• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Congrats...but give that 'push back' a good think..... "A bird in the hand.........."! Hard dates are GOLDEN these days, ya' never know how the following months will go. I'm sure your Sis' would understand. Good luck!:)
BzB

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Congrats...but give that 'push back' a good think..... "A bird in the hand.........."! Hard dates are GOLDEN these days, ya' never know how the following months will go. I'm sure your Sis' would understand. Good luck!:)
BzB

That's kind of my issue. My sister knows there is a chance I wouldn't be able to make it, she was at peace with that. I told my recruiter to check to see what the possibility is, and unless it's wide open, I'll just keep my date. I figured I owe it to her to check in to see if its at least plausible.

dfred

pilot
Finally got my OCS Date and FS letter! Sept 20th. I may try to push it back as my sister is getting married in early October, but my recruiter is looking into that.

WOOOH!
Congrats! Are you sure it is September 20th, not September 30th? I have a 30th class date and I know at least one other person on here has it as well. I believe classes are every three weeks and I have seen September 9th and 30th. I could be mistaken but you may just want to double check and that may help your decision to check on later OCS dates.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Congrats! Are you sure it is September 20th, not September 30th? I have a 30th class date and I know at least one other person on here has it as well. I believe classes are every three weeks and I have seen September 9th and 30th. I could be mistaken but you may just want to double check and that may help your decision to check on later OCS dates.

Good catch, yup I meant the 30th.

exNavyOffRec

That's kind of my issue. My sister knows there is a chance I wouldn't be able to make it, she was at peace with that. I told my recruiter to check to see what the possibility is, and unless it's wide open, I'll just keep my date. I figured I owe it to her to check in to see if its at least plausible.

They might give on that reason, but for any other reason that have been asked the PM's have said "take that date or don't go at all"

The info the PM might want is when was the wedding scheduled, if it was scheduled before you put in you application your OR might need to fall on the sword and say he failed to tell you to put a OCS date after the wedding, if it was scheduled after you put in the application I would guess the OR would again need to say he failed to let the PM know what was going on after the wedding was scheduled.

FYI, I have done this to get a guys date moved or to get a pro rec turned back on, it is part of the job.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
They might give on that reason, but for any other reason that have been asked the PM's have said "take that date or don't go at all"

The info the PM might want is when was the wedding scheduled, if it was scheduled before you put in you application your OR might need to fall on the sword and say he failed to tell you to put a OCS date after the wedding, if it was scheduled after you put in the application I would guess the OR would again need to say he failed to let the PM know what was going on after the wedding was scheduled.
FYI, I have done this to get a guys date moved or to get a pro rec turned back on, it is part of the job.

I called my sister and spoke with my family. I am ready to do this, and she was understanding so I'm going to stick with that date. Just emailed my recruiter to tell him I'll stick with this date. See you at OCS dfred!

I really owe a lot to everyone on this board. I remember when I was looking through this forum two years ago, wondering if I'd ever be able to make it happen, and overwhelmed at the long process ahead of me. Not to be lame, but thanks guys. Can't believe I'm here, and can't wait to begin.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Future Officers in the world's greatest Navy, this morning while deployed on USS O'Kane to the Persian Gulf I was notified of a September 9th class date. See you all guys and gals there.

Awesome Alex, congrats!:D

BTW, as an ex-ET2 (SS} 'BubbleHead', I am well aware of the heroics of the late ex-POW, CDR "Dick" O'Kane MOH, NC (3), SS (3)... CO of the USS TANG (SS-306), during WWII. A proud name for a modern Navy fighting warship!:)
USSTangSS306.jpg
BzB