• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28FEB2023 IWC PROBOARD

exNavyOffRec

If you are PROREC Y then yes you are one of the chosen. FY24 is the commissioning date fiscal year so you can leave as early as the July 23rd or August 13th dates I believe, or as late as next June.

If you are active duty then your command CO/XO/CCC listed on your package should have received a request for release email that they are expected to respond to giving a date you are eligible for release so that your OCS date can be secured and orders drafted.

For civilians, contact your recruiter for the process. I've heard of people shipping out right away but for FY24, expect to wait until at least the dates I mentioned above.
A good rule of thumb is if the OCS date is after the first week of July it is the next FY.

c4ro

Pro Rec Y too! OCS April 16th. Anybody else have that class?
I do too! My recruiter mentioned though I needed to get clearance first though.
There is a thread on AirWarriors where a bunch of us that have the April 16th OCS date have made a GroupMe. Feel free to drop your numbers in that thread to get an invite if you would like to talk with some of us that will be in your class!

no_more_nuke_life

Hi all!

I was told Friday that I was selected for IP(1820). I included my stats below.

I know kind of a weird road being an AGC.
Sex: M
GPA: 3.06 (Graduated with a 4.0 suma cum laude, Had a lot of fixing to do from earlier in life!)
Degree: AS Computer Science Onondaga Community College BS in Computer Networks and Cyber Security from UMGC.
OAR: 55
TIS: 9.8 years (Yeah, I know I barely made it)
Current Rate: AGC(IW/AW/SW)

LORs from O5 (1800), O5 (1820)
Interviews from O6(1820), O5(1820), O5(1800)

Hopefully some of us will be going to OCS together! DM me or respond! Looking forward to it!

Congrats! I missed the Feb board deadline, but it's sort of comforting to know there are other people applying from the non IW world (yeah, I see your IW, but your rate is technically Aviation?) with high TIS. Unfortunately, none of my LOR are from the intel world, so hopefully that doesn't hinder me too much.

Whiskeyrice

Congrats! I missed the Feb board deadline, but it's sort of comforting to know there are other people applying from the non IW world (yeah, I see your IW, but your rate is technically Aviation?) with high TIS. Unfortunately, none of my LOR are from the intel world, so hopefully that doesn't hinder me too much.
AGs are weather not aviation. Don't worry about the LORs too much.. degree, GPA, OAR above 50.

smblord36

IS1 (IW/AW) applying for OCS 1830
AGs actually are a part of the IWC.

I’m an IS but have worked in aviation for most of my career, so my LORs are from aviation folks, but they are all people I have directly worked for and I was told those would be beneficial.

Purpledoughnut

My background is aviation with no IW warfare, and I was selected. It’s possible. You just have to make sure your package aligns with the IWC.

DickFlair

HUGE CONGRATS to all who were selected!!

I am curious if any of you are AD and used the ISPP Authorization? If so, would love to direct message you and ask a few questions.

Also for those selected, how soon are you leaving for OCS? I am wondering if we have any say so in regards to volunteering to leave earlier or even volunteering to leave later if needed. Thanks in advance.

RhodesReese

HUGE CONGRATS to all who were selected!!

I am curious if any of you are AD and used the ISPP Authorization? If so, would love to direct message you and ask a few questions.

Also for those selected, how soon are you leaving for OCS? I am wondering if we have any say so in regards to volunteering to leave earlier or even volunteering to leave later if needed. Thanks in advance.
Speak with your chain of command when you want to leave. I had a FY-23 date and I told my XO the exact class I wanted to go into and that’s what he told millington. Your CoC should work with you as long as it doesn’t impact mission.