• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Just talked to my recruiter. He showed me the paper he sent in and it's only pilot on there. Said that they offered me SNFO because pilot was just too full so they chose strong pilot candidates and pro rec Yed them for SNFO for May.
That is absolutely not cool, it just scream of bait and switch. They should not be doing that, and if a person declines they should not be holding that against them.

Unfortunately there have been many cases of recruiters adding designators after the fact so now it is who did and who didn't.

davidc1220

Question

So I went to Marine Corps OCS and was dropped from training 6 years ago. There is a letter that was given to me stating I had the chance to reapply ( i did about 3 times, denied all 3 times). My question is, I know this letter may potentially be a Black mark on my package/record. Should I even disclose it on my new package or anywhere else I'd be applying? There is no record of service anywhere from the Marine Corps of me serving any time at all

Just want to know if I'm shooting myself in the foot or if I'm about to commit a fraudulent enlistment

WhiteLotus5125

Should I even disclose it on my new package or anywhere else I'd be applying?
Could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure most applications across all the branches will ask if you've ever been denied for service by any branch.

And I'm sure that's a question they double-check.

Like I said I could be wrong so, anyone else who's following along with this, feel free to correct me if so.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Question

So I went to Marine Corps OCS and was dropped from training 6 years ago. There is a letter that was given to me stating I had the chance to reapply ( i did about 3 times, denied all 3 times). My question is, I know this letter may potentially be a Black mark on my package/record. Should I even disclose it on my new package or anywhere else I'd be applying? There is no record of service anywhere from the Marine Corps of me serving any time at all

Just want to know if I'm shooting myself in the foot or if I'm about to commit a fraudulent enlistment
Can't advise on if its still in your record or not,
however,
When I went through OCS, we had 1 guy who previously DOR'ed and another who was attrited couple years before. They were both re-accepted and brought back into the military no problem.

Upwardbound

That is absolutely not cool, it just scream of bait and switch. They should not be doing that, and if a person declines they should not be holding that against them.

Unfortunately there have been many cases of recruiters adding designators after the fact so now it is who did and who didn't.
Well his CO is looking into what they can do to make sure that the boards decision doesn't affect my application next board.

Upwardbound

I should emphasize, when I say they I'm talking about the board. The board selected me SNFO. I'm told I can reapply and like i said, blue angel pilot CO of his is looking into the stuff and I'm expecting a call from him soon. I'll let yall know what I learn about the process currently.

exNavyOffRec

Question

There should be a question asking if you have applied for or been dropped from a program leading to a commission.

davidc1220

So I guess its best to let the other branches im going after also know what happened 6 years ago.

I'm not the same person I was 6 years ago and life has done its work and made me grow up alot more. I never quit OCS but I should've never gone. Water under a bridge, can't go back and change it. I just don't want that to be a defining mark on my package regardless of what branch I go to.

OptionsDollaraire

I have not taken the ASTB yet but want to submit for this board. I have LORs, transcripts, and everything else loaded and ready to go. Looks like all I have to do is the personal statement. Do you think this is enough time?

I should also add, I passed MEPS with the Air Force a year and a half ago with a childhood asthma waiver, their Surgeon General approved it. Would the same have to be done on the Navy side?

Reactions: ADP

exNavyOffRec

I have not taken the ASTB yet but want to submit for this board. I have LORs, transcripts, and everything else loaded and ready to go. Looks like all I have to do is the personal statement. Do you think this is enough time?

I should also add, I passed MEPS with the Air Force a year and a half ago with a childhood asthma waiver, their Surgeon General approved it. Would the same have to be done on the Navy side?
More than likely yes, and depending on what they require it could be few days or many months to get approval.

tico50

If I begin the board process tomorrow, would MEPS and testing be finished before Sept deadline? Understand that definitive timeline is hard and that each case is unique, but if all goes smoothly/average, would it be time?

WhiteLotus5125

If I begin the board process tomorrow, would MEPS and testing be finished before Sept deadline? Understand that definitive timeline is hard and that each case is unique, but if all goes smoothly/average, would it be time?
If you're starting from scratch, I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting everything together in time to submit on this board. But, with that being said, it's all dependent on your application and what's needed. Like how well your ASTB goes and if you need to retest. Obtaining medical records. Any legal/medical waivers you might need. Those types of things will take some time. Your recruiter will be able to give you the best plan of action though.

Just as an example, I started this process back in December last year and I'm finally about to complete my package and submit at the end of this month.

Last edited:

davidc1220

So I spoke with an army recruiter, and all I'm going to say is wow that's a process for officers from civilian.

I have been seeing that if you're going to fly for the army best way is go warrant officer rather than commission since you'll fly more.

Still waiting to speak with the air force to see what they have to offer but so far still sticking with the Navy for my package

mplesh15

So I spoke with an army recruiter, and all I'm going to say is wow that's a process for officers from civilian.

I have been seeing that if you're going to fly for the army best way is go warrant officer rather than commission since you'll fly more.

Still waiting to speak with the air force to see what they have to offer but so far still sticking with the Navy for my package
From my conversation with an Air Force recruiter they sound even more backed up compared to the Navy.

I also have friends down at ENJJPT and their class up date has been pushed back several times.