• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

VTFlyer

Just found out from my former recruiter that the one reassigned to me never submitted my package, so it looks like I'm waiting on the next board. July still the word for the next board, or is this rolling board looking more like a 4-6 weeks?

Either way, congrats to everyone selected this time around!

I feel ya man, this happened to me too when I moved to a different recruiting district.

VTFlyer

Speaking of raining on parades... WTH is blasting 4 DISLIKES on a thread in one day, especially on a member who has spent so much time assisting candidates on AW? Congrats on your selection, but this post smells of gloating, lack of humility & class!

1. "Armchair recruiter": apparently referring to NavyOffRec - low blow & classless.

2. "Has-beens": - apparently referring to any member with more flight, military & life experience than yoursef; that gives you answers and advice you don't like, or want to hear? NO AW MEMBER on this site with 'Gold Wings' in his avatar is a "has-been", regardless of age, experience or duty status!

3. "Proud Man": Pride/Self confidencc are good traits... but the line can be thin between them and arrogance, and you crossed the line on this thread. Next time you get the urge to push that "dislike" button - think twice!:(
BzB, MAS ERAU '89 - 4200 hr. "has-been"

Prior enlisted:
Navy > Army

:p

BackOrdered

Contributor
*Alot of talking and little listening*

Look, NavyOffRec was just trying to make you aware of the facts. Your best friends in the Wardroom are the ones that are willing to give you the straight facts. Keep blowing off help and see how far that takes you in the fleet. Second, act like a future Naval Officer and show some maturity; disliking NavyOffRec's posts to other users' questions with good gouge is misleading and disingenuous to others seeking information.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
I wont be saying anymore on this because it seems like armchair recruiters on here and has-beens are trying to rain on a proud mans parade by saying crap like, " Their just trying to fill slots, you should have scored better, and they will take any body nowa days."

Sorry if it hurts your feelings, but 100% selection rate pretty much means that "they will take anybody nowa days." No one else seems to care.

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
Sorry if it hurts your feelings, but 100% selection rate pretty much means that "they will take anybody nowa days." No one else seems to care.

I'd rephrase it to "they'll take anyone who meets the competitive minimum" personally. While I can't complain getting the pro-rec with scores slightly below the average on this board, I'd like to think my selection came through some degree of effort and persistence (graduating with honors, studying for the astb, meeting with my OR several times over the course of four months to complete the package). Not just "anybody" will put in the work to get that far.

afsf1

I'd rephrase it to "they'll take anyone who meets the competitive minimum" personally. While I can't complain getting the pro-rec with scores slightly below the average on this board, I'd like to think my selection came through some degree of effort and persistence (graduating with honors, studying for the astb, meeting with my OR several times over the course of four months to complete the package). Not just "anybody" will put in the work to get that far.
Just about "anybody", within reason, would put the work in to get that far...The competitive aspect of getting selected was NOT meeting the minimums and submitting a package, but by scoring well on the ASTB, having a high GPA, etc.

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
So after not getting the call yesterday, and nobody picking up at my recruiter's office. I called a different NRD to find out if I was selected. Highlights of my morning:
  • I originally told my recruiter I'd like to be considered for NFO as my second choice (SWO being my first). Later I even said "can I put it down as my first choice?" He said "okay" to both. Turns out not only was NFO not submitted as my first choice, it wasn't on my APSR at all. I had been put in for SWO and Supply. I never even mentioned supply.
  • I found out I didn't have anthopometric (spelling?) measurements, and I need them.
  • I might need to get a variety of letters related to my circumstances to be considered for the next NFO board.
This comes after not being submitted for the February IDC boards by a different recruiter at the same office.
Words cannot express my frustration anymore.

VTFlyer

So after not getting the call yesterday, and nobody picking up at my recruiter's office. I called a different NRD to find out if I was selected. Highlights of my morning:
  • I originally told my recruiter I'd like to be considered for NFO as my second choice (SWO being my first). Later I even said "can I put it down as my first choice?" He said "okay" to both. Turns out not only was NFO not submitted as my first choice, it wasn't on my APSR at all. I had been put in for SWO and Supply. I never even mentioned supply.
  • I found out I didn't have anthopometric (spelling?) measurements, and I need them.
  • I might need to get a variety of letters related to my circumstances to be considered for the next NFO board.
This comes after not being submitted for the February IDC boards by a different recruiter at the same office.

Words cannot express my frustration anymore.

Thats a tough pill to swollow I'm sure. This is a perfect example of why you fill out your own APSR. I had applied through probably 5 different recruiters and 2 districts, with my most recent recruiter being the best who made sure everything was on the up & up. A couple of the previous ones I had were "inexperienced" to say the least.

zeagle

On a slightly different note, does any lurker out there know why the Navy is selecting all applicants who apply for SNA/SNFO who meet the minimum requirements? What I'm getting at is with all the talk of sequester and air wings shutting down, etc, how does the Navy have such a shortage of pilots/NFOs? Just curious if anyone has any gouge on this and congrats to you all. See you guys in flight school soon!