• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
All,
I was pro-rec’d off of the April board for SWO and just received my final select letter for Aug. 19. I am extremely excited and hope many of you get the same news as me very soon. Good luck and see you in New Port!
V/R
HM3 Jones
That's nice! Still waiting for my OCS date but my CO let me know that the command sent a letter requesting that I am not taken at least until February. Kinda sucks but hey I guess I can continue working out and spending time with the family while on shore duty.

bluemarlin04

No letter yet for me. Recruiter said it was written up and just waiting for a signature. I reeally want to know my OCS date. I think ill hear this week though because two weeks ago the recruiter said that he spoke to the program manager for SNA and that my letter would be there in about 2 weeks

froky36

Information Warfare Candidate
I wouldn't expect many April select IW's to get word about OCS for a while, they needed just a couple and the IDC board went nuts selecting people, get a good workout program going and look for a job to keep you busy.

Chief, do you have any information on the time frame for IW's to start filtering into OCS from the April board? Are we talking about FY13 at the earliest? I was thinking of dropping some leave to visit family and wanted to see what a good "safe" time frame would be for leave.

exNavyOffRec

Chief, do you have any information on the time frame for IW's to start filtering into OCS from the April board? Are we talking about FY13 at the earliest? I was thinking of dropping some leave to visit family and wanted to see what a good "safe" time frame would be for leave.

As an active duty person you "should" be first on the list, but they only needed a few more for FY12, the problem is FY13 currently has a goal of 0, yes that is right zero, so who knows, so take some leave, look at ways to better your self for OCS and just know it will happen when it happens.

Rev

pilot
Well I just got the call that I'm swearing in Thursday!

He still doesn't know my date though. Is there a list of the 8 July Class? I'm just trying to make sure I'm at least clear for the next few weeks.

exNavyOffRec

Well I just got the call that I'm swearing in Thursday!

He still doesn't know my date though. Is there a list of the 8 July Class? I'm just trying to make sure I'm at least clear for the next few weeks.

That is BS, the date is on the letter, they can't do anything without it! I am thinking your OR doesn't know what he is doing.

Rev

pilot
That is BS, the date is on the letter, they can't do anything without it! I am thinking your OR doesn't know what he is doing.

Well that isn't incredibly reassuring.

He seems to have done a great job with everything so far. It doesn't make sense if the date is on the letter though. Hopefully I'll know more today or by Thursday.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Well that isn't incredibly reassuring.

He seems to have done a great job with everything so far. It doesn't make sense if the date is on the letter though. Hopefully I'll know more today or by Thursday.

Hey Ben, this may be a blindingly obvious question based on the information under your Avatar, but did you get picked up for all three designators and you just got to choose the one you went with?

Rev

pilot
Hey Ben, this may be a blindingly obvious question based on the information under your Avatar, but did you get picked up for all three designators and you just got to choose the one you went with?

Yes, I was pro-recced for all three. My OR knows that the SNA was my first choice and that's what I'll be taking this coming Thursday.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Yes, I was pro-recced for all three. My OR knows that the SNA was my first choice and that's what I'll be taking this coming Thursday.

Awesome, that's inspiring (and congratulations!). I'll be starting my Pilot/NFO/SWO package in September to catch the January boards. I'd be happy with any of them, but if I could choose, I'd like to be in the sky.

Rev

pilot
Awesome, that's inspiring (and congratulations!). I'll be starting my Pilot/NFO/SWO package in September to catch the January boards. I'd be happy with any of them, but if I could choose, I'd like to be in the sky.

Thanks and good luck to you. Study hard for the ASTB as a competitive score is one of your biggest weapons. Be prepared to keep applying too. Many folks on here (myself included) weren't picked up our first few times.

bluemarlin04

Hopefully I get a call today. Would make this day even better.

On another note, I turned 26 today. Feels old. But on the bright side I checked bupers online and I now have a full 8 years of tis toward retirement.

Jesus time flies by, I remember being an 18 kid getting screamed at in boot camp like it was yesterday.