• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

wonderb0iwl

Well shit guess I'm scrambling to apply SNFO for this board. Y'all got any tips for the motivational statement lol. I'm assuming I shouldn't fluff with emotional stuff like you have to do with scholarship essays.

WorldWar33.3

Well shit guess I'm scrambling to apply SNFO for this board. Y'all got any tips for the motivational statement lol. I'm assuming I shouldn't fluff with emotional stuff like you have to do with scholarship essays.
I asked a very similar question recently and ExNavyOffRec replied:

"The aviation board rarely if ever reads any motivational statements, you either have the scores that will indicate probably success in flight school or you don't."

Hope this helps!

BDavis11

Contributor
Basically get to the point of why you want to be an officer. Don’t use a whole bunch of fluff. They only have about two minutes to look at the entire package and they aren’t about to read a whole book.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Basically get to the point of why you want to be an officer. Don’t use a whole bunch of fluff. They only have about two minutes to look at the entire package and they aren’t about to read a whole book.
My recruiter sent me a bunch of examples to refer to when I wrote mine and they were all frickin novels. Immediately thought to myself no way in hell do they want to read about this dude's life story.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
It’s still wild to think that months (or years) of preparation basically comes down to someone looking at your application for a few minutes and saying yes or no

ChandosT

It’s still wild to think that months (or years) of preparation basically comes down to someone looking at your application for a few minutes and saying yes or no
That never really goes away either. Massive career decisions outside of your control will also be made by people who may or may not know who you are and pair you up against your peers.

wonderb0iwl

My recruiter sent me a bunch of examples to refer to when I wrote mine and they were all frickin novels. Immediately thought to myself no way in hell do they want to read about this dude's life story.

Same, but he sent me examples for NUPOC. Maybe it's different for them but for aviation I keep hearing the same thing exNavOffRec says.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Same, but he sent me examples for NUPOC. Maybe it's different for them but for aviation I keep hearing the same thing exNavOffRec says.
I applied for NUPOC, but completing the technical interviews and the interview with Admiral Caldwell were the deciding factors for acceptance into the program. I don't think my motivational statement mattered at all.

I got to the interview with Admiral Caldwell, but you can infer how well that went based on the fact that I'm applying for a different program entirely now.

Edit: Fun fact, once you find out the decision, you can never apply for the program again. Very intense stuff.

WorldWar33.3

I chatted with this guy at MEPS who was applying for NUPOC. He is a chemical engineer who works at my dad's company, so he's pretty book smart.

He was worried that he wouldn't get selected because he's half Russian/Iranian with contacts in each country, and because he punched a bouncer in the face at a popular East Coast bar. My dad saw him the other day, so I don't think he got into the program.

ChandosT

I applied for NUPOC, but completing the technical interviews and the interview with Admiral Caldwell were the deciding factors for acceptance into the program. I don't think my motivational statement mattered at all.

I got to the interview with Admiral Caldwell, but you can infer how well that went based on the fact that I'm applying for a different program entirely now.

Edit: Fun fact, once you find out the decision, you can never apply for the program again. Very intense stuff.
Financially you would've been set for life... but speaking from experience, nukes are a ummmmm interesting group of individuals. Now imagine being in charge of them. Recruiter tried pushing me in that direction the moment I told him my major. No thanks.