• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone waiting on MSC boards this year?

MSCHCA

I wish I did... I'm going nuts over here!!! It also doesn't help that the country is in dispute with itself. I'm sure that this shutdown is causing the delays; we should have at least heard about quotas for this year, and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm also monitoring Military.com forums and usnavyocs.com for updates. I'll post on all three if I hear something. Good luck!!

JRoy

"Come and Take It"
I just checked in with my recruiter and he mentioned that government shutdown shouldn't have an affect regarding the boards.

MSCHCA

I think that's what it says in the article. Either way, shutdown or not, I'd like to hear something soon.

JRoy

"Come and Take It"
My recruiter just told me that the deadline for the board to convene is November 8th, but he is thinking that it will happen sometime before the end of October. I am a little confused though because he told me we should know by the end of September, and then that changed to the beginning of October and now its late October. I am still relatively new to the overall process so maybe I am missing a piece of understanding. I am also not sure what the turnaround is to find out the results after the board convenes. MSCHCA, how long did it take you to find out the results last year after you knew the board was convened- do you know by chance? I did not hear the about the results last year for a while.

MSCHCA

JRoy, my package went in a little late last year, but i found out about two weeks later that I was an alternate. This year has been kind of crazy because of the delays in boards. These boards should've started convening first week of October... at the latest. I had heard that this year the boards were going to start meeting as early as September, but I guess that wasn't the case. I've learned to be patient, although it's extremely difficult. Stay strong and positive, we'll hear something soon.

JRoy

"Come and Take It"
So I heard back from my recruiter that I am pro-req: Y and that we are waiting on an accession determination to see if I am a final select. Can anyone provide a little more insight as to what that means and at one point in the process this? I am a humble guy and I understand that I am not selected yet but just wanted get a better idea for what point in board review process this is and what is left. I have tried to research on this site, but have been unlucky- maybe using the wrong key words.

exNavyOffRec

When I heard that term used it means they are looking to see if they have billets available, it is possible and I have seen this where a person is Pro Y but the accession plan doesn't support what was selected so then a person can be issued a "no quota" letter that says while you were Pro Y we don't have a spot.

JRoy

"Come and Take It"
Thank you for the information NavyOffRec. I guess it depends on the designator, but do you know how long it takes to find out after you have been told you are Pro Req Y. Can it be several weeks to several months?

MSCHCA

JRoy, what's your specialty? and are you in any special program like HSCP, STA-21, MSC IPP, or are you just Direct Accession? The reason why I ask is because I've heard of updates from different people at different stages despite the fact that we're all MSC applicants. I know that for myself as an MSC HCA direct accession, we haven't had any boards as of yet.

JRoy

"Come and Take It"
Thats interesting- so the boards are still convening then? I am a civilian and also applied for MSC HCA Direct Accession. The only thing that I have been able to get out of my recruiter was that he checked CIRIMS and saw that I was Pro-Rec: Y and that now we are waiting on an accession determination to see if I am a final select but he is not sure of the timeline.

HM3 O

JRoy,

My Situation is similar to yours. I was told last week Pro-Rec yes for HSCP HCA, and that they are waiting on an accession determination. However, because I'm applying for a FY 15 accession, our "accession planning" might look different. Good luck.

MSCHCA

Wow!!! Congratulations HM3 and JRoy... that's awesome. I did hear about the HSCP results being out already, but JRoy is the first person that I've heard about regarding direct accession. Myself and several others have been patiently waiting on the direct accession board to meet for weeks now, and we haven't heard "anything" regarding boards having met yet. There have been talks about it meeting this week though... so, I'm still keeping my hopes up.