• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Academy Cancels Herndon

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
They've been saying that ever since my youngster year (2002).

Yeah, well, Plebe Year (last year) they said it and it wasn't enforced, as I imagine has been the case since your youngster year. This year, a plebe would get up and people would be cheering for him during a "Beat Army," and SEL's, Company Officers/OOW, and appropriate Batt Cdrs would go over and just straight up fry everyone.

But, there was one REALLY good wildman. Think about this, since mine and several other companies are eating in Dahlgren... a few ski-mask covered plebes with full garbage (like, the home pickup size) cans full of water and dump them on a bunch of squads from above while yelling "BEAT ARMY!" It was beautiful. About 1/2 of an entire company was soaked.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Just wondering, how often could an of age firstie get breathalyzed in a given month? What are the punishments?

I think there's an earlier thread discussing this. It differs by company I think. In mine, we get brethalyzed every weekend at least. Occasionally, they'll also throw in a Sunday night or a random weeknight also. Punishments range from formal counseling, being fried, or as far as separation. Blowing under a .08 on a libo night and being of age is acceptable. Above a .08 is some trouble, worsens the more it's repeated. Above a .15 (and again, this may differ by company), and you start getting into real hot water.

EvilGN

pilot
naw i was class of 98, just had never heard of or seen that (princess leia)...not sure if it got more popular after the new star wars movies had come out (after I lefT)

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
naw i was class of 98, just had never heard of or seen that...not sure if it got more popular after the new star wars movies had come out (after I lefT)

Maybe you were just unpopular............

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Last year (06) a plebe in 7 stood up and shouted the speech from Braveheart and at the end all the plebes threw the water pitchers and cups everywhere and bolted. It was done so well all the upperclass in company and surrounding were left speechless and sat there for several seconds until we realized what really happened. Hall brawls with upperclass with the occasional shaving cream bomb thrown in are priceless. Oh, are you guys back in King yet, or are they still doing the renovations?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Were you there before star wars or something? I seemed like it had been there a while when I showed up.
I think EvilGN and I are classmates, and I have never heard of Princess Leia's. Phrogpilot73 would give us the hat trick.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Never heard of Princess Leias, but I approve. In keeping with the spirit of things. Glad Hall Brawls aren't forgotten.

How 'bout Assasinations? Distract an upperclassman at tables while a classmate low-crawls in unobserved, ninja-style, to smear the upperclassman's nice shiny shoes with a condiment of choice. Ketchup/mustard and other squirt-bottle standoff weapons are for pansies...real men get in close with the chunky peanut butter.

We had an exchange Woop in my squad plebe year. Nice guy, but he didn't have a servicable uniform left by Wednesday night of Army week.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
My wife keeps telling me that she wants to go see where I went to school, but after all this, I'm almost ashamed to let her. Maybe I'll go get drunk at Riordan's and see if they'll breathalize me, too. What do I win if I break .3? Oh, wait. Riordan's is either closing or closed already.

Anyone know if Sean Donlon's is still open?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Riordan's is closing!?! Say it ain't so! Only really decent burger-and-fries in DTA (Pepperjack Burger....mmmm....)

I took Mrs Fester to see the Yard. Talk about worlds colliding, walking around the scene of my torments with my bride. She went to Regular College and then did OCS, one more reason she's smarter than me.

JBM

Gainfully Employeed
None
Riordan's is officially closed. I did manage to pick up a nice shirt there on it's final night. Too bad, that place helped me forget about the academy during my time there. The Chrisfield was awesome too. Chicken and crab dip with peperjack cheese...

As far as the OP is concerned. They "cancelled" herndon my plebe year at least twice second semester, but we still got to climb the Thursday prior to commisioning week.