• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

WorldWar33.3

Howdy! I have two questions:
1. Does the board care about or even look at volunteering hours? I've racked up a ton of hours with different organizations over the last 6 months.

2. Since the May board used up about 1/3 of FY24 spots, what does this mean for the October board? More selections or less?

WhiteLotus5125

Howdy! I have two questions:
1. Does the board care about or even look at volunteering hours? I've racked up a ton of hours with different organizations over the last 6 months.

2. Since the May board used up about 1/3 of FY24 spots, what does this mean for the October board? More selections or less?
Can't speak on your first question. But in regard to the October board, from the knowledge I've gained from other threads, I believe that this October board will be more competitive since the number of applications will increase while the number of selections will stay the same since they are already filling FY24 quota and will likely have less selections than that of previous boards.

Last edited:

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Can't speak on your first question. But in regard to the October board, from the knowledge I've gained from other threads, I believe that this October board will be more competitive since they're filling FY24 quota and will likely have less selections that previous boards.
My OR said him and others expect the October board to be somewhat similar to the last one, again he also said he is not entirely sure so I think it’s safe to say none of us really know what will happen, all we really do know is that they cancelled august ?

WhiteLotus5125

My OR said him and others expect the October board to be somewhat similar to the last one, again he also said he is not entirely sure so I think it’s safe to say none of us really know what will happen, all we really do know is that they cancelled august ?
I mean, personally, I'm thinking that since we have all of the August applicants more than likely flowing over into this board, the number of applications will go up and the selection quota will stay the same right? So that would, essentially, make it more competitive? Idk man, this is all still new to me, I'm still trying to figure out how it all works ?

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
I mean, personally, I'm thinking that since we have all of the August applicants more than likely flowing over into this board, the number of applications will go up and the selection quota will stay the same right? So that would, essentially, make it more competitive? Idk man, this is all still new to me, I'm still trying to figure out how it all works ?
I think at this point all we can do is sit back and relax and hope we get phone calls in 4.5 months ?

WhiteLotus5125

I think at this point all we can do is sit back and relax and hope we get phone calls in 4.5 months ?
As they say, "Hurry up and wait!".

The anticipation kills me but, I started this whole process back in December and still haven't officially submitted an application yet (looking like it'll be mid-August when everything is all said and done) so I'm definitely getting used to the fact that things don't happen as quickly as I expect them to.

The board schedule on the n31 portal and on mynavyhr still has the August board on it. I'm not saying it's not canceled, it likely is. But until Big navy puts out an official board schedule, I'd be pushing to get my application in by the August deadline if at all possible.

BB Poison

Contributor
As they say, "Hurry up and wait!".

The anticipation kills me but, I started this whole process back in December and still haven't officially submitted an application yet (looking like it'll be mid-August when everything is all said and done) so I'm definitely getting used to the fact that things don't happen as quickly as I expect them to.
It be that way, I first contacted my recruiter in January 2021 and just got selected at the May board.

extraschmedium

The board schedule on the n31 portal and on mynavyhr still has the August board on it. I'm not saying it's not canceled, it likely is. But until Big navy puts out an official board schedule, I'd be pushing to get my application in by the August deadline if at all possible.
Don’t you do this to me

BDavis11

Contributor
There is no august deadline. The next deadline is September for this Oct board

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
It was released on 6 Jun. They haven't released a new one since. If they cancel a board officially they would update the schedule. Maybe they haven't gotten around to it.
My OR said his boss was emailed about august being cancelled and that’s why so many people had different answers of hearing about it and not hearing. He said they usually would update the schedule as well so they probably just havent gotten around to it.

Last edited: