• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Aren’t they forgoing OHARP during the pandemic though? I happen to be recently engaged and slotted for the 29NOV20 class.

My recruiter made it sound as if I would be working with him during OHARP. From what I understood is aviation pipeline was full due to COVID and might extend OHARP given the ability to social distance, etc.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Just got the call from my OR that my 15NOV20 start of ROM has been canceled. I am no longer part of the 29NOV20 OCS class - and I have not been given a new date.

Good thing I have some money saved up. I quit my job this past Friday to quarantine before ROM.

Jp127

Just got the call from my OR that my 15NOV20 start of ROM has been canceled. I am no longer part of the 29NOV20 OCS class - and I have not been given a new date.

Good thing I have some money saved up. I quit my job this past Friday to quarantine before ROM.
Are you saying the whole class was canceled?!? Or just you were removed?

Also sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you can get in an upcoming class and not have to wait too long!

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Are you saying the whole class was canceled?!? Or just you were removed?

Also sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you can get in an upcoming class and not have to wait too long!
God no, they didn’t cancel the class to my knowledge. That’d be a real SNAFU for OTCN if they did. They did however move me out of that class, and have not given me a new date. OR says he’s already appraised his higher ups of my employment situation, so hopefully that translates to a December class.

Anybody with any intel on why this kind of thing is still happening? I know they cut classes in half for a while, but IIRC they’ve been running full classes since at least July/August. Or is NRC canceling pilot boards the first step to actually clearing the backlog?

E6BFlightComp

God no, they didn’t cancel the class to my knowledge. That’d be a real SNAFU for OTCN if they did. They did however move me out of that class, and have not given me a new date. OR says he’s already appraised his higher ups of my employment situation, so hopefully that translates to a December class.

Anybody with any intel on why this kind of thing is still happening? I know they cut classes in half for a while, but IIRC they’ve been running full classes since at least July/August. Or is NRC canceling pilot boards the first step to actually clearing the backlog?

In the final days before classing up into Indoc phase. They are moving dates around like crazy, I was originally Nov 8th then switched to Nov 29th then switched to Feb 14th and they finally called me about a week before the ROM period started for my original class of Nov 8th after I signed a financial hardship waiver. Class 06-21 is apparently the first class back up to full capacity at OTCN but they're back logging people from the beginning of the year boards when coronavirus really took a toll. The constant moving around is due to people that used to be, but are not currently ready to leave their homes and they progress up the chain allowing others to take those spots. I have heard through the pipeline from Candi-os that OHARP is authorized for the upcoming graduating class 02-21 for 14 days with class 03-21 being extended to the typical 30 day OHARP before moving their life to Pensacola.

grizzi17

Greetings everybody. Is there anybody from this board still waiting for FINSEL? From what I’ve seen here on AW, some SNAs from later boards already have FINSELs for August/September OCS dates. I’m pencilled in for Jan 24th (leaving on the 9th) but haven’t received it yet. I’m a bit puzzled.

rq0

Greetings everybody. Is there anybody from this board still waiting for FINSEL? From what I’ve seen here on AW, some SNAs from later boards already have FINSELs for August/September OCS dates. I’m pencilled in for Jan 24th (leaving on the 9th) but haven’t received it yet. I’m a bit puzzled.
In the same situation as you. Hoping to hear something soon.

rq0

Hopefully we won’t be in “FINSEL purgatory” but I hear that it’s not that uncommon to be in that position?
No idea haha I've been put on the standby list for every class since the beginning of October; I have been told that I'm actually on the class list for this one... we will see if the FINSEL comes through sometime in the next couple of weeks. Best of luck!

knight208

I am in your boat as well....I’m only penciled in for the 24th. Literally just floating on a breeze. Sold my house, put everything in storage, and living like a gypsy since October......