• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Academy Cancels Herndon

phrogpilot73

In for the hat trick - I never heard of Princess Leia while I was there... And I managed to be in 3 different companies (yup, I was in one of the shitbag companies when we went from 36 to 30).

As for 98 holding the record - yup, we still do. Sweet.

Did you hear what happened to the bitch that used all that tape? When 98+1 was doing Herndon (and she was out of her room), a couple of our classmates grabbed all of her uniforms, and her mattress... They laid the uniforms on the mattress, folded it in half and used and insane amount of packing tape to keep it that way. They even left her a note: "Let's see if it takes you less than 4 hours."

Not only is Riordan's closed (I don't know the story there, is it closed closed, or closed for renovations closed?), but Griffin's is now "The Federal House Inn". Gay.

JBM

Gainfully Employeed
None
They guy who owned Riordan's tried to sell it and had a buyer but it fell through. He was retiring so he just shut it down. I'm sure someday something will pick up there, but it just won't be the same.

Oh, and the Federal House is GAAAAY. Griffin's was classic. As of last summer they were about the same at night, but the menu changed for the worse.

Another side note, do they still have Tiki-Tuesdays? Those were a good time, but you could alwasy count on a SEL ready to brathalize when we came home after them.

phrogpilot73

Oh, and the Federal House is GAAAAY. Griffens was classic. As of last sumer they were about the same at night, but the menu changed for the worse.
I couldn't agree more on the gay part. I went shortly after they changed the name (Griffin's was still plastered everywhere), and the menu was the same. I haven't been back since, so I doubt that I'll find out if it sucks now.

Surprisingly, I would have thought that living in Odenton, I'd spend more time in DTA... However, Odenton has grown quite a bit since I left USNA and has a number of good restaurants right here.

However, since PSW's command has a lot of their functions in Annapolis I end up in DTA every now and then...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Riordan's Chicken Bacon Cheddar melt was my favorite. Deep fried chicken strips, bacon, cheddar cheese and mayo on a bun dipped in ranch with the only healthy thing a slice of lettuce. Oh man, that was a meal.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did you hear what happened to the bitch that used all that tape? When 98+1 was doing Herndon (and she was out of her room), a couple of our classmates grabbed all of her uniforms, and her mattress... They laid the uniforms on the mattress, folded it in half and used and insane amount of packing tape to keep it that way. They even left her a note: "Let's see if it takes you less than 4 hours."

Please explain for the unwashed. Tape? B!tch?

phrogpilot73

Please explain for the unwashed. Tape? B!tch?
98 has the longest time on record to complete the Herdon climb. 4 hrs, 5 min, 17 sec if memory serves correct. We beat the previous longest time by almost an hour.

A certain member of the class of '97 (a female) put the dixie cup on the top, but flattened it first and used superglue and packing tape to hold it in place. In the video, you can see the packing tape stretching a good 1-2 feet down the monument. We couldn't even see/find the cover. Our former NSW classmate got two fingers in it, and was able to pull him self up and then sawed away at it with an anchor from the combo cover. Still took him about 10 minutes once he was sitting on top of Herndon.

Needless to say, she's not a favorite of the class of '98...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
98 has the longest time on record to complete the Herdon climb. 4 hrs, 5 min, 17 sec if memory serves correct. We beat the previous longest time by almost an hour.

A certain member of the class of '97 (a female) put the dixie cup on the top, but flattened it first and used superglue and packing tape to hold it in place. In the video, you can see the packing tape stretching a good 1-2 feet down the monument. We couldn't even see/find the cover. Our former NSW classmate got two fingers in it, and was able to pull him self up and then sawed away at it with an anchor from the combo cover. Still took him about 10 minutes once he was sitting on top of Herndon.

Needless to say, she's not a favorite of the class of '98...

That is not even in good fun, that is just plain mean. I wonder if she beat the record trying to get her uniforms out of her mattress. Good comeback by your class.

Thanks!

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Anyone around for the attack on 9th and 10th companies? Total chaos with all of 2nd Batt smelling like ass for the next month or so. Words cannot even begin to describe what happened.

JBM

Gainfully Employeed
None
I think my class (07) was close. We were the slowest in since 2002 at least. We took over two hours. someone made the mistake of putting up a combo cover without removing the dixie cup first.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I think my class (07) was close. We were the slowest in since 2002 at least. We took over two hours. someone made the mistake of putting up a combo cover without removing the dixie cup first.

Yeah, but we climbed it twice, remember?

phrogpilot73

That's not even remotely close.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Donlon's is actually closed...it's now called Stan and Joe's Saloon....definitely sucks now. I think the coolest wildman i've seen since i've been here was when a plebe got in the ceiling tiles above the anchor, then soaked the brigade xo when she got up to make announcements. it was classic.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
tiki tuesday's are still going strong...but no liberty on Tuesdays kinda screws us there.