• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone waiting on MSC boards this year?

MSCHCA

Hope you're right Kan. I got the word that I was selected, but as an alternate. So we'll see once the accession plan is released. I'll either be really pumped or really disappointed, only time will tell.

HM3 O

I just saw that a dental HSCP applicant found out he was final selected. Two different communities, with two different board schedules and accession goals, but still good to see some movement with accessions.

Kan

Hope you're right Kan. I got the word that I was selected, but as an alternate. So we'll see once the accession plan is released. I'll either be really pumped or really disappointed, only time will tell.

I think you'll be selected. I'll pray for us both. For all of us even.

Kan

I just saw that a dental HSCP applicant found out he was final selected. Two different communities, with two different board schedules and accession goals, but still good to see some movement with accessions.

Yeah it is good to hear that things are moving in other areas. Gives me hope that news is trickling out.

MSCHCA

People are starting to get news, which should mean that the accession plan has been signed and released. I've been notified by three people yesterday alone that they had been "Final Selected." The stream of updates is flowing better now, and the kidney stone of the accession plan has finally passed!!

Kan

That's awesome man!!! Wonder how many spots are available. So what are the tiers? What else is there besides "final selected"? I havent heard anything about my application to this point. I know the specialty leader reviewed it, but I dont know what the outcomes is. I don't even know if the board reviewed it. I have faith, though, just wish I could have more information.

HM3 O

I found out yesterday that I was a final select for HSCP HCA. I would expect everyone to know this week. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back.

Kan

Is that a different board? The Direct Accession board and the IPP program are different

Kan

sorry, I meant HSCP and Dir. Acc have different selections process. DA avail spots are derived differently, since we'd be active duty at the LTJG level. if you guys know DA applicants that have found out, please share that.

Oh yea, And CONGRATS HM3!!!!!! That's a big deal!!

HM3 O

Sorry to give false hope. I stand corrected. I was going off of the FY14 board schedule pdf circulating. Board # 14-320 "Medical Service Corps DA, DCO, and STUDENT BOARD" kind of groups us all together so I assumed decisions would be made for the various programs around the same time. Maybe wishful thinking on my end. I was thinking the two-year budget that was just passed would allow bumed and bupers to plan accessions for both the immediate future (DA, DCO) and for the next few years (student programs). Either way, I hope you all find out very soon. Thanks too for the congratulations Kan! Excited to start my naval career as an MSC officer next year.

Kan

I def submitted my app in Oct., so i hope I'm at least up for consideration. Are we absolutely certain about those numbers? Why wouldn't our OR relay this info?

Gnar

Just found out from my OR that the board convenes next week on my AEP package. Not sure if this is the same board that looks at you HCA gentlemen though.
Question: Does this mean I could find out if I am go or no-go next week?

Navyhopeful5

I'm not familiar with all the specialties...what is AEP? Is the board only for that specialty? It unfortunate that we all have to piece together different pieces of information on a public forum to try to figure out what is going on. I'm still not sure on my status or if the DA plan has been signed and my OR is out of the office more often than not.