• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28FEB2023 IWC PROBOARD

Whiskeyrice

Creating this for applicants at this upcoming board. Good luck all!

My application has been submitted for this board's review for IP (1820), per Mr. Celestin.

GPA: 3.91
Degree: B.S Technical Management, DeVry; A.A.S Network Systems Administration, DeVry
OAR: 53
Experience: IT1, Naval Active Duty 8 yr (waiver approved)
COMPTIA Security+ certified

cjd131

Submitting for CW and I think IP, but unclear if my recruiter sent in for the latter.

Sex: M
GPA: 3.65
Degree: BS of Foreign Service in International Politics and Finance, Georgetown
OAR: 63
Experience: none that's relevant lol

brianl93

Just got emailed that I will be in this board!

GPA: 2.98 ( Graduated with a 3.7 but had a rough going prior to the Navy)
Degree: BS in Cybersecurity and Computer Networks from UMUC.
OAR: 51
TIS: 8 years
Certs: Sec+ and CASP+

LORs from O5,O5,O3
Interviews from O6,O5,CWO4

datsekcey

I was informed by Mr. Célestin that my package will be on this 28Feb23 board.

GPA: I Graduated (Waiver Approved)
Degree: Bachelor of Arts and sciences
OAR: LVII
TIS: X years (Waiver Approved)
Certs: None
EVALS: (E-VI: EP, MP) (E-V: EP, MP, EP, EP)
PRT: last cycle O High : Run 9:XXV

LORs from O6,O5,O5,O3
Interviews from O4,O3,O3

Hands and fingers clasped together, praying to the heavens for a miracle.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I was informed by Mr. Célestin that my package will be on this 28Feb23 board.

GPA: I Graduated (Waiver Approved)
Degree: Bachelor of Arts and sciences
OAR: LVII
TIS: X years (Waiver Approved)
Certs: None
EVALS: (E-VI: EP, MP) (E-V: EP, MP, EP, EP)
PRT: last cycle O High : Run 9:XXV

LORs from O6,O5,O5,O3
Interviews from O4,O3,O3

Hands and fingers clasped together, praying to the heavens for a miracle.
Just so you know and are aware of what "waiver approved" means, it allows you to go to board, the board will still decide if they want to go along with the waiver or not as they have "limited numbers" that they will accept with waivers. NRC in the past several years has in nearly all cases approved the waivers and pushes the decision to the board.

OverMattress

IP-PROREC Y
Greetings all!

First off, good luck to everyone on this months board!

For those of you who had a waiver and got confirmation that you will be on the board, how long ago did you submit your package to Mr. C?

datsekcey

Just so you know and are aware of what "waiver approved" means, it allows you to go to board, the board will still decide if they want to go along with the waiver or not as they have "limited numbers" that they will accept with waivers. NRC in the past several years has in nearly all cases approved the waivers and pushes the decision to the board.
I am aware, but I am of the mindset that you miss every shot that you don’t take and I can live with myself knowing that I tried, and that’s okay, If nothing else I can help others who may want to pursue this route, so why not.

Whiskeyrice

Greetings all!

First off, good luck to everyone on this months board!

For those of you who had a waiver and got confirmation that you will be on the board, how long ago did you submit your package to Mr. C?
I submitted back in October one day before the deadline. He lists two weeks prior to deadline if you have a waiver, which I did, so in reality I didn't make the deadline at all back then, thus pushing me to this board.

Whiskeyrice

Do you know what percentage or figure in relation to the select goal is typically reserved in "limited numbers" for those with waivers?

brianl93

I submitted back in October one day before the deadline. He lists two weeks prior to deadline if you have a waiver, which I did, so in reality I didn't make the deadline at all back then, thus pushing me to this board.
You and I are in the same boat my friend.

brianl93

We're the same age, same TIS and the rest of our stuff is similar enough too give or take from each "category". Funny how that works sometimes.
Hey when your an exceptional candidate you just know it ;) I was talking to my CCC team and they said we should know something about 2-4 weeks post board....so hopefully that's accurate.

exNavyOffRec

I am aware, but I am of the mindset that you miss every shot that you don’t take and I can live with myself knowing that I tried, and that’s okay, If nothing else I can help others who may want to pursue this route, so why not.
I get that I just wanted you to be aware so if the result isn't positive you weren't blindsided and understand the process.

I would do the same thing in your shoes.

Whiskeyrice

Hey when your an exceptional candidate you just know it ;) I was talking to my CCC team and they said we should know something about 2-4 weeks post board....so hopefully that's accurate.
Hmm well the last IWC board took roughly 8 weeks but that was also during the holiday time periods. So accounting for that if it's around 6 weeks I wouldn't be too surprised, but a mere 2 weeks would be spectacular obviously.