• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
For those of you who had LASIK, how long did it take for you to go to MEPS?

I’m post 6 months LASIK as of this month, just waiting on MEPS.
I had EPI-LASIK (PRK) and I was kind of late in filling out my pre screen stuff so that took about a month to clear. If I had filled out the pre screen stuff earlier I would've been cleared at the 6-Month mark. I went through meps no issues with my eyes, and no questions asked about them. You have to wait though to submit the Lasik Waiver right at that 6-month mark because of the post op notes for that on the waiver. So give it about a month submit all notes from it.

One side note, submit everything. If you had asthma theyll see it, if you had a skin rash theyll see it, a bruise and you went to the doctor theyll see it. So submit anything you went to the doctor for ESPECIALLY MEDS. I had forgot about a lot now i'm stuck waiting to hear back after resubmitting all the stuff they found/I forgot about. Even if it was when you were 5 years old.

Call your old pediatrician and ask for past diagnosis. Any past diagnosis is what MEPS will see (dont quote me on that, that is what they saw for me).

CC2224Clone

I had EPI-LASIK (PRK) and I was kind of late in filling out my pre screen stuff so that took about a month to clear. If I had filled out the pre screen stuff earlier I would've been cleared at the 6-Month mark. I went through meps no issues with my eyes, and no questions asked about them. You have to wait though to submit the Lasik Waiver right at that 6-month mark because of the post op notes for that on the waiver. So give it about a month submit all notes from it.

One side note, submit everything. If you had asthma theyll see it, if you had a skin rash theyll see it, a bruise and you went to the doctor theyll see it. So submit anything you went to the doctor for ESPECIALLY MEDS. I had forgot about a lot now i'm stuck waiting to hear back after resubmitting all the stuff they found/I forgot about. Even if it was when you were 5 years old.

Call your old pediatrician and ask for past diagnosis. Any past diagnosis is what MEPS will see (dont quote me on that, that is what they saw for me).
It has almost been a month since I’ve submitted the paperwork. I did submit some non-lasik medical records my recruiter thought would be important, so maybe that’ll make it take longer? I’ll post my timeline once I hear back.

Hopefully childhood stuff doesn’t come back to haunt me, but I might go ahead and request old medical records just in case.

Destry

For those of you who had LASIK, how long did it take for you to go to MEPS?

I’m post 6 months LASIK as of this month, just waiting on MEPS.
6 months after with two post visits with my lasik doctor. I believe it was two could be three though. And then after 6 months and the post surgery documentation. I was allowed to go to meps. So prob I would say 7 months from the day I got surgery to the day I got passed through meps

WhiteLotus5125

I'm hoping to get strike, but anything that isn't a helo would be gucci in my book
I'm right there with ya, I have my sights set on jets as of right now but I'd be happy flying any fixed-wing if it doesn't work out that way.

Only got one chance in life to fly something that can break the sound barrier though. Might as well try for it and see what happens.