• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28FEB2023 IWC PROBOARD

Whiskeyrice

Has everyone gotten a class date yet? I’ve completed all requirements, but haven’t heard anything yet.
Nothing here yet. They're still waiting on my CO/XO replying to the email but it's been 3 weeks now and I have a feeling it'll be quite a bit longer before they do so. Not sure how long it would be before a date would be picked for me by CNRC if that's how it would happen eventually; tried reaching out to Mr. Celestin regarding that possibility but his first email response was generic and when I clarified I got crickets. Plenty of time for a response to go out still, but I am curious as to what would happen if an active duty member's CO/XO just flat out doesn't respond.

keizero11

Nothing here yet. They're still waiting on my CO/XO replying to the email but it's been 3 weeks now and I have a feeling it'll be quite a bit longer before they do so. Not sure how long it would be before a date would be picked for me by CNRC if that's how it would happen eventually; tried reaching out to Mr. Celestin regarding that possibility but his first email response was generic and when I clarified I got crickets. Plenty of time for a response to go out still, but I am curious as to what would happen if an active duty member's CO/XO just flat out doesn't respond.
So what are the actual next steps? Can we not call our detailer to figure out a class date? Or must it come from the CO/XO? I'm underway currently and I'm also in the same situation as you (my XO/CO haven't said anything yet to me or the email that they got). But I would assume there is some form of deadline that they have to respond by.

Whiskeyrice

I
So what are the actual next steps? Can we not call our detailer to figure out a class date? Or must it come from the CO/XO? I'm underway currently and I'm also in the same situation as you (my XO/CO haven't said anything yet to me or the email that they got). But I would assume there is some form of deadline that they have to respond by.
Tried asking Mr. Celestin twice already without a real response, though I have yet to call him directly with the question.

Asked someone here about it too they mentioned they haven't heard of a deadline for CoC input.

Crockerkio

PM me. I can help!

Whiskeyrice

Just called Mr. Celestin and there is "no deadline" (see below). I'm not at risk of having my selection dropped nor would he just randomly assign a class. After asking again though he did say as I'm FY-24 IP that he would need command inputs by June of 2024, so essentially that is the deadline. He did not specify as to what happens after that but I can only assume I'd be signed up for one of the last FY-24 classes.

Good luck to anyone else on an aircraft carrier.

exNavyOffRec

Detailers don't deal with the OCS class dates, NRC controls that.

exNavyOffRec

Just called Mr. Celestin and there is "no deadline" (see below). I'm not at risk of having my selection dropped nor would he just randomly assign a class. After asking again though he did say as I'm FY-24 IP that he would need command inputs by June of 2024, so essentially that is the deadline. He did not specify as to what happens after that but I can only assume I'd be signed up for one of the last FY-24 classes.

Good luck to anyone else on an aircraft carrier.
He probably meant June 2023 as for OCS purposes FY24 accessions start going to OCS in July 2023 with the last class the end of June/first week of July 2024

Purpledoughnut

If you are a fleet applicant, once your CO responds to the email about your potential release date from the command, you do a SCI screening, after that you wait for Mr. Celestine to give you a date.

I spoke with him and he told me that OCS classes are booked up right now. More time to RUN and workout.

exNavyOffRec

If you are a fleet applicant, once your CO responds to the email about your potential release date from the command, you do a SCI screening, after that you wait for Mr. Celestine to give you a date.

I spoke with him and he told me that OCS classes are booked up right now. More time to RUN and workout.
OCS classes don't really work like that, it is based on designator, when the follow on school is and what they need for the FY, they might not be able to put any more Intel in OCS for FY 23 but they may have many openings for SWO for FY 23. They may have spots in FY 24 for IW but the follow on school might be full in the near future and that could result in IW's getting sent later in FY 24 than sooner. There are many variables, it is easy for them to say "full" but that really isn't accurate and leads to rumors.

The class sized they have been running for the past many years are about half the size they had in the past, need for each FY just doesn't justify the higher class numbers.

Purpledoughnut

OCS classes don't really work like that, it is based on designator, when the follow on school is and what they need for the FY, they might not be able to put any more Intel in OCS for FY 23 but they may have many openings for SWO for FY 23. They may have spots in FY 24 for IW but the follow on school might be full in the near future and that could result in IW's getting sent later in FY 24 than sooner. There are many variables, it is easy for them to say "full" but that really isn't accurate and leads to rumors.

The class sized they have been running for the past many years are about half the size they had in the past, need for each FY just doesn't justify the higher class numbers.
That is correct. I should have specified he did say that it’s a wait for a class date for IP specifically due to most of the things you mentioned above.

Whiskeyrice

Received my date of August 13th. Be sure to check eNTRS if unsure whether or not you've been penciled in on a class roster yet.

Whiskeyrice

I don't know how it works for civilians, but your recruiter can always check eNTRS and let you know what they see for upcoming class rosters.