• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Yes. It was an investigator from OPM that really came to my house to interview me. She came to the houses of pretty much everyone I listed on my SF86.

What's crazy is that it only took Mr Spenz three days to get a secret clearance. You must have had a squeaky clean record and have lived only in one place.
Nope quite the opposite. I was just completely honest on it and didn't submit it until I was 100% certain that it was correct.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
Haven't heard any different...my recruiter texts me each day (sometimes after checking CIRIMS. Don't know if that means he's expecting it soon or just being prudent

Wow, now that is a diligent recruiter! Good for you, mate.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
The SF-86 you gents filled out, was it the form last updated in Dec 2010? While awaiting correspondence from my recruiter, I am putting together what I can of my package to ensure a timely submission.

brogdawg32

I thought we didn't go through the security clearance stuff until after a pro-rec Y? I thought it was just a basic background check when submitted to the board....?

brogdawg32

^yeah you'll have to fill it out.

I was talking more to the guy who said he's already had his interview and the guy who says he has TSC when their packets haven't even made it to board yet.

Should I let my references know they might be getting calls now?

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
I had my SF86 done before going to the board, too. I had an interview with the FBI, and they tracked down just about everyone I've ever known to talk to them. However, I think this is because I was initially doing NUPOC before I switched to pursuing aviation (I saw the light). I never got any word about a clearance granted or anything, but after about 3 months I stopped hearing from the FBI. I guess they finally decided I'm not a spy.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
@Bradicus would you mind telling me which version of the SF-86 you used? Last revised in Dec 2010 is what I have downloaded from the internet. I have a lot of previous locations to fill out and want to get started ASAP.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
I used NASIS and submitted it there, but had to print out the form too and have the officer processor send it off to the FBI with my fingerprints.