• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

OptionsDollaraire

The thought of that O-1E pay with full benefits has me salivating
You could always get a job at a large defense contractor and reap that differential pay benefit

exNavyOffRec

I believe it fluctuates. There's been times in history where they're hurting so bad for bodies that straight 5's would get your foot in the door.
They have never been hurting for bodies, that is the rumor shady recruiters have used to get people to apply fast instead of taking the time to get good scores.

justin2023

Your GPA is a little close to the threshold of 2.8 which might spook them a bit. What's your major in? A STEM degree makes you more competitive for it
Yeah I mean I have heard that BDCP is a little harder to get into than applying normally. My GPA is worrying me as well but I feel like my LORs and personal statement are strong as well as a pretty decent ASTB. But no clue if they read those LORs or personal statement. I am getting a B.S. in Cellular and Molecular Biology which is a STEM degree
Have 7s always been considered "ok" with respect to previous boards? I remember seeing somewhere that all 7s was basically a "Yes" from the board, but that's obviously not the case now.

Also, according to this website, a 7 means you did better than 77%-89% of other people. It doesn't specify whether or not that's everyone who's ever taken the ASTB.
I saw some guys got picked up with a 6 PFAR last board but no clue if they were ISPP. If anything I have heard a 7 is more in the middle than anything. I also do have my PPL but I heard that gives no weight to the boards even if I do show I was taking college classes while working towards it. No clue how different parts of an application weigh on a BDCP app

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
The thought of that O-1E pay with full benefits has me salivating
You could always get a job at a large defense contractor and reap that differential pay benefit
Oh I realize I could make way more money out of the navy with my degree… but this is chasing something bigger than money. The prior enlisted pay bump though will make a nice difference

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Yeah I mean I have heard that BDCP is a little harder to get into than applying normally. My GPA is worrying me as well but I feel like my LORs and personal statement are strong as well as a pretty decent ASTB. But no clue if they read those LORs or personal statement. I am getting a B.S. in Cellular and Molecular Biology which is a STEM degree
In general I think it’ll be interesting to see how many of us going for the BDCP actually get selected since the navy isn’t getting anything out of us until we graduate. LOR’s are where I’m scrambling right now. So far only one of my profs has gotten back to me with one and my boss is taking his sweet time with it. Also need my advisor to get me my graduation plan

exNavyOffRec

I saw some guys got picked up with a 6 PFAR last board but no clue if they were ISPP. If anything I have heard a 7 is more in the middle than anything. I also do have my PPL but I heard that gives no weight to the boards even if I do show I was taking college classes while working towards it. No clue how different parts of an application weigh on a BDCP app
BDCP will pay more attention to GPA than a normal board as they want to make sure a person will graduate, I had and saw several picked up before they put the program on hold and we had several with great ASTB scores with GPA's just above 3.0 that were told "No" but when they graduated were picked up right away.