• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
I have yet to see a thread of this nature pop up (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I'd like to gather those who are applying to the March 2013 Board. My OR informed me that this would be the second SNA board of the year and the first one available to me in my set of circumstances (graduating in May, took the ASTB very recently).

For the ASTB, I got a 6/6/7 53, and my OR told me not to retake the test and that he "felt comfortable" submitting that score along with the rest of my package. Other stats include 3.2 GPA (Architecture), 4 LORs (2 past employers, 1 mentor/professor, 1 family friend retired SWO). It's frustrating being swayed away from taking it again when I had a clear-cut goal of 60+ OAR and 7+ PFAR and didn't quit hit it. Should I retake it? Any thoughts?

Either way, feel free to post anything pertaining to the March 2013 board.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I had heard it would be February, but these things change. March would make more sense as the Dec 3 board results should be out any day now.

As for your ASTB, keep an eye on the thread about the current board (Says Jan 2013 but really isn't) and see who gets in and who doesn't. The scores in that thread seem to be a bit higher than other boards.

cBoehme

Pro Rec SWO July 2012
I would take it again if I was you. I was told by my recruiter and processor that they could update the scores electronically after the package was submitted, but I don't know the board date or the date you took the test...either way I was under the impression that the window in-between the first and second tests was only 30 days.

Best of luck!

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Hey Graham2017. I am applying to the March 2013 board for NFO and possibly SWO (I would apply for SNA but my vision disqualifies me). I am a prior with 6 years of service and a current Navy reservist. I have yet to take the ASTB but I am scheduled to take it on the January 15th, and I am studying in the meantime. Since I am a reservist my OR had me do a pre-commisioning physical at a Naval Hospital and the doc there said I am qualified for NFO so I don't have to worry about MEPS atleast for now as far as I know. More stats on me:

25 M/ Prior
Applying for NFO/SWO
ASTB- TBD (taking it on January 15th, 2013)
Brandman University: BS Computing Technology - GPA 3.78 (In progress, will be done in March with my degree requirements)
4 LORs (two professors, my reserve unit CO (O-3), and a former CPO who directly supervised and saw me in action)
Private Pilot - 86 hours total time

I am hoping to do as well as I can on the ASTB since it may make or break my package. Good luck to everyone!

Mew

I'm up for this one
24/f/ no prior

I'm only up for Intel/SWO . . . no planes for me

51 OAR
3.02 GPA Chatham BS in (International Policy/Econ) won multiple scholarships ect while there.
LOR's from NASA as well as a co-woker/mentor who is in Intel

They will either love me for the "whole package" or not be fans at all.

I worked in Private Equity for an international REIT before running a robotics program for NASA and helping run the family business. I have been lucky enough to have traveled around the world spending well over a month on every continent but Antarctica, (this made my NASIS really really fun).

USAF_WX2USN

My package will meet this board for SWO (after it meets the IDC board in Feb for OCEANO, SWO-OCEANO). Good luck!

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
Glad somebody made this thread. I was thinking about it. Here's my stats.

24 M/ Prior 5 year AT/ Current reserve LS
BS Aeronautics ERAU- May 2013 Grad date
GPA- 3.75 (Hopefully 3.8 by Grad)
ASTB- 6/7/8 51
Evals- EP/MP/MP/MP/EP
LORs- Employer, Interviewing with an AD O5 Aviator next week
SNA/SNFO/Supply

Good luck everyone.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
I had heard it would be February, but these things change. March would make more sense as the Dec 3 board results should be out any day now.

The OCS package is due by 1Feb, but the board convenes 4Mar. NavyOffRec posted a link to the schedule somewhere on here.

BleedGreen

pilot
Can't wait for the board to convene!
This will be my first time applying to any board

24/M/ Prior Navy Reservists
Applying for SNA/NFO/SWO

ASTB: 7/8/7 59
GPA: 3.45 BS in Management (degree will be done in Mar)
LOR's: O-6, O-5, Senior Chief, Helicopter Superintendent from the Forest Service, and Engine Captain from Forest Service
Evals: 2 EP's and 4 MP's
Three years as a firefighter
1200 hrs of volunteer time

Good luck to everyone!!

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Can't wait for the board to convene!
This will be my first time applying to any board

24/M/ Prior Navy Reservists
Applying for SNA/NFO/SWO

ASTB: 7/8/7 59
GPA: 3.45 BS in Management (degree will be done in Mar)
LOR's: O-6, O-5, Senior Chief, Helicopter Superintendent from the Forest Service, and Engine Captain from Forest Service
Evals: 2 EP's and 4 MP's
Three years as a firefighter
1200 hrs of volunteer time

Good luck to everyone!!

It is great to see you here. It's my first board as well and I really can't wait application finished up and get my application in front of the board. Is your package completed or are you still working on it? I am just curious since I started the process a few weeks ago and feel like I am around 50% done with everything. However I'm hoping that I can get everything done by February 1st.