• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

VTFlyer

I guess it is a 100% selection rate. I just got the email on Navy Bupers. Does anybody knows what happens next for active duty personal. It says we need a medical PQ but I thought that was a requirement before we sent our packages up. I am so excited.

SNA
27/M
9yrs Current Active Duty
3.0 5/7/4 49

Do you know if selection results are posted on bupers for reservists as well? Last time I check (Tues night) mine were not on there.

Navy Airedale

SNA PRO-REC
Do you know if selection results are posted on bupers for reservists as well? Last time I check (Tues night) mine were not on there.
I dont see why not. you can check bupers from your home computer. go to the Bupers website then use youe SSN for your username and your DOB for your password(YYYYMMDD) then click on the "Advancements/Selection Boards" tab and let us know how it goes ;)

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
I called my recruiting office yesterday and they said I wasn't on the list. I applied SWO/Pilot/NFO.
Did you meet the minimum requirements for Pilot/NFO? If you did, then theoretically you should have been considered, and they selected everyone they considered this time around.
I'm asking because as stated earlier in the thread, I flat-out wasn't submitted for NFO and wasn't told, leading me to believe that if I was/wasn't selected for SWO, I would probably get a call saying "Congratulations, you got SWO" or "Unfortunately you were not selected" without any mention of NFO.

VTFlyer

I called my recruiting office yesterday and they said I wasn't on the list. I applied SWO/Pilot/NFO.

I am not sure it this is any sort of definite information, but from what I saw on the selction results letter it stated that the board convened for "all first choice 13900 applicants."

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
I am not sure it this is any sort of definite information, but from what I saw on the selction results letter it stated that the board convened for "all first choice 13900 applicants."
If that's the real reason why I didn't get selected, it's going to be a very long week. In December I applied for SWO because I didn't have the scores for Pilot/NFO. So for this board I retook the ASTB, added an officer interview, and wrote a letter of reconsideration. In the letter, I asked to be reconsidered for SWO and add the Pilot/NFO designators.

rrenneka

Is there anyone else on here that got selected and had the same or worse ASTB scores as you? 5 6 4 43 with a 3.0

rrenneka

It would be nice to have a definition of "applications considered". McHale is well within the PA. His package may not have made it to the selection board for some reason.

VTFlyer

I dont see why not. you can check bupers from your home computer. go to the Bupers website then use youe SSN for your username and your DOB for your password(YYYYMMDD) then click on the "Advancements/Selection Boards" tab and let us know how it goes ;)

I actually have a cac-card reader at home so I was able log in that way and check. Nothing on bupers for me.....Im guessing the reserves just move slower?

Are you already PQ'd?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
At any rate I respect each and every service member and veteran on here. With lots of luck and hard work, I hope to share some of the experiences that you gentleman have had. I hope that you wont hold my ignorance against me, and try to remember it isn't easy being the new guy :)
Just enjoy, and celebrate the fact that you WERE SELECTED... not whine about things that happened enroute to selection. Whining is an anathema in NAVAIR ready rooms. whining will not be well received and will bring tons of ass-pain. Don't be the infamous "that guy"!

Remember, for each selectee, there are probably 4 or 5 disappointed non-selects who would love to have had your slot. 'Nuff said, case closed.;)
BzB

BackOrdered

Contributor
It would be nice to have a definition of "applications considered".

Consider
verb (used with object)
1. to think carefully about, especially in order to make a decision; contemplate; reflect on: He considered the cost before buying the new car.

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=consider

Realize that there is still a quote and while one maybe over the minimums, plenty of others are well above it. This is what was taken into "consideration."

zeagle

If that's the real reason why I didn't get selected, it's going to be a very long week. In December I applied for SWO because I didn't have the scores for Pilot/NFO. So for this board I retook the ASTB, added an officer interview, and wrote a letter of reconsideration. In the letter, I asked to be reconsidered for SWO and add the Pilot/NFO designators.

Who told you that you did not have the scores for pilot/NFO??? This is a case of bad gouge. The minimums for Pilot/NFO are 4/5, anything like that or over can be submitted. I was selected with almost similar scores to yours for NFO, not pilot, but I never wanted to be a pilot and didn't put it down, so I put NFO as my first choice. I was also selected for SWO, which was my second. I know of more than a few people that have been selected for pilot/NFO with scores like 5/5.