• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

Matt Ross

Congrats man. It's funny though that you submitted SPECWAR as your number 3 choice. Im sure the SEAL board would've had a few laughs at that.

Yeah I don't believe it was submitted for the SPECWAR/SEAL board, I just put it down as my 3rd option in case I was not selected for pilot or nfo. I would rather be a pilot anyday!

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
Have any Pro Recs graduating in May heard OCS class dates from their recruiter? My recruiter told me that NRC has to get my final transcripts and official degree before I can get a Final Select letter, so expect late June/ early July. Did you guys here something similar?

Also Mayo, when are you checking out of your reserve unit? He told me that I don't check out until I graduate in May.

zeagle

Yeah I don't believe it was submitted for the SPECWAR/SEAL board, I just put it down as my 3rd option in case I was not selected for pilot or nfo. I would rather be a pilot anyday!

Did you ever take the PST? I was boarded a while back when there were a lot less slots and didn't get picked up. My PST was a 8:30 swim, 9:20 Run, 80 Pushups, 100 situps, 18 pullups. My numbers could've definitely improved but so much for that. If you don't put down SPECWAR/EOD for your first choice on the ASPR, than they don't even bother with you, from what I have been told. See you in flight school dude.

VTFlyer

Have any Pro Recs graduating in May heard OCS class dates from their recruiter? My recruiter told me that NRC has to get my final transcripts and official degree before I can get a Final Select letter, so expect late June/ early July. Did you guys here something similar?

Also Mayo, when are you checking out of your reserve unit? He told me that I don't check out until I graduate in May.

I would imagine thats true, you are still under an enlistement contract so until the date your orders say you separate I would expect to still fully participate with your unit.

I just ran by my unit today and got some of my documents, all they cared about was that my conditional release was in. I have drill this weekend and I'm sure I will start a "checkout" process. I already have a degree, medical done, and active clearance. My OR said im completly PQ'd and we are only waiting for the final select.

My unit is also pretty flexible, this is potentially my last drill and admin just said I need to sign some papers and get all my med/dental records + ESR stuff verified and copied.

Matt Ross

Did you ever take the PST? I was boarded a while back when there were a lot less slots and didn't get picked up. My PST was a 8:30 swim, 9:20 Run, 80 Pushups, 100 situps, 18 pullups. My numbers could've definitely improved but so much for that. If you don't put down SPECWAR/EOD for your first choice on the ASPR, than they don't even bother with you, from what I have been told. See you in flight school dude.

That's impressive!
makes sense, nope haven't had any type of physical yet. I got my package submitted at the end of the day on Jan 31st and didn't have time to go to MEPS or take a PST - I'm lucky to be here my recruiter worked really hard to get in for this board. How long does it take to schedule an appointment to get your physical? Do pilots need to take a PST?

Navy Airedale

SNA PRO-REC
I would imagine thats true, you are still under an enlistement contract so until the date your orders say you separate I would expect to still fully participate with your unit.

I just ran by my unit today and got some of my documents, all they cared about was that my conditional release was in. I have drill this weekend and I'm sure I will start a "checkout" process. I already have a degree, medical done, and active clearance. My OR said im completly PQ'd and we are only waiting for the final select.

My unit is also pretty flexible, this is potentially my last drill and admin just said I need to sign some papers and get all my med/dental records + ESR stuff verified and copied.

I wonder how it works for active duty. I am way from my parent command at the current moment so I do not have the luxury of checking on the status of my acceptance letter, and no one else is going to give a rat ass about it but me.

Matt Ross

Do you know which OCS class you are going to?

zeagle

That's impressive!
makes sense, nope haven't had any type of physical yet. I got my package submitted at the end of the day on Jan 31st and didn't have time to go to MEPS or take a PST - I'm lucky to be here my recruiter worked really hard to get in for this board. How long does it take to schedule an appointment to get your physical? Do pilots need to take a PST?

I think it depends where your MEPS is. My recruiter literally called the lady at the Navy's desk at MEPS and I got my physical done the next day. It's a real quick process, but I didn't need waivers or anything so I guess is just depends on the person. As for the PST, you don't need that stuff for pilot, you just need to pass a PRT before you go to OCS, which is an absolute joke if you are capable of passing a SEAL PST.

I graduate in May, all my recruiter said was to wait.
He put my first available date as June 1st.
I'm not sure if I saw in the other page for the board in Jan, but it looked like if you put an available date that was further off than most then you would be waiting longer to find out your actual class and leave date.

VTFlyer

I wonder how it works for active duty. I am way from my parent command at the current moment so I do not have the luxury of checking on the status of my acceptance letter, and no one else is going to give a rat ass about it but me.

Yeah I know how that goes....I would be hand walking that sucker through the entire process. I can't tell you how many times I had request chits get "lost" on someone's desk

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
I graduate in May, all my recruiter said was to wait.
He put my first available date as June 1st.
I'm not sure if I saw in the other page for the board in Jan, but it looked like if you put an available date that was further off than most then you would be waiting longer to find out your actual class and leave date.

Ok yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the reply. I'm PQd with an active clearance as well. Just finishing up my degree in May.
So the process is: 1. Receive FS >>> 2. Checkout of unit >>> 3. Swear into DEP?
Or is it: 1. Checkout of unit >>> 2. Swear into DEP >>> 3. Receive FS?