all this info? My OR just has me fill out paperwork, I've never been given any timelines or anything... didn't know I was racing the clock to a selection board.

Josh3714

do we know why
montauknightsky
Headinclouds
werent selected for SNA in the february boards? Just curious.

I don't remember if both of them did, but I do remember one of them saying they had a drug waiver. Probably a factor as well.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Where did you hear of such solid dates? Per my OR today, no solid board dates have been scheduled.
These were the dates before the last rolling board. I'm sure they have changed, just wondering if anyone has heard something new.

brogdawg32

These were the dates before the last rolling board. I'm sure they have changed, just wondering if anyone has heard something new.
Can't remember who but in the Feb thread someone mentioned a rumor that they want to stay right around the originally scheduled date for this rolling board. I asked my OR and he said he's heard the same rumor, no confirmation yet. Let's hope!

Anyone know ballpark how many days ahead of time packages need to be in before boards? If the 2nd week of April is a go, I'm stressing. My OR and I have everything ready to go, but excruciatingly awaiting my MEPS date of March 26th. If all goes smoothly there (no reason to think otherwise), should I be okay?

Really starting to get anxious...

brogdawg32

If the 2nd day of April, I think you'd miss it. Wed March 26 MEPS means you would need a PQ turnaround time of 2 business days, then 1 business day for it to be submitted to CNRC then sent to NRC processor. Someone correct me if wrong, but that sounds near impossible.

Hope for that 2nd week of April my friend.

cb812

SNA
If the 2nd day of April, I think you'd miss it. Wed March 26 MEPS means you would need a PQ turnaround time of 2 business days, then 1 business day for it to be submitted to CNRC then sent to NRC processor. Someone correct me if wrong, but that sounds near impossible.

Hope for that 2nd week of April my friend.

The normal flow from MEPS PQ to package submission is: MEPS PQ's you, give file to service liaison at MEPS, which is then given to your OR, who then has to send to N3M. (It took one day for my OR to pick up file from MEPS and submit to N3M, and one day for N3M to PQ me). If everything else in your packet is complete, your OR will give packet to their processor who does a quick quality check. If all looks good, packet is sent to NRC in Tennessee. NRC has to do their quality check as well. Package is then sent to the PM for aviation. They will do another check of the packet, and if all looks good, they will deem the package board ready. One week for all of this is not impossible but will be hard, just explain to your recruiter the rush on this (if he is not already aware) and I'm sure he'll do everything on his end to help you make the board. Just hope there is no hiccups at MEPS and you might have a shot. But I am not sure on whether or not the board accepts packages right up to board date. I was told that they have to be submitted at least a week before board date.

Last edited:

akjim101

But I am not sure on whether or not the board accepts packages right up to board date. I was told that they have to be submitted at least a week before board date.

They do not accept them up to the date. I missed the last board. My package made it to the PM the Friday before the board met and it was not seen at the board. I have been told that it has to be to the PM two week prior to the board meeting. And since we are on a rolling board, we have no way of knowing when the board will meet. So your best bet is to get it in as soon as possible and hope for the best.