• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ammo, Ammo, Ammo

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
GODDAMMIT!

Article 88 Article 88 Article 88

Any repubs that crumble if this goes up for a vote need to be smoked HARD in their reelection bids. I'm already a member of the NRA, it's probably time to contribute a little more and get that lifetime member card. This bill needs to die on the floor.

That being said, can anyone point me in the right direction on where to order a reputable AR type rifle, or build my own? This is pure bullshit, on so many levels.
Agreed. But relax; there is no bill. The administration is just calling on Congress to pass one.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Roger, probably a little premature to blow a gasket...

Either way, do you doubt that Senators Pelosi and Reid didn't mess their undies when the AG put this out? I'm sure they're ginning something awesomely retarded up as we gnash our teeth and wring our hands right now.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Now isn't a great time to buy/build an AR-15 (unless you think they will get banned soon). I bought a stripped lower a couple years ago for $70. Now if you are lucky enough to make it on a waiting list they are going for $250+. At least locally.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Either way, do you doubt that Senators Pelosi and Reid didn't mess their undies when the AG put this out? I'm sure they're ginning something awesomely retarded up as we gnash our teeth and wring our hands right now.
I'm sure they are thrilled. What I wonder is whether Senator Webb and people like him will toe the line, and whether any other Republicans will knuckle under like they did for the stimulus bill. If the GOP has a hair on their collective ass, they will fight this tooth and nail.

This isn't the early 90's; crime isn't soaring, and we've had five years without the ban to determine its effectiveness via empirical data, as if either side has the balls to look at it objectively. Also, with the Heller decision, I could see an AWB getting litigated almost right off the bat, and I bet there will be constitutional issues raised in the debate.

What makes me want to vomit is the use of the violence in Mexico as an excuse to ban guns here. When the hell did we become responsible for their country?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Any round is a cop-killer round if you put said round in his noggin. These type of "let's stop the violence!" liberal buzz-words annoy me.

xmid

pilot
Contributor

http://www.essentialarms.com/ieLOWERSANDPARTS.HTML

They have them in stock for $100... About as good as you're going to get nowadays...

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Agreed. But relax; there is no bill. The administration is just calling on Congress to pass one.

Agreed but the problem is price and availability. It was real bad after the election and now it will be much worse if that's possible. By the end of the weekend there won't be an AR or M1A on the shelf anywhere for any price.

Things will cool off some before anything passes if it does. You have to roll the dice and decide if now is a good time or a bad time to buy. Time will tell.

It's going to be fun to watch how(if) this goes down.....

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Have any of ya'll read Gen. McCaffrey (by my estimation no rabid gun-banner)'s AAR from his Mexico visit, summing up the current narco-insugency in Mexico?:
Scrol to page 6, Section 6-D
http://www.mccaffreyassociates.com/pdfs/Mexico_AAR_-_December_2008.pdf
(he does claim these are "automatic weapons" smuggled from the US but I'm willing to believe that's conflated with "semi-automatic"; as many have argued here, losing full-auto doesn't make much of a difference in lethality.) He claims that 90% of these weapons are smuggled across the US border, most purchased from licensed dealers, and that US law enforcement is unresponsive to concerns about weapons, bulk cash, and precursor chemicals crossing the border.

One such dealer is being prosecuted for selling as many as 600 to smugglers.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/26borders.html?_r=1

By many measures, the violence in Mexico is reaching a crisis level and starting to spill over into the U.S., with a rash of cartel kidnappings in Phoenix, now the main gateway for drugs into the U.S.

I think an AWB is a stupid measure to combat the violence down south, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the problems in Mexico as not our damn problem. It's gone past a crime wave into a serious threat to the stability of their government. If anything, it's an argument for better border controls to stem the flow of guns south and cartel violence north.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
This is why Congressmen who vote on an assault weapons ban think a barrel shroud is a "shoulder thing that goes up." (Google that if you want to raise your blood pressure) Why the Attorney General can talk about "cop-killer bullets," and why the term "assault weapon" even exists. People are trying to regulate things they don't understand, and which either scare them on a subliminal level, or which they realize they can use to gain power over the populace.

found it,

Its weird that I can both laugh and get royally pissed at the same time.

but notice instead of first acknowledging her lack of understanding, she starts to spew the bs.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Have any of ya'll read Gen. McCaffrey (by my estimation no rabid gun-banner)'s AAR from his Mexico visit, summing up the current narco-insugency in Mexico?:
Scrol to page 6, Section 6-D
http://www.mccaffreyassociates.com/pdfs/Mexico_AAR_-_December_2008.pdf
(he does claim these are "automatic weapons" smuggled from the US but I'm willing to believe that's conflated with "semi-automatic"; as many have argued here, losing full-auto doesn't make much of a difference in lethality.) He claims that 90% of these weapons are smuggled across the US border, most purchased from licensed dealers, and that US law enforcement is unresponsive to concerns about weapons, bulk cash, and precursor chemicals crossing the border.

One such dealer is being prosecuted for selling as many as 600 to smugglers.

Sounds like they need to throw the dealer in jail if he's convicted. The law already provides for that remedy. Which part of any new assault weapon "ban" would prevent that?

It's all bullshit anyway. This was just a creative way to get it started. If it wasn't this it would have been something else.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
barrel-shroud.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
GODDAMMIT!

Article 88 Article 88 Article 88

Pathetic excuse, pathetic excuse, pathetic excuse.

Seriously, can you not make a coherent argument without personal insults. They do nothing to advance your case and make you look like an idiot. Think before you type.

axisofoil

A. Would those be banned under a new AWB? I don't think they were under the 1994 ban... Don't quote me on that though.
B. Where can I get one so it can be grandfathered in if it will be banned?
C. Anyone know a reputable dealer so I can get a Five-Seven before it gets banned? It will probably be the FIRST handgun on a list of "cop-killer"s... if they know what they're talking about.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Pathetic excuse, pathetic excuse, pathetic excuse.

Seriously, can you not make a coherent argument without personal insults. They do nothing to advance your case and make you look like an idiot. Think before you type.

I'm sorry. Maybe it should have gone something like I'm sure the honorable Senators are coming up with a coherent, acceptable plan to enforce current laws, as well as backing up their assertions that these dangerous weapons are going to stay out of the hands of those who do not have the right to possess them....

oh wait. that would have been a lie.

and idiot? come on, what happened to the leaving personal insults out of it...