• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone waiting on MSC boards this year?

JRoy

"Come and Take It"
Based on what Gnar initially said, I was just curious if any official numbers were out.

No, so I far I have only been told I am Pro Board: Y and that was back in October. My recruiter asked me to check with him every week, and I did most recently on Monday. He mentioned that he has not heard anything yet on "accession planning" and that he checks every other day to see if there are updates- but so far nothing yet.

MSCHCA

Just saw the graduation pictures of class 14010 (October ODS class) and the pictures of class 14020 (November ODS class) on the facebook link. So I guess they did have a November class.... looks pretty slim though. Can't wait to get some results. My recruiter just contacted me and stated that, "goals haven't been released yet." The wait continues....

Kan

Yea, it seems NO ONE has ANY information about goals or even the anticipated date to know anything about anything. My connects here in Japan have said that mums the word on when we'll hear back. I couldn't imagine that it'll go on through this month, thenagain, with the services dwindling in numbers, who's to say. They know we'll wait as long as we have to.

Halfpint

AEPnot2B
I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I think there is a lot of waiting because of 15 Jan. I'm hoping you all get news way before then, but all of the uncertainty is, well, uncertain. There is still FY13 money that hasn't been allocated (other areas, not talking about accessions); I can't believe how messed up everything is.

HM3 O

Hurry up and wait. Rumor has it (according to CNN anyways) that the House and Senate are very close to reaching a deal on a two year budget, which among other things, would offset some of the coming defense cuts associated with the sequester. They're saying that they will likely have the budget ready by next week. Plus a two year budget, unlike the current "current resolution", provides some funding certainty to DoD that wasn't there previously. Probably wishful thinking, but this should be a good thing for accessions.

MSCHCA

November ODS class 14020 is graduating on December 20, 2013. They had 46 officers graduating on that class; a bit more than the October class (14010). Hopefully this trend continues and we hear some news soon for the February ODS class (14040).

Reactions: Kan

JRoy

"Come and Take It"
I am probably just adding to the hearsay, but I checked-in with my OR today and he said that word has it possibly next week we will hear something.

Kan

I am probably just adding to the hearsay, but I checked-in with my OR today and he said that word has it possibly next week we will hear something.

My recruiter said that to me about 2 months ago LOL. My wife and I didn't sleep. Do you know if it had to do with any budget resolutions?

Kan

I have a kid thats due Dec. 22, so sleep is no longer an option at this point.

How crazy would it be if we report to the same ODS class?!!??

MSCHCA

Just got word from my OR.

PRB: Alternate, cannot make any selections until the accession plan is signed and released.

These results are for me specifically, but I'm still quite uncertain about what this means. Does this mean that "everyone" is an alternate until the accession plan is released, or does this mean that primaries have been selected and I just happenned to be an alternate again this year? Does anyone have a clue what this means?

exNavyOffRec

Just got word from my OR.

PRB: Alternate, cannot make any selections until the accession plan is signed and released.

These results are for me specifically, but I'm still quite uncertain about what this means. Does this mean that "everyone" is an alternate until the accession plan is released, or does this mean that primaries have been selected and I just happenned to be an alternate again this year? Does anyone have a clue what this means?

It could be both of what you described, either they made some primary selections and you are an alternate or they could be listing everyone as alternate until the accession plan is signed.

OSUrower

I am in a similar boat (I think). I also have my kit in for an MSC career. I have a couple questions that maybe someone can answer.

How long is the wait after the Board reviews the packet? I applied for to a DCO slot in the MSC as an 1865 (medical technologist). My interviews with officers in the community already went well and the head of the reserve community (a CDR) called me in early Dec with a couple questions before he sent my kit to the Board. Is there a lot of wait after the Board convenes and decides?

That same Commander told me that the Board would review it when it has its first meeting in Jan 2014. Does anyone have an idea as to when that is? All I could find was the pdf that states that MSC kits need to be in 2 weeks before the next Board and that the board meets every 2 weeks.

Thanks for any and all help!

Kan

I am in a similar boat (I think). I also have my kit in for an MSC career. I have a couple questions that maybe someone can answer.

How long is the wait after the Board reviews the packet? I applied for to a DCO slot in the MSC as an 1865 (medical technologist). My interviews with officers in the community already went well and the head of the reserve community (a CDR) called me in early Dec with a couple questions before he sent my kit to the Board. Is there a lot of wait after the Board convenes and decides?

That same Commander told me that the Board would review it when it has its first meeting in Jan 2014. Does anyone have an idea as to when that is? All I could find was the pdf that states that MSC kits need to be in 2 weeks before the next Board and that the board meets every 2 weeks.

Thanks for any and all help!

Your guess is as good as mine as far as the wait to hear back goes. From what I've been hearing here, though, the board that met in October for MSC HCAs will have the results posted by mid-Jan, now that Congress has addressed the budget dilemmas.

Probably going to be a while, at least a month.