• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

leotherubz

Hi all, I've been lurking for a while but this is my first time posting. Just wanted to give some more information about the types of candidates that got selected. I was selected for NFO (my first choice), GPA 3.52 ASTB 5/6/6 56, pretty good college.

exNavyOffRec

I never understood which was which, but 5/6/4 was the order it was in.
then 4 was the FOFAR, that means you were not qualified for NFO, not sure why they wouldn't select you for SNA unless they just pro X'd you based on looking at the FOFAR score. Not showing on the select list is different than being on the non select list.

zeagle

then 4 was the FOFAR, that means you were not qualified for NFO, not sure why they wouldn't select you for SNA unless they just pro X'd you based on looking at the FOFAR score. Not showing on the select list is different than being on the non select list.

NavyOffRec isn't the FOFAR the middle score regularly? I think I had a 5/5/4 or something like that when I took the test a long time ago, and I got NFO last year. I know the first score is AQR so it boils down to what the next one is. Looking at McHale's 5/6/4, do you think he would have at least qualified for one of the two, either SNA/SNFO and should've showed up on that board for which he qualified for, it the stats were really 100 percent? Thanks for all your help.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
So what happens now?

Navy Airedale

SNA PRO-REC
I actually have a cac-card reader at home so I was able log in that way and check. Nothing on bupers for me.....Im guessing the reserves just move slower?

Are you already PQ'd?
To be honest, I do not know how to answer that question. If it means completing the medical forms required on the checklist by a certified flight surgeon, then yes.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec isn't the FOFAR the middle score regularly? I think I had a 5/5/4 or something like that when I took the test a long time ago, and I got NFO last year. I know the first score is AQR so it boils down to what the next one is. Looking at McHale's 5/6/4, do you think he would have at least qualified for one of the two, either SNA/SNFO and should've showed up on that board for which he qualified for, it the stats were really 100 percent? Thanks for all your help.

I believe that is correct, so exchange PFAR and FOFAR from my last post.

Matt Ross

Finally got registered on AirWarriors so I can post.

Pro Rec SNA!! I got the call on Monday. Im so excited!

7/7/8 58 3.05 GPA SNA/NFO/SEAL

-23 years old
-Class of 2011 Chico State University, Management Information Systems
-TERP 10 SAP Certification
-High School / College Baseball 6 years
-5 LORs from teachers, past employers
-Currently an Information Systems Engineer at SAP , 1 year
-Many volunteer / community service projects

I'm guessing the only things left are the trip to MEPS, the final select letter and being sworn in. My recruiter did not mention which OCS class I will be going to, probably because I have to wait to pass my physical. Is it too late to go to the March 31st class?
The last time I spoke to him, my records were being sent to MEPS for review. I'm worried that there could be problems, I had minor counseling when i was 6 for Add/ADHD, which was mentioned in my package. Do you think that is an issue? I also had some surgeries in the past from sports but I fully recovered and am in top physical/mental condition. I hope I am not disqualified before the doctors at MEPS can take a look at me. I cannot wait for OCS!

Robert Allen

I've fixed them, now I fly them!

-23 years old

I'm guessing the only things left are the trip to MEPS, the final select letter and being sworn in. My recruiter did not mention which OCS class I will be going to, probably because I have to wait to pass my physical. Is it too late to go to the March 31st class?
The last time I spoke to him, my records were being sent to MEPS for review. I'm worried that there could be problems, I had minor counseling when i was 6 for Add/ADHD, which was mentioned in my package. Do you think that is an issue? I also had some surgeries in the past from sports but I fully recovered and am in top physical/mental condition. I hope I am not disqualified before the doctors at MEPS can take a look at me. I cannot wait for OCS!

As long as ADD/ADHD wasn't not on record for the last 2 or 3 years there should not be a problem.

paddybh1583

OCS 6 OCT 2013

-23 years old

Congrats on the selection. If I'm not mistaken you have to pass a PT test to qualify for SEAL? I imagine if the doctor knows that it would help. I fractured my arm playing high school football and it wasn't an issue at MEPS.

Congrats to all the the other Pro-recs from the March Board

afsf1

-23 years old

You were able to submit to the SEAL board? I was told I cannot submit unless I am already PQ (to take the PST prior to board). Oh well; if I fail the flight physical I know what I am going to push for.

zeagle

-23 years old

Congrats man. It's funny though that you submitted SPECWAR as your number 3 choice. Im sure the SEAL board would've had a few laughs at that.