• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

AirGuy

As a Squadron Pilot/NFO, not much unless you were a DivO for the AK types, but should be a plus in your package for the board.:)
BzB
If it's a plus for my package, then I can easily take a SAP class for one of my electives.

Probably nothing for Pilots or NFOs, just making you aware that an SAP training concentration does exist. It is relatively new.

Tiz, does it have to be taken at Penn State?

Matt Ross

So far, yes.

NavyOffRec,

I got an email from my recruiter with a note from N3M stating that I am medically disqualified. He stated that I need to bring it to my doctors to find a way to qualify me...

The letter from N3M

"Based on a courtesy review of available medical information,
further processing of this applicant IS NOT warranted...

2. Ensure N3M letters are uploaded into CIRIMS and forwarded to N36
for processing."

What does this mean? am I finished?
What should I do???, all of my issues from the past can be waived according to sources found online.

USAF_WX2USN

NavyOffRec,

I got an email from my recruiter with a note from N3M stating that I am medically disqualified. He stated that I need to bring it to my doctors to find a way to qualify me...

The letter from N3M

for processing."

What should I do???, all of my issues from the past can be waived according to sources found online.

I got the same thing. Based in the info they had and the general meps medical qualifications, I was dq. I had to do a medical test and submit the results. About a week later I received my medical pq. My letter told me what I needed to do.

Matt Ross

I got the same thing. Based in the info they had and the general meps medical qualifications, I was dq. I had to do a medical test and submit the results. About a week later I received my medical pq. My letter told me what I needed to do.

So there is still hope. I know I can pass the MEPS physical 100 percent I just need to get in somehow...

How did you go about with your medical test, what kind of doctor did you see?

Thanks,
Matt

USAF_WX2USN

So there is still hope. I know I can pass the MEPS physical 100 percent I just need to get in somehow...

Thanks,
Matt

Well, I'm currently Active duty, just a different service so ymmv. I was dq after doing MEPS. It was because I had high blood pressure about 7yrs ago, which is a dq, but it hasn't been an issue since. They wanted me to do a three blood pressure screening, which I did at my base clinic. All results came back normal and I got my medical pq in about a week later. Still waiting on my FS. I'm not sure what your medical issue is, so I can't speak to whether or not you'll have an issue, but if you're already dq before going to MEPS, that's probably not good..

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

The letter from N3M

for processing."

Just because the sources say they may be waived doesn't mean they will be, and the only time N3M will say "not warranted" is when they have no intention on waiving the conditions.

#2 means they are getting ready to remove the pro rec

exNavyOffRec

Thanks,
Matt

Probably not, DQ from MEPS is not the same as DQ from the specific service, MEPS DQ's people left and right, then they let the individual service decided if they want to take ownership for the waiver.

exNavyOffRec

Crap. Ill keep trying though

You can try, but I never saw anyone that was hit with the "not warranted" tag ever have that changed.

How many issues in the past are we talking about? They could have hit you with that tag for one or all of the issues, that is the hard part.

Matt Ross

You can try, but I never saw anyone that was hit with the "not warranted" tag ever have that changed.

How many issues in the past are we talking about? They could have hit you with that tag for one or all of the issues, that is the hard part.

ADHD? (1 visit in 1998 results came back negative), Rhinoplasty (1999, 2003), nuss procedure (2005), wrist fracture + collar bone fracture (2010).
Is there any way to move forward with a waiver?

I have fully recovered from all injuries and am in top physical shape, I played high school and college baseball for 6 years even after these issues ocurred. I sent 4 letters from the doctors responsible for the issues confirming I was in excellent shape despite what MEPS had declared. I do not believe N3M read it.

. I have scheduled 4 more doctor appointments so far to write letters. I am going to do whatever it takes to change the N3M decision even if it takes 30 letters or getting a letter from a senator but I have to do so professionally and respectfully. Nonetheless, I feel I have been unfairly charged. I think everyone deserves a right to a physical before the final decisions are made

If I did not even mention any of these medical issues in my package I would be OK but telling the truth got me disqualified
I really have nothing to lose so I'm going to do whatever it takes.

Matt Ross

If I did not even mention any of these medical issues in my package I would be OK but telling the truth got me disqualified

I know it was the right thing to do it just sucks how things turn out. I know I'm not the only one. Going to OCS is a true privilege.

If this does not work out, can I reapply in the future for pilot or SEAL ? Or are my chances better trying to be a pilot in the USMC?

exNavyOffRec

ADHD? (1 visit in 1998 results came back negative), Rhinoplasty (1999, 2003), nuss procedure (2005), wrist fracture + collar bone fracture (2010).
Is there any way to move forward with a waiver?

I have fully recovered from all injuries and am in top physical shape, I played high school and college baseball for 6 years even after these issues ocurred. I sent 4 letters from the doctors responsible for the issues confirming I was in excellent shape despite what MEPS had declared. I do not believe N3M read it.

. I have scheduled 4 more doctor appointments so far to write letters. I am going to do whatever it takes to change the N3M decision even if it takes 30 letters or getting a letter from a senator but I have to do so professionally and respectfully. Nonetheless, I feel I have been unfairly charged. I think everyone deserves a right to a physical before the final decisions are made

I really have nothing to lose so I'm going to do whatever it takes.

I doubt it was ADHD, maybe the wrist but that is low, Rhinoplasty maybe, more than likely it is the cavus pectum issue, I have dealt with one person that had cavus pectum years ago and he was also PDQ.

Timebomb has a great post on what they consider when looking at a waiver.

letters from senators for medical issues have no weight, if the documents say you are fully recovered then another letters saying fully recovered is not going to have new information, so the issue is more than likely "a history of" and that is getting you.

Sumit

I doubt it was ADHD, maybe the wrist but that is low, Rhinoplasty maybe, more than likely it is the cavus pectum issue, I have dealt with one person that had cavus pectum years ago and he was also PDQ.

Timebomb has a great post on what they consider when looking at a waiver.

letters from senators for medical issues have no weight, if the documents say you are fully recovered then another letters saying fully recovered is not going to have new information, so the issue is more than likely "a history of" and that is getting you.

I had Rhinoplasty in 2011 and it wasn't an issue at all.

exNavyOffRec

I know it was the right thing to do it just sucks how things turn out. I know I'm not the only one. Going to OCS is a true privilege.

If this does not work out, can I reapply in the future for pilot or SEAL ? Or are my chances better trying to be a pilot in the USMC?

When you are DQ'd it is for all designators, the USMC uses the same manual as the USN, now the doc may be different but don't hold your breath on a different result.