• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ventus

Weather Guesser
pilot
Heard back from my recruiter today.

...He was letting me know that he hasn't heard anything back from the board yet.
As someone who’s dealt with this exact joke on the Air Force side of things, for 4 months of waiting after the board...

let me be the first to say you’re not funny lol

Ventus

Weather Guesser
pilot
Latest news from my recruiter:

“We’ve reached out to Navy a Recruiting Command a few times now. The results have not been signed off yet. Needs signature before public release. Stand by.”

KFC

I know it's pretty early to be saying this, but when we do hear back let's all do our best to update the google doc with our results. Looking back at previous boards, it would seem that a lot of people tend to forget about future board groups in their excitement. I know that some of us will be getting bad news, but we owe it to ourselves, our fellow prospects, and future SNA/SNFO prospects to let them know what it takes.

Good news or bad news, everyone here worked hard for this and should be very proud of that. Never be discouraged from pursuing your dream, even if you have to go through this process again. I wish everyone the best of luck in the coming weeks. Hopefully we will hear back soon!

justz048

I know it's pretty early to be saying this, but when we do hear back let's all do our best to update the google doc with our results. Looking back at previous boards, it would seem that a lot of people tend to forget about future board groups in their excitement. I know that some of us will be getting bad news, but we owe it to ourselves, our fellow prospects, and future SNA/SNFO prospects to let them know what it takes.

Good news or bad news, everyone here worked hard for this and should be very proud of that. Never be discouraged from pursuing your dream, even if you have to go through this process again. I wish everyone the best of luck in the coming weeks. Hopefully we will hear back soon!
Absolutely! I could not agree more. I think even updating the doc that you were not selected helps future applicants know if they’re borderline or not. On the last board, it took me a minute to cope with not being selected, but I realized I’d only be hurting others if I didn’t upload the spreadsheet with my results. I also realized that not getting selected then just gave me more time to prep for OCS when I do eventually get selected. I’m just happy that I have been given another opportunity to apply and I’ve done all I can to make the most of this attempt. Like @KFC said though, good or bad, we’ve all worked hard to get to this point. Everything happens for a reason regardless of the outcomes.

Reactions: KFC

lysrob619

LysRob
My husband's package is at this board. I've been stalking the forum on his behalf gathering information. I keep refreshing the page hoping that someone will post that they heard back. He's miserable in his current job, so I really hope he gets this.

KFC

My husband's package is at this board. I've been stalking the forum on his behalf gathering information. I keep refreshing the page hoping that someone will post that they heard back. He's miserable in his current job, so I really hope he gets this.
With any luck, we should all start hearing back between the 17th and the 26th, assuming they did meet on the 20th of May. In the meantime, I wouldn't get too caught up in awaiting a response. Just have him focus on preparing for OCS both physically and mentally. Even if you don't know whether you are getting in or not, it can't hurt to be prepared and get in the right mindset. Worst case scenario, he re-applies to the next board and doesn't need to stress over whether or not he is ready.

lysrob619

LysRob
With any luck, we should all start hearing back between the 17th and the 26th, assuming they did meet on the 20th of May. In the meantime, I wouldn't get too caught up in awaiting a response. Just have him focus on preparing for OCS both physically and mentally. Even if you don't know whether you are getting in or not, it can't hurt to be prepared and get in the right mindset. Worst case scenario, he re-applies to the next board and doesn't need to stress over whether or not he is ready.

He's definitely trying to prepare already. He's been going to 6am crossfit workouts every week day for a few months now.