• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

afsf1

Just heard back that I failed MEPS depth perception test. My recruiter is checking if there is anyway to get around this; if anyone has any info it is much appreciated.

John Gil

You need to go to a civilian doc and have them do it, then turn in the paperwork. Not a big deal from my understanding. I failed it at Meps and my doc said I have a 40 arc for depth the next day.

delta215

Lincoln Lucas

Has anyone gotten the May 12th OCS date yet? I'm still waiting to get my fingerprints retaken this Thursday. I'm not sure if it is wise to speculate on my own OCS date, but I assume March 31st is out of the question.

LegoNavy

I posted this in the CEC thread, but wanted to ask here, too. Sorry! I'm just super anxious to find out if I made it or not.

I was checking out the Recruiting Command Texas Navy website and I saw that they posted on March 25th they had 2 applicants picked up from the CEC Board. I have not been able to get a hold of my recruiter, but does this mean the CEC Board for March has met and convened already? Should my recruiter know by now if I got accepted or not? Thank you anyone who could help me out!

rchris4

Hello,

I have a question for you guys. I was pro rec'd SNA/SNFO/SWO in this board. I have since then been fully PQ'd for all three designations. However, my recruiter told me I am final selected for my second choice SNFO, instead of my first choice SNA. I was wondering if this is common. I am very happy to be given the chance to attend OCS as an SNFO, but I can't help but wonder why I was not given a chance to pick between my three choices once I was professionally recommended for all three designations by the board. Again, I will proudly serve as an NFO as it is a huge opportunity, but my dream is to become a Naval Aviator. Is this a common practice with the final selects? I do not know why, but I thought we had a choice once we were prorec'd. Either way, I look forward to attending OCS this summer and earning the title of United States Navy Officer!

Thanks,

Chris

Stats:
pro rec SNA/SNFO(final select)/SWO
B.S. Biological Sciences 3.73
7/7/8 59

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Hello,

I have a question for you guys. I was pro rec'd SNA/SNFO/SWO in this board. I have since then been fully PQ'd for all three designations. However, my recruiter told me I am final selected for my second choice SNFO, instead of my first choice SNA. I was wondering if this is common. I am very happy to be given the chance to attend OCS as an SNFO, but I can't help but wonder why I was not given a chance to pick between my three choices once I was professionally recommended for all three designations by the board. Again, I will proudly serve as an NFO as it is a huge opportunity, but my dream is to become a Naval Aviator. Is this a common practice with the final selects? I do not know why, but I thought we had a choice once we were prorec'd. Either way, I look forward to attending OCS this summer and earning the title of United States Navy Officer!

Thanks,

Chris

Stats:
7/7/8 59

My biggest guess is because they are needing NFOs right now.... but NavyOffRec can make the final say as he carries a TON of useful information with him.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone gotten the May 12th OCS date yet? I'm still waiting to get my fingerprints retaken this Thursday. I'm not sure if it is wise to speculate on my own OCS date, but I assume March 31st is out of the question.
Both speculation, and assumptions are unwise, and nothing is 'out of the question' in today's uncertain environment.;)
BzB

exNavyOffRec

Hello,

Thanks,

Chris

Stats:
7/7/8 59

Are you sure you were pro rec'd for all of them? If a person is pro rec'd for all of their choices they are by policy sent a FS for their first choice, are you sure SNFO was second and not first? others here have had their choices not put down what they thought.

rchris4

Are you sure you were pro rec'd for all of them? If a person is pro rec'd for all of their choices they are by policy sent a FS for their first choice, are you sure SNFO was second and not first? others here have had their choices not put down what they thought.

I am sure on the APSR that I filled out 1. SNA 2. SNFO 3. SWO, but as far as my pro recommendation, my recruiter told me I was picked up for all three a couple weeks ago. Then, as I awaited my FS this week, he called me and told me I was final selected for NFO and that his boss said there were no more SNA slots available. He tried to do what he could, but he said the best thing to do is work hard and maybe a slot will open up at OCS.