• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Academy Cancels Herndon

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I think that issuing cranials and float coats will solve any fall hazards, as long as we surround Herdon with a 20' deep saltwater pool.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I think that issuing cranials and float coats will solve any fall hazards, as long as we surround Herdon with a 20' deep saltwater pool.

You're not thinking out of the box. Float coats and cranials are paid for out of a different pot of money than giant robotic elevators, so while it may seem cheaper at the moment, in the long run the money spent on the giant robotic elevator will be good for the contractors........I mean academy.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Don't forget harnesses. Grrr...you just triggered a cruise flash back...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Some traditions never need to be "reviewed", ever. I feel for you guys who are there now. Only 4 years ago it was a much different place. Off topic, how was Army week with that Mideast peace conference there and all?

I agree. This is too much tradition. Too many things like this are happening. It's frustrating... o well... maybe my class will be able to claim the last Herndon. :eek: Unfortunately, it's not something I really want to claim... definitely think it should be around still...

Anyway, Army week? First couple days was nonexistant. After that it was pretty fun. In 5th Batt we had it locked up almost immediately; all of Batt area was trashed insanely. There was just stains and who knows what ALL over the place. But, we cleaned up as a Batt pretty well and we got to do some other things. But still, it gets tamer and tamer. This year, they banned and really enforced no Wildmans or Princess Leia's, assasinations, Beat Army's and whatnot. Kind of lame in King/Dalhgren. All in the name of making things less like the past Academy and more like the fleet... No comment past that on my part.

EvilGN

pilot
I dont even know, but does the great class of 98 still hold the record for longest time taken to replace the cover?

Thanks '98-1 for the great tape job.....

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
This year, they banned and really enforced no Wildmans or Princess Leia's, assasinations, Beat Army's and whatnot. Kind of lame in King/Dalhgren. All in the name of making things less like the past Academy and more like the fleet... No comment past that on my part.

What are Wildmans and Princess Leia's?

I'm a NROTC guy. I don't know.

Do you mean that wouldn't let you say, "Beat Army?"

I thought half the point of the Academy was to be like the "past Academy." Not that I'm a huge USNA fan by any means, but the "past Academy" seemed to be good enough for Chester Nimitz, Bull Halsey, and Jim Webb. Actually, I'm only sure that Jim Webb went there, but WTF, it sounds good.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
This year, they banned and really enforced no Wildmans or Princess Leia's, assasinations, Beat Army's and whatnot. Kind of lame in King/Dalhgren. All in the name of making things less like the past Academy and more like the fleet... No comment past that on my part.

They've been saying that ever since my youngster year (2002).

EvilGN

pilot
wildman=freshman dumping a pitcher of water on an upperclasses head and bolting down one of the alleys they are not suppose to be in. Beat army=drinking something horrible and yelling beat army afterward.

I have no idea what a princess leia is???????????????

a_m

None

Princess Leia= putting peanut butter on the tops of 2 hamburger buns and sticking them on the ears of an unpopular upperclass, rendering them similar to the princess leia haircut.

Junior

pilot
Plebe spreads peanut butter on two pieces of bread then sneaks up behind an upperclassman and presses the peanut butter sides of the bread to each ear. If they gave you the pretzel rolls that day it makes the victim look like Princess Leia.

EDIT: too slow

EvilGN

pilot
that is awesome....interesting that I had never heard of that, or that it is new since I was there, but a great prank non the less

a_m

None
that is awesome....interesting that I had never heard of that, or that it is new since I was there, but a great prank non the less

Were you there before star wars or something? I seemed like it had been there a while when I showed up.