• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

MOFIRE

Pro-Rec SWO-EDO
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you had to go through this. I sent my application Nov 2011 for review and I recently got word I was selected for OCS in July for FY14 (SWO-EDO).

A couple days ago I got a call from my OR saying I have to redo my NASIS security clearance application to transfer the information from my old form to the new one. I tried to research the answer as to whether they question my family and friends again and how long this process takes. I've already medically qualified through MEPS and I have a security clearance I did through the Navy Feb 2012. Does this affects receiving my FS letter or OCS date? Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AirGuy

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you had to go through this. I sent my application Nov 2011 for review and I recently got word I was selected for OCS in July for FY14 (SWO-EDO).

A couple days ago I got a call from my OR saying I have to redo my NASIS security clearance application to transfer the information from my old form to the new one. I tried to research the answer as to whether they question my family and friends again and how long this process takes. I've already medically qualified through MEPS and I have a security clearance I did through the Navy Feb 2012. Does this affects receiving my FS letter or OCS date? Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Why did they give you OCS a year later? Are you in college?

MOFIRE

Pro-Rec SWO-EDO
Why did they give you OCS a year later? Are you in college?
Sorry I didn't mention but I actually applied for the Jan 2012 CEC board and I never made it board for some reason. SWO-EDO was listed as my second choice and I guess it wasn't until Feb 2013 that they held a board for SWO-EDOs. I graduated Dec 2011 so everything in my packet was mostly all college experience/some high school experience.

giantsfan007

I doubt it was ADHD, maybe the wrist but that is low, Rhinoplasty maybe, more than likely it is the cavus pectum issue, I have dealt with one person that had cavus pectum years ago and he was also PDQ.

Timebomb has a great post on what they consider when looking at a waiver.

letters from senators for medical issues have no weight, if the documents say you are fully recovered then another letters saying fully recovered is not going to have new information, so the issue is more than likely "a history of" and that is getting you.

NavyOffRec,
Seems each of these issues is waverable and multiple dr letters indicating no limitations, no risk of reinjury, etc yet for reasons they are not disclosing, N3M has decided thus far not to grant a waiver. Navy expects applicants to be fully truthful when completing an application, seems only reasonable that the Navy is equally forthcoming when informing candidates of a tough decision like this.

A question for you please- you clarified in a different post that the MEPS DQ applies to all designators which makes sense but isn't the decision to grant or not grant a waiver, such as in this case, designator specific based on supply and demand? So for example, can this candidate change to a different designator where the need is greater and perhaps be granted the medical waiver he has been unable to obtain for SNA?

Thanks

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,
Seems each of these issues is waverable and multiple dr letters indicating no limitations, no risk of reinjury, etc yet for reasons they are not disclosing, N3M has decided thus far not to grant a waiver. Navy expects applicants to be fully truthful when completing an application, seems only reasonable that the Navy is equally forthcoming when informing candidates of a tough decision like this.

A question for you please- you clarified in a different post that the MEPS DQ applies to all designators which makes sense but isn't the decision to grant or not grant a waiver, such as in this case, designator specific based on supply and demand? So for example, can this candidate change to a different designator where the need is greater and perhaps be granted the medical waiver he has been unable to obtain for SNA?

Thanks

If there is any thought of a waiverable or desired to be granted they will go with "continued processing warranted" sometimes they say "may be waiverable" for those hard to get people (Roman Catholic Priest) so they can waiver them. I have seen if a waiver is possible where they list what is needed.

N3M first looks at basic entry, then designator qualifications but often defers to NAMI or undersea medicine for many. if there is an issue with a designator a person won't be tagged with DQ, but with NPQ for URL (for example)

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
I have a question. My recruiter hasn't gotten back to me yet about any of the boards decisions and I had everything submitted on time back in January. I was initially told I'd hear back in February and then by the first week of March. As it is now April I am slightly concerned and haven't heard back on my last two e-mails. I was wondering if anyone here had any advice on how I could find out what is going on?

Kmiller361

I have a question. My recruiter hasn't gotten back to me yet about any of the boards decisions and I had everything submitted on time back in January. I was initially told I'd hear back in February and then by the first week of March. As it is now April I am slightly concerned and haven't heard back on my last two e-mails. I was wondering if anyone here had any advice on how I could find out what is going on?

I'm in the same boat. Submitted all my stuff back in Jan for the March 4 board. Haven't heard anything. I check up with my recruiter weekly but no status updates. Seems like for whatever reasons it may have missed the board.

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
My recruiter told me that "application is with the program manager at the head recruiting command office". Does anyone happen to know why it might be there? I'm sure the exact reason won't come up but some approximate guesses would be nice.