• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

JSaint23

How were you able to submit your package without going to MEPS? Besides the ASTB, that was one of the first things my recruiter had me do.
Sorry, guess I should’ve elaborated on that a little more. I did go through the normal procedures with MEPS before I submitted my package, I’m only going to MEPS next Monday for my electronic fingerprints for my background check and to sign my signature pages so when the very next slot opens up to leave I’ll be ready to go.

JSaint23

Does anyone know for sure how the OCS class slots are filled? Is it a physical list of applicants that have been arranged in some sort of predetermined order, or is it just a random pooling of individuals that they draw out of hat so to speak? Or, does it really have to do with the OR keeping an eye out for slots that open up from cancellations?
At this point bro, to be brutally honest...I have no F#^!$&G idea lmao

KFC

But in all seriousness, im not really sure. I'm guessing it goes on needs of the navy, who was selected first, and hardships. I checked last night and there were 21 open seats for males and 2 for females in the 27Sep class. Now those may already have names attached to them just waiting on orders. I dont know for sure.
Hang on, how can you check on that??? Does OTCN post the class lists somewhere?

Sorry, guess I should’ve elaborated on that a little more. I did go through the normal procedures with MEPS before I submitted my package, I’m only going to MEPS next Monday for my electronic fingerprints for my background check and to sign my signature pages so when the very next slot opens up to leave I’ll be ready to go.
Ahh gotcha ?

JSaint23

But in all seriousness, im not really sure. I'm guessing it goes on needs of the navy, who was selected first, and hardships. I checked last night and there were 21 open seats for males and 2 for females in the 27Sep class. Now those may already have names attached to them just waiting on orders. I dont know for sure.
Where can you see how many seats are open for males and females???

Timster96

Where do you go to check for that kind of information?

xeroseal87

You need a CAC to look at the class quotas in CETARS. if i had access to NITRAS I could actually the class lists, but I do not.

lysrob619

LysRob
Anybody else tired of waiting for an OCS class date and catch themselves watching the same OCS video on Youtube trying to stay motivated??? lol

Well, that video does not look fun to me. But I keep looking at dress uniforms and picturing my husband in them to keep myself positive and motivated.
That and looking up places we can go eat together once we get to Pcola.

JSaint23

Hey, does anybody know if you're paid as an E-5 including your time in service if you're prior enlisted or whether or not you're just paid as an E-5 Day 1 or whatever your current rank is going in if you're ranked higher?

LBallew

Anyone interested in forming a limbo Facebook group? I know a lot of people on here make groups once they get their dates but seems like the trend is to only get FINSEL 1-2 weeks out and I could use work out motivation now. Could also be an easier platform for sharing (and later finding) information.

Russell1015

Hey, does anybody know if you're paid as an E-5 including your time in service if you're prior enlisted or whether or not you're just paid as an E-5 Day 1 or whatever your current rank is going in if you're ranked higher?
my understanding is that you are paid E5 unless you have a higher rank then you are paid that. So ill still be paid E6, as for time in service your years should still count.