• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone waiting on MSC boards this year?

MSCHCA

This is my second time applying for a direct commission into the MSC as an HCA. Does anyone know when the MSC direct commission board convenes? I've been on usnavyocs.com and military.com forums looking for info on this, but apparently this is one of the most secret boards in the Navy. It's now late September and I haven't heard of MSC quotas for FY14. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Halfpint

AEPnot2B
This is my second time applying for a direct commission into the MSC as an HCA. Does anyone know when the MSC direct commission board convenes? I've been on usnavyocs.com and military.com forums looking for info on this, but apparently this is one of the most secret boards in the Navy. It's now late September and I haven't heard of MSC quotas for FY14. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I'm in the same boat. Your recruiter will get an announcment regarding the boards, but here have to be slots available . From what I understand, all MSC quotas were zeroed out for FY13 (of which we are mercifully nearing the end), so it's possible they may have to wait until October to convene (I don't understand this, because obviously all new accessions would be for FY14 at this point, but I just think they have not been allotted the slots yet yet). I kept asking about the same thing, both to my recruiter as well as the community to which I am applying, and it's like everything is on hold right now. The last I heard wasthat there was supposed to be a board in late August and two in Septmber, but I don't know if they ever convened. Is your package ready to go? I would think that having your kit, complete with medical, ready to go for when the quotas open up, would be ideal. Please take this with a grain of salt, as I am still just a fellow applicant; the recruiters on here may know more (although direct accessions process a bit differently from OCS candidates, I think).

MSCHCA

I was actually selected as an alternate last year, so my packet has technically been complete since last year. I had to update some docs such as resume and security clearance forms, but other than that, it was pretty much the same. I also had to do another interview and added it to this year's kit. As far as the boards, I got different word... From what I was told by my OR, there has not been any boards this year. I also talked to my processor at NRC and she told me that my kit had been submitted, but that it won't go to board until after October 1st. I thought the wait last year was terrible, but this year is even worse!!! I hope someone chimes in with good info on these boards because right now I'm pretty "lost in the sauce..."

Halfpint

AEPnot2B
Oh, gotcha. This hurry up and wait is killing me, although my stop on the commissioning express may be coming sooner than I planned--I'm still trying to get through medical, and even after having waivers recommended by NAMI for my flight physical, I am having a hard time getting N3M/BUMED (still not clear on which I am dealing with) to recommend a waiver for my heinous nearsightedness (I did things a bit backwards). Good luck, MSC; I hope the new fiscal year brings you good news! Please update if you find out anything new regarding the boards.

MSCHCA

Yep... . saw this Pdf about two weeks ago, but it doesn't show dates, just frequency of boards. Thanks for looking though. They should happen every two weeks... once they get going. I just don't know when that is...

MSCHCA

Last year I heard that there were about 12 slots for HCAs; this year, who knows. You're right about the misleading part... It makes it seem like there will be continuous boards throughout the year, when in fact the boards for FY13 had found all of their candidates before CY12 was over.

MSCHCA

Just read on Military.com forum that the board may have been held last Thursday. So results should be coming soon.... hopefully.

Halfpint

AEPnot2B
I'm out--PDQ by N3M, so my journey stops here before even submitting to a board. Best of luck to you and others.

MSCHCA

That's too bad Halfpint... I'm sorry to hear that. I'm hoping to get some news, whether good or bad, soon. Thanks for posting your updated status on here; it lets future applicants know that applying for a commission in the MSC is not a walk in the park. Take care and good luck in your future endeavors.

MSCHCA

Thanks RUFiO181, my kit's been submitted since mid-August. I am already PQ'ed, just waiting on the board to review my kit.

JRoy

"Come and Take It"
Hi MSCHCA, I am in the same boat and waiting to hear back. I was wondering if you heard anything yet?