• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

davidc1220

Well do I have the chance to change it when I resubmit my package and resign the forms for the next package?

WhiteLotus5125

Double & triple check your APSR before signing it and make sure it only has the designations you want on it.
You should really double and triple check all your documents before signing but especially the APSR
Yeah, it's crazy how many people on the May board got blindsided by the antics of shady recruiters.

At that point, if it comes back as a Pro-Rec-Y, you're kinda forced to either turn it down, resubmit, and face those consequences later on down the road or accept an SNFO slot when its not something you'll be 100% motivated for.

Hella unfortunate.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Now let's say you put both on the line or even as some in the last board, you get picked for NFO even though you wanted or applied for pilot. How would you make that work if you wanted me a pilot later on in the airlines(let's assume that you can't do another board due to age cut off, or you don't want to risk turning down a PRO REC Y) What do you do then?
Sounds like a crazy situation but I've heard of it in previous boards

Only apply for NFO if you're OK with being selected, in case you get passed up for Pilot.

I know some recruiters or even some applicants would put down both thinking it would boost their application and the boards would value applicants pursuing both. This is not true.

If you only want to be in the front seat, put down pilot first and only preference.

Upwardbound

Yeah, it's crazy how many people on the May board got blindsided by the antics of shady recruiters.

At that point, if it comes back as a Pro-Rec-Y, you're kinda forced to either turn it down, resubmit, and face those consequences later on down the road or accept an SNFO slot when its not something you'll be 100% motivated for.

Hella unfortunate.
Yep, that's me. I 100% don't want NFO, never applied for it don't want it. All the respect in the world for NFO but it's not for me. Now I have to resign my commission and hope to be selected the next board. Also applying for marines this time around.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Hella unfortunate.

Back in 2017 or 2018 there was a last minute push/demand for NFOs in the later part of the fiscal year. As such, there were some candidates who applied for Pilot (with no NFO preference) who were offered NFO, just because that was the demand.

I had one candidate in which that happened to her, I felt bad and told her no harm if she declined going NFO. Luckily, she accepted NFO and is currently a WSO in an Oceana F/A-18 squadron.

Upwardbound

Back in 2017 or 2018 there was a last minute push/demand for NFOs in the later part of the fiscal year. As such, there were some candidates who applied for Pilot (with no NFO preference) who were offered NFO, just because that was the demand.

I had one candidate in which that happened to her, I felt bad and told her no harm if she declined going NFO. Luckily, she accepted NFO and is currently a WSO in an Oceana F/A-18 squadron.
I wasn't offered NFO I was selected for the position

Thunder

I wasn't selected on the May board and I thought my package was pretty competitive. Retaking the ASTB feels risky cause that will be my last retake. Should I go ahead and prepare to retake it or is there anything else I can do to improve my package for when I reapply

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
I wasn't selected on the May board and I thought my package was pretty competitive. Retaking the ASTB feels risky cause that will be my last retake. Should I go ahead and prepare to retake it or is there anything else I can do to improve my package for when I reapply
What were your ASTB scores

Upwardbound

Do you know if that's what happened with this May board too?
Just talked to my recruiter. He showed me the paper he sent in and it's only pilot on there. Said that they offered me SNFO because pilot was just too full so they chose strong pilot candidates and pro rec Yed them for SNFO for May.

Thunder

My ASTB scores were 59 7/7/7 with a 3.35 GPA. I was hoping for an 8 cause I know 7's are sometimes iffy.
I didn't have any waivers or anything like that