• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

KFC

For anyone applying to the 25 May 2020 Pilot/NFO board, we will be using the Pilot/NFO 4MAY20 thread until further information is posted to confirm the date of the upcoming board. Upon joining, please add your information to our collective Google sheet, and welcome to the group!

Tgonzo29

Has anybody still waiting on getting their flight physical? I have been asking my recruiter about it for months and she said she hasn't been updating me or been able to get me an appoinment. I feel like I have to be the squeaky wheel right now about it with the deadline being a month away. Has anybody ever been in this situation or know what might be a good plan for pressing the issue harder? I missed the last board due to not being able to get a physical in time for the board.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Has anybody still waiting on getting their flight physical? I have been asking my recruiter about it for months and she said she hasn't been updating me or been able to get me an appoinment. I feel like I have to be the squeaky wheel right now about it with the deadline being a month away. Has anybody ever been in this situation or know what might be a good plan for pressing the issue harder? I missed the last board due to not being able to get a physical in time for the board.

have you already been to MEPS?

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Negative, my recruiter said it can all be done in one visit

So MEPS is the only physical exam that will go through until you make it to OCS. There is are no flight physicals done at MEPS as far as I’m aware because there aren’t any flight docs at MEPS. The initial flight physical happens at OCS and makes sure that you can continue on with your designator post OCS without any major health issues.

Have you taken the ASTB yet?

Tgonzo29

I have
So MEPS is the only physical exam that will go through until you make it to OCS. There is are no flight physicals done at MEPS as far as I’m aware because there aren’t any flight docs at MEPS. The initial flight physical happens at OCS and makes sure that you can continue on with your designator post OCS without any major health issues.

Interesting. She said that there was an alternative to going to MEPS. I have taken the ASTB.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
I have

Interesting. She said that there was an alternative to going to MEPS. I have taken the ASTB.
The only other thing I have heard of was someone getting a flight physical done at a NAMI site after they were DQ’d for pilot at MEPS because of vision or something else and it’s like a hey I’m pretty sure something got messed up at MEPS but I think i should be qualified but I didn’t and this is an official double check. But that is extremely rare as far as I know and only happens if you are nearby a NAMI location.
The reason I ask if you have taken the ASTB is because if you hadn’t then some recruiters won’t send you to MEPS without qualifying scores. Kinda don’t want to waste the money sending you there as there is no way you will get selected because you didn’t meet minimum scores anyways...

If she is refusing to send you to MEPS that is one thing but if she is just being negligent and not doing it because she doesn’t feel like it then that is another. Remember, you can always go to her supervisor if she doesn’t want to get things done. It’s your life not hers and the only one fighting for you is you.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

If the applicant is near a military clinic/hospital they can complete the physical there. Assuming the recruiter has a hook up...

KFC

Okay, we're officially switching over from the 4May20 thread to this thread in light of a change in the date of the board meeting. As a reminder, please upload your information to the following Google sheet upon joining, for the benefit of us all.

Once again, good luck and much patience to everyone applying!