• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ammo, Ammo, Ammo

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, I find it interesting that the Nazis used the Reichstag Fire as a reason to start their consolidation of power in the 1930s....
I just hope the Mexican Drug War and issues within the United States don't allow similar things to happen...

First off, you violated Godwin's Law

Secondly, you can't be serious?! Comparing the conditions of Weimar Germany and present-day America is a real stretch. Read up on the conditions in Germany at that time, then sit back and look at life here today and you will find very few parallels.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
First off, you violated Godwin's Law

Secondly, you can't be serious?! Comparing the conditions of Weimar Germany and present-day America is a real stretch. Read up on the conditions in Germany at that time, then sit back and look at life here today and you will find very few parallels.

Yay for Godwin's Law! ;)

You'd better tell the news media that... not me. My BA revolved around 20th Century European history and politics, I also visited Weimar while studying in Germany; I'm fully aware of how things were then*. I'm also fully aware of how "bad" our news outlets make things sound and how most of our country follows right along eating it all up while blaming the Republicans, big business, and so on.

We've already got our ascension to power through powerful rhetoric during very uncertain times coupled with perceived threats such as our new 'depression,' the Mexican Drug War, two unpopular wars, etc.

Mind you I'm going out on a limb here, but as a student of history I find the discussion interesting.

*If we keep pulling trillions of dollars out thin air to bail out failed companies and to subsidize liberal programs we may very well be buying loaves of bread with a wheelbarrow full of greenbacks.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was ist das für einen Unsinn? You're beyond going out on a limb. When the President was elected, no one was buying bread with wheelbarrows of money or firing their furnace with used greenbacks. The unemployment rate was in the single digits and there are no paramilitary organizations under arms contesting the political process. Democrats and Republicans are (usually) not resorting to physical violence to alter the election process. We are not subject to crushing reparations payments to another country, nor have we lost a war and been humiliated as a nation by the terms of defeat.

As another student of history, for the love of God, please put down the bong.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
Not sure where I came out and said circa 2008 USA was the EXACT same as Weimar Germany??

Once again, talk to the news media and those that blindly follow along... I'm not the one painting the horrible picture.

All I'm trying to get across is that one charismatic man was able to take one BS reason and blow the whole thing out of proportion, leading to a HUGE reduction in personal freedoms. I just hope it doesn't happen here using the failed state of Mexico as a reason.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Politicians need to be smacked in their greasy, slimeball face. How is making it a law to not sell AR's going to keep "terrorists" from getting one?

I'm sure when they sit down in their meeting of terror, that it will probably go like this:

"Ok, guys... Sam, tell your mom thanks for those brownies--delicious. But that doesn't mean she doesn't have to blow herself up next week in the market...

Now, we have been entertaining the thought of acquiring more assault rifles for our cause--"

"umm... sir?"

"What is it?"

"Well, sir. They recently re-enacted the ban on assault weapons and we can't buy them legally anymore."

"What? You serious? My God... I... I didn't see this coming. How on earth are we going to acquire these weapons if we can't purchase them legally?? ... well played, Mr. Obama... well played"

sodajones

Combat Engineer
I'm glad the Dems recognize that messing with firearms is a stick they don't want to cross. Thank God for the NRA and its members for putting the fear of God and threat to job security of the Dems.

The whole subject makes me sick.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All I'm trying to get across is that one charismatic man was able to take one BS reason and blow the whole thing out of proportion, leading to a HUGE reduction in personal freedoms. I just hope it doesn't happen here using the failed state of Mexico as a reason.
OK, I'll certainly agree with you on that.

2ndGen

Third times a charm
Out of stock ammo?

I have been stocking up slowly, but in the last few months, Nobody in my city has 9mm, which is what I need. The Big 5 in my town just got a shipment of 9 this morning, and by the time I go there at 4pm, the only thing they had was Remington 115 gr. UMC. 50 round boxes for $15.00!! I'm used to paying $20 for a hundred rounds of Winchester White Box FMJs at walmart.

I heard Walmart was phasing out guns and ammo, but nobody has 9mm, .357 or .38 in stock. Whats going on?

eyes2theskies

Hungry for Flight
Just passing on the words of my gun guy, who says everybody's been stocking up - you, me, the folks down the street, grandmas polishing their old 38 specials - even suppliers are stockpiling their own ammo, refusing to distribute to stores.
Reasoning is, if metals and tangible goods substantially increase in price (as some predict), inventory will be worth a lot more to those suppliers down the road than it is now.
Also, many stores hadn't adequately prepared for the election of our new Commander in Chief. There is usually an increase in gun and ammo sales when power shifts left; for whatever reason, stores weren't stocked for the stockpiling masses this time around.
So I hear.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I'm sure when they sit down in their meeting of terror, that it will probably go like this:

"Ok, guys... Sam, tell your mom thanks for those brownies--delicious. But that doesn't mean she doesn't have to blow herself up next week in the market...

Now, we have been entertaining the thought of acquiring more assault rifles for our cause--"

"umm... sir?"

"What is it?"

"Well, sir. They recently re-enacted the ban on assault weapons and we can't buy them legally anymore."

"What? You serious? My God... I... I didn't see this coming. How on earth are we going to acquire these weapons if we can't purchase them legally?? ... well played, Mr. Obama... well played"

I couldn't help but hear the voices of Family Guy when I read that...:D

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
For years I have had great luck buying ammo over the internet. In fact I can't remember the last time I bought anything in a retail store other than the odd box here or there.

Let Google and UPS do the work.

H60Gunner

Contributor
I'm with Rocketman on that.

Although I did pick up a couple of boxes of .357sig last week at the brick and mortar Cabelas store here. They were sitting on the shelf looking lonely so I took them home.....

2Blades

"Chester" 4 blades transition
pilot
Also hard to find .45 Auto ammo. I spent about $30 for a box of 100 rounds from Wal Mart.